Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2004, 02:57 PM   #76
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

Quote:
Originally posted by MAGICinMYHEART
dizcrazy
Renting Watermouse for fun out on Bay Lake, and Bikes then taking the trails over to Ft. Wilderness to check out the stables and petting zoo for the little ones.
Somebody read the WL Zipadee Do Dah tip for today!!!
Old 02-19-2004, 04:16 PM   #77
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
Florida people eat Gators....THE CIRCLE OF LIFE.
I love to laugh!

DisneyDmbNut,

Too funny actually I didn't read the Weather Report today because I had to go to work this a.m. just goes to show great minds think alike.

I also think a great relaxing thing to do is walk over to the Villas to the Iron Spike Room and play a game or two of checkers.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2004, 04:34 PM   #78
Liv2CdWorld
I love these boards ---- this is where the Magic lives when I'm not at WDW!
WL Vet

Quote:
DisneyDmbNut,

Too funny actually I didn't read the Weather Report today because I had to go to work this a.m. just goes to show great minds think alike.

I also think a great relaxing thing to do is walk over to the Villas to the Iron Spike Room and play a game or two of checkers.
They have checkers there!? My DS5 LOVES playing checkers. DH and he were sitting at that little table in MK playing checkers while I went into Exposition Hall to pick up our pictures. Everyone walking by would stop and just look at them. Not sure if they thought they were an act or just thought they were crazy for playing checkers while they were in Disney World....

For the record, I skip the weather right now (since I'm not going down anytime soon), but I always look for the Tip for Today!!

August 29 to Sept 3, 2007 - WL
Dec 22 to Dec 29, 2007 - WL

June 3 to June 10, 2006 - Contemporary
Nov 24 to Dec 4, 2005 - HRH & Saratoga Springs
Aug 11 to Aug 14, 2005 - WL (Quick impromptu trip)
May 29 to June 6, 2005 - WL
May 2004 - Contemporary
December 2003 - WL
May 2003 - Poly Concierge/ WL Concierge
Christmas 2001 - WL
May 2000 - WL
May 1999 - WL
Oct 1995 - Disneyland
1980 and prior - too many to count

Pat the bear's nose so the magic can begin - FloridaCat
Old 02-19-2004, 04:38 PM   #79
DisneyDmbNut

WL Vet

Thanks!
I try to thnk of WL related stuff, but pretty soon, I fear, I will have to expand my Tips...

Wow, what a run on sentance!Hope there are no teachers. Between my grammer and spelling, I am terrible!
Old 02-19-2004, 04:45 PM   #80
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
Florida people eat Gators....THE CIRCLE OF LIFE.
I love to laugh!

Quote:
Originally posted by Liv2CdWorld
They have checkers there!? My DS5 LOVES playing checkers. DH and he were sitting at that little table in MK playing checkers while I went into Exposition Hall to pick up our pictures.
Yep, checkers, chess, big cozy rocking chairs, and large beautiful fireplace. (modle train engines & some train cars they are stationary) I have taught four of my nephews how to play while we where staying at the Lodge. We usually go down before the EWP and play until time for the show or when they run out of quarters at the game room.
Old 02-19-2004, 09:10 PM   #81
rgionet
Mouseketeer

Hello Vets! I have a question about the Deluxe rooms (or junior suites). I assume that there is still the additional charge of $25/night/adult over two adults in the room and if you reserve one of these what floors are the located on? Are they on the concierge floor and if not do you get concierge access with the suites? If not can you add access to concierge when you book the suite and how much extra is it? My mother-in-law may join us on our next trip and I thought this might be a nice way to give everyone some extra space!!! Thanks in advance if anyone is able to answer my many questions!!!

Sept 2000 CB; Apr 2001 DCL Magic - Eastern; Sept 2002 DCL Magic - Western/Poly GV Concierge; Aug 2003 POR; Jan 2004 WL Concierge, Aug 2004 POR, Oct 2004 ASSp; Jan 2005 ASM/AKL Concierge/BC Concierge, Aug 2005 WL/CR/AKL, Sept 2005 POR; Jan 2006 ASMu/Coronado Springs/DCL Magic - Western, Aug 2006 CR/YC; Aug 2007 Polynesian/Port Orleans Riverside, Sep 2007 CR; Jul 2008 POP/WL Concierge, Aug 2008 ASSp/YC; Aug 2009 CR Concierge; May 2010 Pop, Aug 2010 CBR/Polynesian Concierge/CR, Jan 2011 CR/DCL Dream, Feb 2011 POFQ, Aug 2011 WL Concierge, Jan 2012 POFQ, Aug 2012 Polynesian Concierge, Jan 2013 WL, Feb 2013 DCL Fantasy/POFQ, Dec 2013 SSR, Jan 2014 Polynesian Concierge
Old 02-19-2004, 10:25 PM   #82
AspiringCindy
Craved Spam.....the unidentified meat, but ONLY during pregnancy. And PLEASE don't mention the "E" word!!!!
WL VET

There is still that fee for more than 2 adults in the room.
Also, there are deluxe rooms on other floors(other than 7th floor). I think you can add concierge service on, but I am not positive!
July1999-WL
May2000-DisneyMagic
May2000-ASMu
July/Aug2002-WL
Aug2004-Poly GVC
Aug2004-HRH
Nov2005-DisneyWonder
Nov2005-POR
July2006-GC-1st DLvisit
Aug.2008-ASMu Fam. Suite
July2012-Disneyland
July2013-Disneyland Paris
Nov2014-AKL

Old 02-19-2004, 10:56 PM   #83
#1EeyoreFan
Earning My Ears

Jr. Suites

We were given a complimentary upgrade to a Jr. Suite during our trip this past January, but we only had two adults and one child, so I can't help with the additional person charge. But I can help with location! We were in room 2000, and we didn't have access to the Concierge amenities. It was a wonderful room with views of the fireworks and the ELP every night.

<font size=3 color=blue font face="Walt Disney Script v4.1"> Disney Magic 9/28/03</font
Old 02-20-2004, 09:15 AM   #84
DisneyDmbNut

WL Vet

Weatherwoman Looking Forward to being out of a job!!!

GO ROY! GO ROY!

Current Temp at the Lodge: 59*
Sunrise: 7:01am
Sunset: 6:19pm

TODAY

Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 70s. South winds 5 to 10 mph.

TONIGHT

Partly cloudy. Patchy fog after midnight. Lows in the mid 50s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

SATURDAY

Partly cloudy. Highs around 80. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph.

SATURDAY NIGHT

Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 50s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

WL Zippadee Do Dah Tip for the Day:

Many newbies don't know that small sitting areas are located toward the front of the Lodge on the 4th and 5th floor. Comfy chairs and fireplace make a perfect "after park" retreat. Grab your mug and enjoy the view of the lobby below.
Old 02-20-2004, 09:24 AM   #85
jmkst58
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Relocated @ the request of:
FloridaCat
Wild Wacky Wonderful WL Weatherman
You sit in a bathtub to eat a FL orange
It does not get any better then this

POOLS: Silver Spring and Silver Creek meanders down to the waterfalls and into the pool. There is a small slide and it is in the rocks that jut out into the pool. Two large hoppers by Trout pool bar have abundance of towels. The main pool is very pleasant during morning hours and does become somewhat crowded in the afternoon. Our plan was to stay at the main pool and after lunch move over to the Villas pool. While smaller is very nice and less crowded. A bonus is they have piped the lobby music to Rock Speakers in the surrounding landscape. We had a table in the shade and a speaker nearby and was very relaxing and enjoyable. WL sound track offers a very good selection of Western songs.
On the back of each Lifegaurd station is a white board. Each morining they list Park Hours, that day's weather and Lodge activities, like Duck races.
At the end of the main pool is the Kiddie pool. Up the steps are the teo spas.

Is either a zero entry pool by chance? Thanks for any info you can offer. can NOT wait to stay at WL!!!!!! WOO HOO!
Old 02-20-2004, 09:30 AM   #86
DisneyDmbNut

WL Vet

No...no Zero entry pool...

Enjoy the Lodge!
Old 02-20-2004, 12:54 PM   #87
giatocj
Mouseketeer

I wasn't able to get the map link to work...it said I wasn't authorized for that area. Is there another place I could go to get one? We'll be staying there the week of March 6 and I'd love to get a sneak peek at the map.

Thanks,

Donna C.
Old 02-20-2004, 02:33 PM   #88
DisneyDmbNut

WL Vet

Map is located at:

www.allearsnet.com
Old 02-20-2004, 04:07 PM   #89
deadheadbelle
Mom to Space Ranger Josh & Princess Lainie
If you find that magical bottomless Margarita glass, PLEASE send me one!!
Has tree-hanging toes

I have a question for you Vets. How many Deluxe rooms are there? What's the difference b/w the Deluxe room & the Jr. Suite? What is the likelihood of getting an AP rate on a Deluxe room or Jr. Suite? We are traveling in October.

Oh, Hi DisneyDmbNut!
Old 02-20-2004, 04:31 PM   #90
Kimberle
WL Vet

Quote:
Originally posted by deadheadbelle
I have a question for you Vets. How many Deluxe rooms are there? What's the difference b/w the Deluxe room & the Jr. Suite? What is the likelihood of getting an AP rate on a Deluxe room or Jr. Suite? We are traveling in October.

Oh, Hi DisneyDmbNut!
Deluxe & Jr suites are the same rooms. There are not many, I don't know exactly how many. These rooms are very rarely discounted, to anybody.
Sept 04 CR 14th fl Concierge Aug 06 Royal Pacific, Club Level Aug 07 AKL, Club Level Aug 08, POR Aug 09 Beach Club Dec 10, Xmas in Tahiti Aug 11, WL Aug 12, Hawaii Apr 13, BC July 14, HRH, CR-MK Club Level
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: