Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2004, 10:42 AM   #1
hoppr
Earning My Ears

Deck 2 on Eastern cruise

For the category cabin i want to pay for, deck 2 is the only one available for my sail date. my last cruise we stayed on deck 5 and loved it. i have been on deck 2 and seemed more cramped and loud.

for those you who have stayed on deck 2, was it okay? how was the noise of the families and the engines? did you feel cramped or claustrophic? for me to upgrade to a category 8 stateroom on deck 5 it is $600 more. not worth it in my opinion. Thanks in advance for your replies.
hoppr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 10:55 AM   #2
Mickeyhugger
DIS Veteran

We stayed on Deck 2 last year and had no bad experiences at all. (Midship). In fact, we enjoyed it so much that we requested the same room this year:D

Mickeyhugger is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2004, 11:04 AM   #3
jrabbit
DIS Veteran

We were on the Eastern on deck 2 in a cat 10. It was fine. It may seem more "cramped" because there are only staterooms on this deck (nothing to breakup the long hallway) unlike on deck 5. What I like about deck 2 is that you can walk the lenght of of ship down there. We walked to where we wanted to be (forward, mid, aft) and then climbed the stairs and "popped" up to where we were going. Next cruise Cat 9, deck 2.
jrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 11:08 AM   #4
kcashner
DIS Veteran

The staterooms on deck 2 are the same size as the same category on deck 5. We've stayed on both decks, and there were things I liked about each. I did not find deck 2 to be noisy (although others have had concerns about being under the clubs at night). Frankly, we had much more trouble with some noisy fellow passengers on deck 5--obviously, that varies from one cruise to the next.

Deck 2 has the library, which we might have never discovered had we not been there. It is very convenient to the restaurants, guest services, etc.

Deck 5 is convenient to the club/lab....I really liked both.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 12:17 PM   #5
figment52
Oh man, I checked out the website only to discover that I am Older than Peeps!

I was in 2004 and loved it. I would stay there again. Convenient, not noisy (some white noise is all) and that cabin was slightly bigger than the others due to the shape of the bow.
figment52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 01:23 PM   #6
aaronamy
DVC members since 2002

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

We were in #2020 and loved it We never had any trouble with noise. We booked the Western and chose deck 2 again. I would have booked the same room but our friends that are going are at the other end of the ship (deck 5) and we wanted our daughters to not have to run from one end of the ship to the other to meet up Our friend has had both deck 5 and deck 2 and she said deck 2 was great she only changed to deck 5 to be with other family members. Have fun no matter where you are you'll have a blast!
aaronamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 02:13 PM   #7
alexandrew
Keep posting, you'll catch up!
Half the fun of cruising is searching through the boards
Possible ingratiator ;)

Deck 2 !!!!

Deck 2, cat 9 aft staterooms IMO are the best value on the ship...

Favorite staterooms in order

you cant go wrong with any of these....
alexandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 02:45 PM   #8
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

We have stayed on decks 8, 7, 6, 2 & 1 on our various DCL trips....we have actually stayed on Deck 2 a few times and have always loved the location better than other decks.

I did not quite understand the families reference.....there are families on every deck that can be either quiet or noisy.

The hallways are all exactly the same on every deck so you would not feel any more cramped than any other deck. Personally, I have never felt cramped anywhere on the ship!!!!

This was the view from our Deck 2 cabin....

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...61041715kyudwV

Many people assume Decks 1 and 2 are somehow "under" the water line...that is just not so!!!

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 04:10 PM   #9
cadburysmom
I'm lucky to cruise with the best boy in the world!
Don't get me started on if there's something between my toes!
Cadbury chocolate... yummmm

We love Deck 2 and have had the same cabin for our last 4 cruises! One of the best reasons not mentioned yet is that you are only one deck away from the gangway so getting on and off the ship on the islands is a breeze!

Also, you are only one or two decks below the restaurants so if you're in a hurry getting ready for dinner, you don't have to wait for elevators.

My only warning would be to check the location of your cabin and not book under any of the clubs where it will obviously be noisy.

With that said, save your money and stay on Deck 2.....you're sure to have a "Magical" cruise!!!

Jul'76 Disneyland
Feb'77 Polynesian
Dec'98 Caribbean Beach
May'04 Coronado Springs
Oct'04 Grand Floridian
Jan'05 Wilderness Lodge
Aug'06 Port Orleans French Quarter
Feb'01 Disney Cruise on the Wonder
Jan'02-'07 Disney Cruises on the Magic!

cadburysmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: