Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK DVC Discussion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2003, 05:46 AM   #1
spm23
Mouseketeer

Christmas Day

We are going for Christmas next year, what are the best things to do Christmas day apart from watching teh lids open their presents.

I was thinking of shows, dining etc And when should I be reserving them?

Any help gratefully received as it will be our first trip home and we didn't really want to cook Christmas day but we also didn't want chicken strips either.

Thanks

3 Weeks, Quality Inn, International Drive 2000
3 Weeks, All Star Movies 2003
2 Weeks, SSR 2004

3 Weeks, Cruise, Hard Rock and SSR Aug 2006
3 Weeks, AKL, BWV and SSR Aug 2008
3 Weeks, BLT, Villa, AKL Aug 2010
3 Weeks, BWV, Villa, SSR Aug 2013
spm23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 02:20 AM   #2
Hilary
There's always something new to learn!

Re: Christmas Day

Quote:
Originally posted by spm23
and we didn't really want to cook Christmas day but we also didn't want chicken strips either.
LOL!

I can understand that!

I think you should definitely book somewhere, but exactly where will depend on your preferences. Will you be spending the day in a park? If not, then obviously don't choose a park restaurant unless you've got unlimited park passes.

Decide what kind of meal you'd like, then where, then book it as soon as booking opens (I think this is 30 days out, but I'll have to check)!
Old 11-28-2003, 05:12 AM   #3
WebmasterPenny
Trying to be cheeky...
Don't trifle with the Tag Fairy

We are there for Christmas Day this year - we will not be going to a park, but intend to just hang around the BW area resorts...here is what we are doing.

Brunch at Spoodles Xmas morning.

Around lunchtime we will go for our traditional lunchtime drink (just like at home ) starting at the BW, and continue to just drink and mooch around with our friends for the afternoon whilst also visiting the Swan/Dolphin & Y&BC for another drink, LOL but just generally chilling out.

We are eating at the Cape May Cafe at around 6pm (Traditional Turkey added to the menu along with the regular Clam bake), then after letting dinner settle (no doubt whilst having an after dinner drink, hehehe) Christmas night we are having an Illuminations Cruise to round off the day

Unless you are happy with Counter Service, PS is a must for just about all the restaurants - Ps's can be made 90 days out and a Credit Card is required for bookings on Christmas Day (and Christmas Eve for that matter) which will be charged if you don't turn up.

Also worth mentioning... if you decide to make a PS for a restaurant inside a park you are not guaranteed entry into that park if it is full. Liberty Tree Tavern is a very popular place for Christmas Dinner, however MK often shuts it's doors because it's at capacity Christmas morning - even to resort guests. If you leave it too late to get in the park for your PS, well basically it's tough luck!

Other alternatives to parks might be Downtown Disney, a water park if the weather is decent or playing mini-golf might be fun

Hope that helps

Assistant Webmaster
WebmasterPenny is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: