Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2004, 04:03 PM   #46
justus3d
Earning My Ears

signs and badges

Ok guys let me know what and where the meet time/place will be I am still wondering if anyone is staying a day or so after the cruise in Orlando. I also would like a sign. My DD would love it Please PM me with the info and the cost.
Thanks in advance,
Only a couple more weeks till Disney!!
Deborah
justus3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 05:32 PM   #47
D'AngelosdoDisney
Will hopefully accept the Tag Fairy's apology for making her feel left out

We love cheap wine!!! LOL,,, I cant afford anything else after this cruise, DH is cutting up all my CC... Anyway, love the idea but would really like to attend the sailaway party being that we have never delt with this crowd.. We are experts with crowds since we have done WDW in July!! What time is the party and could we do it after? We have second seating or so I think we still do???? I got to get to Walmart and get that paper.............. Now!!!!! Got to go check my PM to find out how our daughters are going to meet! Bye for now, Eileen
ASMU 2001
ASMovies 1999
Off sight... too many trips to remember dating back to when i was a preteen
D'AngelosdoDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-02-2004, 10:19 PM   #48
mjvans
Never Forget!

here is a thought.............

As some of us have early seating and some of us have late seating, why don't we try to meet between those 2 dining times for a drink on the aft deck that was mentioned. How does that sound?
Michelle

June 1998 Old Key West
October 1999 Boardwalk Villas
June 2001 Boardwalk Villas
August 2003(for 50th BD) Boardwalk Villas
August 2004 4 day Disney Cruise and 3 days at Boardwalk Villas (With 2 extra days thanks to Hurricane Francis)
June 2006 Disneyland, Grand California Hotel
There for Pirates Premiere and Red Carpet Show.

June 2007 Disneyland, Grand California Hotel
August 2009 Board Walk Villas
April 2010 Beach Club
August 2010 Beach Club/Boardwalk
April 3 2011 Disney Dream
mjvans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 01:09 AM   #49
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Call me crazy but I prefer the single bath
Nothing beats the Magic of a Disney Resort!
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

Question Meet Time

Had a difficult day trying to stay focused on work when this trip is getting so close and there's so much going on!

I'm going to throw this out there and see what the group thinks:
What is everyone doing in the afternoon around 3pm? The reason I'm thinking about this is because it would be nice for the kids to meet early in the day so they at least see a familiar face in the clubs. It would also be pretty low key as far as what's happening onboard, unless people are booked in the spa or something. We could be very casual and the kids could come and go off Deck 7 aft (and hopefully we won't bother too much anyone looking for some R&R up there). We'd have a whole hour to relax and chat - so what if we're a little tipsy at the Lifeboat Drill at 4pm? We're on vacation dammit!

I don't know about anyone else but I was trying to keep everybody straight. I for one know I will be slightly confused as to who's who when we meet so I went back and tried to figure it out. Here's what I came up with (in the spirit of the folks sailing on the Magic the day before us - have you seen their thread??):

MJvans (Jay and Michelle)
DW, DH, DS 14, DD8, DS6, DS4

D'AngelosdoDisney (Eileen)
DW, DH, DD12, DS5, DD4

Janemoj (Jane)
DW, ?DH, DS15, DD13, DD10 (birthday on 8/29)

DVC from NJ
DW, DH

Pea-n-Me (Linda)
DW, DH, DD6, DS6

Pluto Favorite
DSelf, DD11, DN15, DN11, DM

Justus3d (Deborah)
DSelf, DS16, DD7

Is there anybody else out there who is cruising with us??? Would love for you to say hello also.

I'll have you know I'll be buying that Box 'O Wine very shortly so I can enjoy seeing it in the pile of things I've been collecting so far: binoculars, bubbles, sand toys, jelly beans, and soon our wine!!

Anyone else wanting a magnetic door sign please email me and let me know what you want it to say (design will probably be similar to the one we did for ourselves, we're not too savvy computer-wise. But ours is lovely and I have it hanging on our fridge where it will also be post cruise). See my post above for the basics.

Post your best iPhone/smartphone pictures here!

All Star Music 2001/Polynesian Lagoon View Concierge 2002/Contemporary 2003/Disney Wonder 2003/Yacht Club and Disney Wonder 2004/Pop Century 2005/Dolphin and Pop Century MNSSHP 2005/Disney Magic and Pop Century 2006/Coronado Springs MNSSHP 2006/Dolphin and Disney Wonder 2007/Port Orleans Riverside 2008/Caribbean Beach 2009/Dolphin and Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge 2011/Grand Floridian and Dolphin, MNSSHP 2013
Pea-n-Me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 02:19 AM   #50
mjvans
Never Forget!

Linda.......great idea!!!

I don't know why I did not think of meeting before the sail away party!! This idea sounds awesome.......since we have already made our Palo's reservation and our massage (booked romantic escape at sea package) we have nothing but free time until the drill and party!! I think that 3pm is the perfect time to meet!! I for one am psyched!! Can't wait to meet everyone!! I'm getting so excited!!
ps.......when do we sign up the kids for the kids club by the way??
I can bring a box of wine too.........the more the merrier!
Merlot or Chardonnay??
Talk to you soon!
Michelle
ps......our kids are Russell, Paige, Tyler and Matthew!

June 1998 Old Key West
August 2004 4 day Disney Cruise and 3 days at Boardwalk Villas (With 2 extra days thanks to Hurricane Francis)

April 2010 Beach Club
Old 08-03-2004, 02:44 AM   #51
Janemoj
Earning My Ears

Perfect

Sounds very good to me. Please think of me today. It's my last day at work until September 6th. So in about 10 hours time I am going into official Disney mode! Will get the suitcases out of the loft tonight and dig out those Disney ponchoes!!!

Jane

and Phil, Chris, Kathryn and Beth
Disneyland Paris - too many times to mention
Janemoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 03:56 AM   #52
mjvans
Never Forget!

Have a great day...........

YIPPEE!! Just think, in a short few hourse, You will finally and officially be in vacation mode!! I hope the day goes by fast............along with the wine for the adults, how about if I bring some treats for the kids, like twinkies or hostess cupcakes so we can celebrate Beth's birthday all together!!
Just a thought!
Michelle

June 1998 Old Key West

April 2010 Beach Club
Old 08-03-2004, 09:57 AM   #53
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

Yeah!!

As I sit here in my DCL nightgown drinking coffee from my MGM Studios mug, I'd have to agree it's exciting to be nearing vacation mode!! Congratulations, Jane!

Michelle, how about you bring the merlot and I'll get the chardonnay? Hopefully someone brings a watch so we don't miss the Lifeboat Drill!

The Kids Clubs are open to everyone that first afternoon and that's when you sign them up and get them used to going in there. You need come to up with a password to sign them out and they give you the beeper. Also, kids 8 and up can sign themselves in and out of the clubs with the parents' permission so you need to decide if you want your child to have that privelege. Our kids are too young but I remember thinking that the ship seemed pretty safe. (With that said our friends last year did not give their 8 y.o. that privelege, I guess it depends on the child).

Thinking about the Gift Shop (of course planning this year's souveniers...) - if you see something you want pick it up early. You can always exchange it later but it might be gone if you wait. I'm sure the At Sea Day is going to be nuts in the shops.

Linda, Paul, Andrea and Christopher :thewave:

P.S. Thanks for helping me get excited about this trip, especially the cruise. Yesterday was the first day that I actually *really* watched what I ate thinking about all the food we'll be eating at the end of the month! I was also very excited this w/e that the discount codes for September came out (and I discovered how to use the points on my Disney Visa) so I was able to upgrade our post cruise reservation from Pop Century to Wilderness Lodge without "spending" much more. DH is happy because he always wanted to stay there.

All Star Music 2001/Polynesian Lagoon View Concierge 2002/Contemporary 2003/Disney Wonder 2003/Yacht Club and Disney Wonder 2004/Pop Century 2005/Dolphin and Pop Century MNSSHP 2005/Disney Magic and Pop Century 2006/Coronado Springs MNSSHP 2006/Dolphin and Disney Wonder 2007/Port Orleans Riverside 2008/Caribbean Beach 2009/Dolphin and Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge 2011/Grand Floridian and Dolphin, MNSSHP 2013
Old 08-03-2004, 10:32 AM   #54
justus3d
Earning My Ears

Thumbs up Great idea!!!

Yeah!!!! I will bring the watch!!! I am so glad we got that nailed down 3 p.m. it is. Guys its almost time to go just a couple more weeks . I will figure out something to bring for the kids to enjoy. We are going to have such a great time and it all seems so much easier since we will "know" someone before we get there. I have to admit I was a little afraid I would be bored to death going as a single parent because my kids are so outgoing I know I wont see them much. Which is a good thing to because I can get some alone time. Either way I am sooooo looking forward to meeting up with you guys.

Deborah
Old 08-03-2004, 10:36 AM   #55
mjvans
Never Forget!

OK..MERLOT IT IS!!

Sounds like a plan.....will bring the merlot and a watch!
WOW!!! 8 years old seems so young to come and go!! No way would I give Paige that much freedom, although she is super responsible.........I'm over protective and paranoid though!! LOL
I keep having these thoughts of somehow the kids falling off the boat.........guess I need to get a life!!
Have to go the gym in a few minutes and lift weights and take my spinning class ......have really let that slide the last couple of months and have gained 10 pounds over the spring and summer.......if I want to fit into my little black dress, I better get my butt in gear!! Wish I was as excited about working out as I am about my cruise, but will probably take some aerobic classes and work out while I'm on the ship. Anyone else care to join me?
HAve a good day!
Michelle

June 1998 Old Key West

April 2010 Beach Club
Old 08-03-2004, 03:06 PM   #56
Janemoj
Earning My Ears

No diets, please

Please don't go keeping fit before the cruise. I will feel the pressure even more. Just tried the old shorts on and it's not looking good.

So we have decided on 3pm. Where is the meeting point, please? I think deck 7 aft was mentioned at some point. Please tell me exactly where and is there anything I could bring? Did we come to a decision on badges? I think Mickey heads were mentioned.

Thank you for all your good wishes and your suggestion to make a little celebration for Beth was especially welcomed as I think she is a little worried that her birthday might be a little overlooked with all the excitement of the cruise (hope I haven't giving her that impression!)

Happy planning. Yippee I've finished work

Jane

Bye the way, Deborah. After 8 days at Port Orleans Riverside with my very quiet hubby, am sure I would love to chat to you if you fancy a little company!!!!
Disneyland Paris - too many times to mention
Janemoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 06:30 PM   #57
D'AngelosdoDisney
Will hopefully accept the Tag Fairy's apology for making her feel left out

Im there!!!! 3pm deck 7 aft... guess I will need to find this place, Im sure I will be able to work it out... Congrats Jane on your last day, I have to work all the way through till the friday and Im not sure that Im going to make it... Also, I guess that Eileen and Kathryn can meet there. Sounds like a fine idea and I usually have a watch and hate to be late for anything so I will try to be mindful of the time. Ok, so have we decided that we are going to be wearing somekind of mickey head?? Did I miss this.. Got to go back and check this post..................... So excited all, guess I have to get my needs list ready and stop acting like I have all the time in the world to pack... bye for now! Eileen
ASMU 2001
ASMovies 1999
Off sight... too many trips to remember dating back to when i was a preteen
D'AngelosdoDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 02:59 PM   #58
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

Lightbulb Mickey Heads and Deck 7 Aft Pictures

As far as what to do with the Mickey heads, I saw an idea which I'm sure Verandah Man won't mind if we borrow: go to his website and look his photos, Day 1 on the Magic when he first enters his stateroom and sits on his verandah. You'll see he has his Alien Green Mickey head (from Home Depot, the Disney sample paint "chips") glued onto a "button", most likely sold at crafts stores (you have to understand, I am the *least* crafty person on the planet, LOL). Apparently, that identifies you to others as a Dis-er and you can put your username on it. Of course, this is optional but people have been asking for ideas... My DD wants a pink Mickey head but I don't think the color matters too much...

Thanks Andy for the idea!

Also, there are pictures of the Deck 7 Aft deck on a website called Castaway Club (the woman who's been on almost 40 Disney cruises) under Secrets of the DCL. For some reason they block the name of the website when I write it and I couldn't find any other pics anywhere so if it doesn't come out and you still want to see them email me. It's a little tight (or *cozy*, if you will), but it's better than shlepping our wine boxes out in the open on the higher decks (a faux pas on the ship which we learned the hard way last year when DH carried a whole bag of water, soda, etc... and was greeted with some raised eyebrows).

Old 08-04-2004, 03:08 PM   #59
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

Oops!

Silly me, I just realized you can see the Mickey Heads in many of the opening pictures of Andy's website, sorry.

Old 08-04-2004, 04:34 PM   #60
justus3d
Earning My Ears

Thumbs up

Ok Jane,
We can get together whenever...I will be in town on the 24th to do a couple of days at Universal then to Port Orleans on the 26th. PM or EM me when you would like to hang out and what you would like to do.
Linda,
I think I got you beat on the least crafty person lol...beleive me I am truly challanged. I will try to start early on the mickey badges for me and the kids lol I need all the time I can get.
See you guys soon!
Deborah

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: