Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2013, 06:31 PM   #616
nono
DIS Veteran

This is a great thread!

Personal favorite are Roy's...including the Aloha Hour!, D'Antonio's in Celebration, and Anidamo's at the Hilton in DtD. (We love Italian, but just have a hard time paying the prices inside Disney sometimes...)

I have read most of this thread...was curious, does anyone know of a good Korean restaurant in the area? THAT would be a major score for our next trip if one exists!
nono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:25 AM   #617
Hasil72
DIS Veteran

We're splitting our Easter stay this year between Windsor Hills (March 29-Apr 2) and Disney (Apr 2-6). Anyone have any opinions on Ale House on 192? We're definitely going to Giordano's, it's a must every trip, and I'd like to try Sweet Tomatoes but also looking for a good steak for the hubby. We'll have the kiddies with us so causal would be good and looking for somewhere new. We have Texas Roadhouse, Lonestar, Outback, Ruth Chris and Fogo at home. Any ideas would be great.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2013, 11:41 AM   #618
KayR
DIS Veteran

For steak in the Formosa Gardens area - Longhorn Steakhouse would get my vote. Very kid friendly. Its in the Rolling Oaks center off the 192 (the same place as the Super Target).

Previous Trips
September 2013: Windsor Palms Resort, 23rd July: Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean, 2nd Jan 2011: The Manor at Emerald Island, Disney Wonder Panama Canal Repositioning Cruise, Worldmark Anaheim / Sep 12th 2009 DCL Eastern with Tortola Sep 5th 2009 One week at Avalon at Windsor Palms, April 12th 2009 One week at Disneyland, California / Aug 28th 2008 5 nights at Disneyland, California / Jan 26th 2008 Windsor Palms Resort (Avalon) / Jan 19th 2008 DCL Eastern / Jan 16th 2008 Emerald Island Resort (The Manor) / Apr 4th 2007 One night at CBR then 2 weeks at Emerald Island Resort (The Manor) / Aug 16th 2006 Emerald Island Resort (The Manor)
KayR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:54 PM   #619
BadgerGirl84
I think my biggest pet peeve is when a weird toe pops out the side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasil72 View Post
We're splitting our Easter stay this year between Windsor Hills (March 29-Apr 2) and Disney (Apr 2-6). Anyone have any opinions on Ale House on 192? We're definitely going to Giordano's, it's a must every trip, and I'd like to try Sweet Tomatoes but also looking for a good steak for the hubby. We'll have the kiddies with us so causal would be good and looking for somewhere new. We have Texas Roadhouse, Lonestar, Outback, Ruth Chris and Fogo at home. Any ideas would be great.
We love the Ale House at that location. We have been there 2-3 times. They have great lunch specials and we like to share the Zingers Mountain Melt (buffalo chicken on top of cheese fries...fatty but so good!) for dinner.

BadgerGirl84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:24 PM   #620
Hasil72
DIS Veteran

Awesome! Thank you both!
Old 02-01-2013, 12:11 AM   #621
disneyfreak7
DIS Veteran

We love the ale House! Will definitely be going back there.

Me DH DS DD DS DS DD:
http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers...crrvt3digw.png
disneyfreak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:20 AM   #622
CaliforniaAdventurer
Earning My Ears

FirstWatch is a really good chain restaurant we don't have back home; offers breakfast/brunch/lunch and seems to be popular with the natives.
CaliforniaAdventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:58 AM   #623
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Are there any good Indian buffets down there? We'll be staying at Bonnet Creek, have never tried Indian food, but would like to. I'd like to have a variety to choose from though, in order to have the greatest chance of finding something we'll like. I'm not a picky eater and will try anything, but my mom will be with me and has gotten more picky as she gets older.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:47 PM   #624
saopaulo
Earning My Ears

Subscribing!
saopaulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:54 PM   #625
Nancy for Disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
Are there any good Indian buffets down there? We'll be staying at Bonnet Creek, have never tried Indian food, but would like to. I'd like to have a variety to choose from though, in order to have the greatest chance of finding something we'll like. I'm not a picky eater and will try anything, but my mom will be with me and has gotten more picky as she gets older.
I stumbled across this on TripAdvisor: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restauran...o_Florida.html

I am sure you can find more options on this website as well. Enjoy your Indian food. I am not traveling with adventurous eaters either. I feel your pain.

1973 WDW - 1983 WDW- 1989 Disneyland -2000 Disneyland - 2008 My Family's First Trip to WDW
2009 (Dec) No Kids Trip to Disney: TR LINK http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2330724

Nancy for Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:33 AM   #626
braddillman
Mouseketeer

My own opinions:

Ale House: cheap and reasonable pub food and beer. Usually go once (sometimes more if I'm traveling alone on business).

Panera Bread: one on Vineland Ave. just south of the outlet mall at the south end of i-drive, and the other in the parking lot of the Florida Mall. REAL BAGUETTES alone make it worth the trip. Love the french onion soup and salads too. None where we live.

Macaroni Grill. We don't have one at home, the whole family loves it.

Also, there's a tint sushi joint up i-drive near the Holiday Inn or Wet'n'Wild in a strip mall. Great place, wished I could remember the name. I think it's right next to either Ponderosa or Sizzler or something like that.
Nov 1999 - Wyndham on I-drive - MK... Oct 2001 - The Fountains - USF/IoA... Sep 2005 - The Fountains - USF/IoA... Apr 2008 - The Fountains - WDW... Feb 2011 - The Fountains - USF/IoA/SW/Aquatica... Dec 2013 - The Fountains - USF/IoA/EPCoT (1st drive)
me DW DD15 DD12 DS 11
braddillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:42 AM   #627
ukool
Mouseketeer

We are staying at LBV so this thread will be very helpfull.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:24 PM   #628
disneydreamer21
disneydreamer

Great thread! Subscribing! Anyone know of other places that offer coupons? I've already registered with Sweet Tomatoes.
We are staying off site this go-round, and not having the dining plan is stressing me out a little. 5 years ago when we stayed off site, we had a bad experience when it came to Orlando restaurants. First one was a terrible all you can eat buffet place, (not sure the name) and another was an IHOP which served us rotten milk. It was that, in addition to, not being able to find anywhere to eat near Lake Buena Vista. One night, we drove around for an hour, with no luck. This was probably due to hot weather and cranky kids, too.
We did, however, LOVE the dining plan when we stayed at Beach Club two years ago. It was worth every penny. We are opting for saving, and spreading out a little this time, so eating off site is necessary. This thread has already helped a ton, so thanks for all the responses!
disneydreamer21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:03 PM   #629
khomer504
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danibelle View Post
These well received restaurants (with the exception of Christini's and Seasons) are all chain restaurants. It's too bad there aren't more good locally owned places.
We love Seasons, but I'm sad to say it's a chain restaurant as well. We've only eaten at the one here in the Chicago suburbs.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:55 PM   #630
dennise
DIS Veteran

We discovered the Wood Grill Buffet on I-Drive this year. Lots of good food, reasonably priced. Not far from the South I-drive outlet mall. we ate there 3 times.