Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2005, 09:05 AM   #181
MazdaUK
Curse this time difference!
You show me yours I'll show you mine!
Now I just want to go home and spread my bits of paper about

We had great food at IHOP, Perkins, Cracker Barrel, and OK food at Ponderosa (very good value) and Jungle Jims (some people have complained about slow service but it was fine when we were there).

Our WORST meal was Pizzaeria Uno at Crossroads - very slow service (25 minutes wait) for small mediocre pizzas - think Goodfellas frozen pizzas reheated poorly
DLP Disney Hotel New York May 2003
Disneyland - 2 days visit while staying at Sheraton Anaheim on honeymoon September 1990
MazdaUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 07:37 PM   #182
Amyrlin
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know how much the Texas de Brazil is?
Amyrlin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-29-2005, 08:22 PM   #183
Figment22
Hulk, MIB & MLB Fan!
Big IoA Fan
For pure food choice, I'd pick Wolfgang Puck

According to CityGuide Orlando, $38.50 per person with kids 6 and under, free and 7-12, half price.

161st and River Ave, Bronx, NY. Home of the 27 Time World Champions! 1923, '27, '28, '32
'36, '37, '38, '39, '41, '43, '47, '49, '50, '51, '52, '53, '56, '58, '61, '62, '77, '78, '96, '98, '99, 2000, 2009
Figment22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 06:32 PM   #184
Amyrlin
DIS Veteran

If anyone is intrested, if you go to the Texas de Brazil website and jooin their emial list they send you a voucher for 25% of of the food, valid for 30 days (damn, I go in about 35 days!)
Amyrlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 05:18 PM   #185
crusin'minnie
Mouseketeer

DON PABLOS!! DON PABLOS!! DON PABLOS!!!

I've read thru the entire 13 pages of this thread and only seen Don Pablos mentioned twice, both times by Pigsty333.

It must be a best kept secret. It is located on I-Drive and is great Mexican food at fantastic prices!! We have eaten here on our last 3 trips, sometimes twice.

They have a Queso sampler for $2.99 or $3.99 (I can't remember) that has 4 different bowls of queso. We have alot of fun with that as a starter. The kids love their alphabet tater tots on the kids menu. They have all the standard Mexican fare and everything we have had so far has been delicious. 5 trips here with 5-8 people each trip and eveyone loves it- no complaints! Always excellent service. Now there is a recommendation.

TRY DON PABLOS!!!!!

1986 & 1990 Offsite w/friends
1993- POFQ
1998- Offsite (Days Inn-yuck!!!)
2000- CSR
2001- POR/DCL/WL
2003- CBR ASMU/AKL YC
2004- HIFS Pop/POLY/YC/AKL
2005- POR CR Gaylord Palms/Dolphin
crusin'minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 11:03 PM   #186
mulanrouge
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusin'minnie
DON PABLOS!! DON PABLOS!! DON PABLOS!!!

I've read thru the entire 13 pages of this thread and only seen Don Pablos mentioned twice, both times by Pigsty333.

It must be a best kept secret. It is located on I-Drive and is great Mexican food at fantastic prices!! We have eaten here on our last 3 trips, sometimes twice.

They have a Queso sampler for $2.99 or $3.99 (I can't remember) that has 4 different bowls of queso. We have alot of fun with that as a starter. The kids love their alphabet tater tots on the kids menu. They have all the standard Mexican fare and everything we have had so far has been delicious. 5 trips here with 5-8 people each trip and eveyone loves it- no complaints! Always excellent service. Now there is a recommendation.

TRY DON PABLOS!!!!!
Here, I found the website link for this place: www.donpablos.com/fooddrink/p_fooddrink.cfm

Enjoy!
mulanrouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 04:58 PM   #187
DisneyRow
Earning My Ears

Wolfgang Puck's

Don't forget about this one when in Orlando.
DisneyRow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 03:52 PM   #188
Strommie

It was so peaceful doing that and I loved it!
I like lemon and sugar on mine, and sometimes chocolate

We love Bahama Breeze. Their Key Lime Pie is amazing

We are definitely going to try Sweet Tomatoes this year as we are staying close by and have heard so many good things about it
Strommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 04:04 PM   #189
gaila
Earning My Ears

another fan of Bahama Breeze here although only been to the one in I Drive. The whole atmosphere whilst waiting for the pager to light up is so relaxing and the ceasar salad -yum!

Anyone else like the pizza at Chuckie Cheese?? having two kids we go there every visit to collect a trillion tokens which can be swapped for a couple of bits of plastic etc ! LOL

Personally I haven't had a breakfast that can match that at the Wyndham on I Drive. Not the cheapest but definitely a cut above the mass produced all you can eats everywhere else in the area.
Wyndham 1997
Wyndham 1998
Best Western 1999
Wyndham 2000
Wyndham 2001
Wyndham 2002
Quality Inn 2003
DLP Dream Castle Hotel July04
DLP Holiday Inn - Sept 2005
WDW AKL & Omni Resort Championsgate -June 06
June 07 - LBV Hol Inn Express
St. Augustine - St. George Inn
SW Residence Inn
August 08 -St. Augustine - St George Inn
WDW CBR?
Hard Rock Hotel
gaila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 04:21 PM   #190
ClanHarrison
Mouseketeer

Yes! I like their pizza and their birthday cake too although Jeeper's pizza is like baked, buttered, cheese bread . Delicious!

All Star Vacation Homes
http://www.allstarvacationhomes.com/...rty.asp?ID=378 (Absolutely Gorgeous home!!!!) from 8/20-26/05.

We NEVER wanted to leave!

June 29-July 6, 2010...Next stop...USO/IOA. Staying on-sight again; 1 nt. @ RPR for FOTL...AWESOME! Also chillaxin' at STAR LAKE MANOR http://www.star-lake-manor.co.uk/gallery.php
. PARADISE!

We just couldn't stay away! Spring Break 4/16-4/23/11-WYNDHAM BONNET CREEK-4b/r Presidential Suite was sweeeeet !
ClanHarrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 07:38 PM   #191
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestein
I can't believe so many people seem to love these mediocre chain restaurants. Some of the upscale ones like Houstons or Bahama Breeze are good, but most just stink. Virtually all TGIs, Applebees, etc.. don't even use fresh chicken, they use that frozen junk with the solution injected. Nothing is more gross than chicken meat that has no grain to it.

But... A great place my wife and I also eat at while in Orlando is FISHBONES. It is at the intersection of Sand Lake and International Drive.

We get their lobster tail, it is 2 - 3 pounds (They charge you by the pound), but more than enough for 2 people to share. It is kinda pricey, usually about $80 - 90 or so for the tail. We just order an extra salad and an appetizer and we are good to go. Usually runs about $130 - 140 w/tip.

I pretty much agree with you about blah chains. My personal peeve is marginal veggies, and too many fries. Additionally, we have like nearly every chain in my area, so I see little point in going to even the best ones when I'm in Orlando.
Having said that, after reading your comments, I AM now more interested in checking out the new FISHBONES in our area when it opens. I don't know about having the lobster tail though...
mickeyluv'r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 04:06 PM   #192
shewelch
Proud Soccer Mom and Coach of 2 great gals

New Irish Pub!

Can't review it- it opens in September, but I am very excited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitros
In case this has not yet been posted, they will be opening this September, {just in time for our trip} They have a website at: www.raglanroadirishpub.com {I also posted this on the restaurant board}
Old 08-16-2005, 03:43 PM   #193
jezebella
MK fireworks in my backyard every night!

I am an Orlando native. And Texas de Brazil is fabulous. We try all the restaurants around the "touristy" area and most are horrible. I tend to just stick to disney ones consdering I live here, am friends with a lot of head chefs and know which ones to avoid. Texas de Brazil is my favorite off property place. It's about $40 a person if you want the meat---and you do! Otherwise it's $30 just for the all you can eat salad bar which is unlike any salad bar you've ever had. It's all upscale ingredients and you could feast off of just it if the meat wasn't so good. Once you are ready, you flip a card over at your table and instantly are barraged by men bearing skewers of chicken, pork, ribs, lamb, beef (about 3 kinds), sausage and they just keep bringing you more until you flip that card back over---I highly recommend it.
jezebella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 07:22 PM   #194
IluvKingLouis
DIS Veteran

Looking for best pizza

Several months ago someone posted a "best pizza" on this board, and I recognized the restaurant as being one my husband and I went to in the Chicago area in 1998. It was awesome, and I can't remember the name, nor can I find the post on this site

I believe it was located on Irlo Bronson, but I could be wrong. I remember the floor tile as being a black and white checkered pattern, and they had a great thin crust pizza.

I know I'm being so very vague, but any input would be so very helpful as we hope to be back for a vacation in October.

Thanks,
Elaine
Castle Rock, Co
Old 08-27-2005, 09:10 PM   #195
ClanHarrison
Mouseketeer

Is it Giordano's? http://www.giordanos.com/

We ordered their stuffed pizza Thurs. night and it was excellent. I was surprised how crowded the place was for a Thursday night.

My daughter is always hollering for "extra cheese". I think she finally met her match . It was LOADED with about 3 inches of cheese.

All Star Vacation Homes
http://www.allstarvacationhomes.com/...rty.asp?ID=378 (Absolutely Gorgeous home!!!!) from 8/20-26/05.

We NEVER wanted to leave!

June 29-July 6, 2010...Next stop...USO/IOA. Staying on-sight again; 1 nt. @ RPR for FOTL...AWESOME! Also chillaxin' at STAR LAKE MANOR http://www.star-lake-manor.co.uk/gallery.php
. PARADISE!

We just couldn't stay away! Spring Break 4/16-4/23/11-WYNDHAM BONNET CREEK-4b/r Presidential Suite was sweeeeet !
ClanHarrison is offline   Reply With Quote