Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2004, 08:41 PM   #61
fairytinkerbell
The music in the Disney Planning DVD really freaks me out!

Cool I HAVE SOME! I HAVE SOME!

Wild Jacks BBQ on International Dr. I ate there and it was DEElishous!
ate a few x

The Melting Pot Intl dr., fondue rest. - has chicken, steak etc. u dip in pot of teriayki sauce, or whatever sauce u want, also has seafood u can do that with, a bunch of choices
Old 06-02-2004, 09:21 AM   #62
mamahauldren
Mouseketeer

Here is a link to a listing or Orlando area dinning...

Undercovertourist.com
<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'August 13, 2004 1:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkblue>First trip to the World </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Off inseach of the Magic ';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

It's something that will never be finished. Something that I can keep developing... and adding to.
Walt Disney
mamahauldren is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2004, 10:57 AM   #63
curlyjbs
1 Tequila...2 Tequila...3 Tequila...FLOOR!!
Rendered unconcious by the sight of the Tag Fairy!
Needed a little color!

mamahauldren

couldn't get the link to work.

curly

"Never underestimate the power of a group of stupid people!"
* HIFS 10/01 * HIFS 6/04 * RPR 6/04 * RPR 8/07 * Windsor Hills 8/07 *
"It's disney....it's crowded. Get over it & go to Universal!
NCL DAWN! THE BAHAMAS, RCCL EXPLORER! WESTERN & EASTERN CARIBBEAN!
curlyjbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 05:35 PM   #64
wendym
I work to go to Disney!

Try this link
http://www.undercovertourist.com/restaurants.htm
Wendy
wendym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 08:02 PM   #65
psupple
WDW Lover

Paesano's

Someone earlier posted that they liked an Italian restaurant in Crossroads Plaza...the name is Paesano's! I actually coudn't believe no one had mentioned this yet.

They have great italian food at reasonable prices, including good pizzas. My husband and I go there for lunch as soon as we arrive in Orlando and try to go back at least once more during our trip.

Give it a try, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Pam
psupple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 06:34 PM   #66
Mary Lou in Ohio
Earning My Ears

I was the one that originally inquired about the name of that great Italian restaurant - Paesano's - THANKS for providing it! We love that place and always try to go there at least once per trip. Their garlic rolls are wonderful!

Mary Lou In Ohio
Mary Lou in Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 12:06 PM   #67
MsMulan
Mouseketeer

Bahama Breeze

Not sure if this one was already posted. However, my family thought it was great. Portions are huge...enough for two people to share so save for the next day (provided your room has a fridge). They are located in the Lake Bryan Area.
Old 07-10-2004, 02:55 PM   #68
gaila
Earning My Ears

We always stay in the I Drive area and our favourites are;

Bahama Breeze - food is great, friendly service and a good atmosphere even if you have to wait a while.

Tu Tu tango is a really nice change from the ususal dining. Lots of interesting food and a relaxed, entertaining atmosphere.

He isn't there now but we used to like having our breakfast at the Mercado - the American Food counter in the corner. Great poached eggs on toast! Anyone know what happened to him, he wasn't there last year in November.

Best Breakfast was in The Wyndham hotel (our favourite place to stay) not as cheap as some but everything was perfect - as much orange juice as you like included.

Gail
Wyndham 1997
Wyndham 1998
Best Western 1999
Wyndham 2000
Wyndham 2001
Wyndham 2002
Quality Inn 2003
DLP Dream Castle Hotel July04
DLP Holiday Inn - Sept 2005
WDW AKL & Omni Resort Championsgate -June 06
June 07 - LBV Hol Inn Express
St. Augustine - St. George Inn
SW Residence Inn
August 08 -St. Augustine - St George Inn
WDW CBR?
Hard Rock Hotel
gaila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 12:45 AM   #69
TN Traveler
DIS Veteran

It's been a while since anyone has posted to this thread but thought I'd throw my 2 cents in. We were in Orlando 5/29-6/8. We stayed 5 nts/6 days at Disney and 3 days at the Embassy Suites on I-Drive South. Whiles visitng US & SW we ate most of the time in the Parks but decided to skip it one night and ate after we left. We stopped at the Friendly's down the street from ES and LOVED it. Had a great selection of all kinds of food, service was great, food was even better. We've never heard of this chain before so was pleasantly surprised w/our choice. We also ate at the Cattleman's Steak House. It was good but very, VERY pricy. The only complaint I had other than price was there weren't any steaks that were smaller. Like at Longhorn they have Flo's Fillet which is a 6 oz cut. At Cattleman's their smallest cut was 9 oz!! I can't eat that much!! I ended up just getting the salad bar which was very good. However, DH ordered the steak and said it was very good. Kids ordered pizzas and chicken tenders off children's menu and very pleased. Large portions.

First night we arrived we stayed off site at the Executive Inn on Irlo Bronson......wouldn't do that again! YUCK! But we ate at the Cracker Barrel and as always was very good. Hard to beat Cracker Barrel.

Agree w/one other post.......Chili's almost always good...best faijitas anywhere. DH won't eat Mexican or Italian.....only "beans and taters"!!

Karen
TN Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 11:34 AM   #70
Dieselis
Earning My Ears

A good casual dining experience I had at universal was at an Irish pub/restaurant which I dont exactly remmeber the name but it was something like finigans or something. It had really good food and great ice cold beer of all sorts, with some of their very own. Nice casual atmosphere with some irish folk music. Service was fast, and prices were on the cheap. Very enjoyable experience.
Dieselis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 05:18 PM   #71
kaykels
I'm traveling with DOPEY & GRUMPY!

My fav is Kobe Japanese Steakhouse. I've eaten in many many JSH's and KOBE is a staple for every Disney trip. There are always coupons in the books. I think there are 5 of them in the area.
5-07-05 Magic Western
11-11-06 Magic Double Castaway

11-26-07 NCL Pearl & Universal !
5-22-08 Wonder deck 1
5-24-09 4 night Wonder
11-27-10 Carnival Dream
12-18-10 RCCL Oasis
5-01-11 RCCL Allure
DH DF DD DD DS
kaykels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 02:56 PM   #72
disneyvillainlover
Mouseketeer

Magic Mining Co on 192

Everyones favourite (Family ranging from 7 - 15)

Magic Mining Co west 192

This place is our absolute favourite. there is a full bar, the Food is always delicious (never had a bad meal there yet) no one in various family groups that we have travelled with have not enjoyed it here. Steaks are always cooked to perfection.
The Avalanche is gorgeous (have this cocktail for dessert yum)

Service is always brilliant and have always remembered us on subsequent trips.

we always have our final meal of hols here (always sad to leave)
many more during our stay...

other favourites

Cattlemans on International Drive
Dennys (for the American Diner experience) we are English
I hop for brekkie
My sister loves The Crab house
The sorbet in mercado food court yum yum

Absolute worst!!!!!!!!!!!

Charlies Steak house on International Drive
The service was awful...arrogant, condecending and rude
we were a party of 12 so out tips of 15% were added automatically to the bill but the waiter added them on everyone who paid by credit card again. when we complained they just said claim it back from your issuer!!!

Have heard the one in Orlando is excellent but havent tried it.

Shelly
Hampton lakes 2008
disneyvillainlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 06:13 PM   #73
TN Traveler
DIS Veteran

Shelly,
We ate at Cattleman's when we were in Orlando in early June. Altho the food was pretty good it was alot more expensive than
we were counting on. I was wanting a good steak w/salad but the smallest one was a 9 oz (if I remember right). I was hoping for something like Outback's that has a petite sirloin or Flo's Filet but didn't have anything smaller than that. I ended up getting the salad bar. Was pretty good but not what I was in the mood for. It was also incredibly cold in the restaurant. DH & I both wear glasses and when we walked outside our glasses fogged up! {{SHIVER!!}} Altho the service and food was pretty good, I doubt I would go back. Too pricey for me!
Old 08-10-2004, 09:20 AM   #74
disneyvillainlover
Mouseketeer

Hi TN traveller,
The reason I said cattlemans was because the thread was about Best off site restaurants not cheapest or best value.
If we go out for a steak we don't want a 'diner' steak we want a nice piece of aged beef )

But if you try Magic Mining Co they are not as pricy as a cattlemans or a Charlies but the steaks are good. not thin diner fare.
And they do an 8oz Fillet mignon that is gorgeous. And they do a lovely prime rib on the kids menu.
plus its not a 'steak house' so there is chicken, ribs, crablegs barbecue chicken...etc..
There is a 'game room' in the back for kids that does not disturb your meal through noise *** it is set away from the restaurant.
And if its too cold inside you can sit out on the veranda.
And if you are still looking for entertainment there is a 'crazy Golf' or a mini golf? not sure what the American term is exactly out back.

Though we liked cattlemans this restaurant is a one off for a special meal out.

we are regulars at Magic Mining Co.. )

Shelly
Hampton lakes 2008
disneyvillainlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 10:36 AM   #75
TN Traveler
DIS Veteran

Disneyvillian..............
Thanks for info on Magic Mining co. Sure wish I had known all of this before we went! Unfortunately, our next trip to Orlando is a min of 5 yrs away.

Considering the fact that I grew up on 119 acre farm w/Angus cattle, DH & I raise and breed Angus and Hereford cattle & my brother is a member of ABS, and runs a 500 acre Registered Angus cattle farm, I know what good steak is. Praises for that! Because of that, I'm not much on places such as Ponderossa either.

I'm sure Cattleman's is an excellent place to eat but I wasn't hungry enough for their smallest steak I saw on the menu. Thanks for sharing the info. I appreciate your input.

Karen