Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2003, 09:48 AM   #1
DisneyKidds
The TF thanks DisneyKidds for mouse-ing out his friend!
But in reality...
Member of car "X" - And proud of it!!

Anyone up for a meet the first week of December?

Well, Viking and I will both be at the VWL the first week of December. Anyone else going to be at WDW during that time? Let me know and maybe a few of us can get together. I know I'll be looking for a good spot to catch my Jets on MNF..........and I'd welcome anyone who wants to cheer the Jets on with me as they get back to .500 against the Titans (you see, the Jets are going to run the table, finish 10-6, and make the playoffs ).

If not MNF perhaps something else. If anyone will be there and is intersted let me know and we'll see what we can work out.
DisneyKidds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 12:00 PM   #2
KNWVIKING
Registered

DK..

..are you planning on camping out in front of the ESPN Club to be sure you get a decent place to sit and watch the game. Couple years ago I tried to watch the Vikes and Packers on MNF but I only arrived two hours early and the place was already at capacity.

I'm sure well find some place to hook up. And you're right, at Christmas time, there is no better place to be then WL-VWL.
KNWVIKING is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2003, 12:10 PM   #3
DisneyKidds
But in reality...

Quote:
..are you planning on camping out in front of the ESPN Club to be sure you get a decent place to sit and watch the game. Couple years ago I tried to watch the Vikes and Packers on MNF but I only arrived two hours early and the place was already at capacity.
Yes, I've heard that ESPN can be a mad house for MNF...................and no, I have no desire to invest significant time before the game securing a seat. Last year the Territory Lounge right at the WL worked just fine for me. I heard that they do a big screen thing at POR? When/if the search function works I can locate one of my threads from last year where people provided suggestions. I'm into easy.
Old 11-13-2003, 02:21 PM   #4
Bob O
Voice of Reason
Go Hawks Go!
I'm not a republican, I'm a conservative!!!

Not this year. But i plan on being their next year during the first week of Dec.
Bob O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 02:39 PM   #5
raidermatt
Beware of the dark side. Anger...fear...aggression. The dark side of the Force are they.

Would love to see you and your family again, DK, as well as meet Mr. Viking, but unfortunately am unable to make it this time.

Hope your Jets pull it off, but since the Raiders are going run the table and go 9-7, the Jets will have to take one loss...
Old 11-13-2003, 04:09 PM   #6
DisneyKidds
But in reality...

Quote:
Not this year. But i plan on being their next year during the first week of Dec.
I'll pencil that in as we'll be there also. Of course Thanksgiving is earlier next year so we'll only be there thru the 4th. Hopefully there will be another Monday night Jets game to be watched on Nov 29.
Quote:
Would love to see you and your family again, DK, as well as meet Mr. Viking, but unfortunately am unable to make it this time.
Another time then. Next up for us after this trip is the end of May.
Quote:
Hope your Jets pull it off, but since the Raiders are going run the table and go 9-7, the Jets will have to take one loss...
Ahhh.....classic denial. Didn't we just beat you? We can both win out without dealing one another a loss. Unfortunately for you 9-7 isn't going to make the playoffs this year.
Old 11-13-2003, 04:21 PM   #7
KNWVIKING
Registered

Matt, seeings how your fantasy involves your Raiders beating my Vikings....

..... care to wager a Car seat on the game ???
Old 11-13-2003, 04:42 PM   #8
DisneyKidds
But in reality...

Sorry KNW......................your Vikes are way too streaky and they are going in the wrong direction. I do agree that the Raiders are just what you need right now..............but it isn't going to be an easy win. Me thinks you are destined for 9-7 (or worse) following an end of year collapse (which you are already in the midst of). You do realize you've only beaten one team with a winning record (Denver at 5-4) don't you?

Shhh...............it doesn't matter that the Jets have yet to beat a team with a winning record, we are talking about the Vikings .
Old 11-13-2003, 04:57 PM   #9
HB2K
I Spit Hot Fire!

Quote:
Quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'll pencil that in as we'll be there also. Of course Thanksgiving is earlier next year so we'll only be there thru the 4th. Hopefully there will be another Monday night Jets game to be watched on Nov 29.
Well it sounds like a party since that will probably be the week the HBK family heads south.

And with all of this talk about football...it doesn't really matter since my Patriots are going to tuck the raiders to sleep and crush the JETS!
HB2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 05:09 PM   #10
DisneyKidds
But in reality...

Quote:
it doesn't really matter since my Patriots are going to tuck the raiders to sleep and crush the JETS!
Come on....you have to admit that the Pats have been playing beyond their abilities all year. It's gonna end sometime. Since the Jets have been playing below their abilities it will end at the Jets, if not before.
Old 11-13-2003, 05:27 PM   #11
raidermatt
Beware of the dark side. Anger...fear...aggression. The dark side of the Force are they.

I think I'll quit while I'm behind...
Old 11-13-2003, 05:35 PM   #12
raidermatt

...but how about this, just for old times sake?

The Autumn Wind is a pirate
blustering in from sea
With a rollicking song he sweeps along
swaggering boisterously

His face is weather beaten
He wears a hooded sash
With his silver hat about his head
And a bristly black moustache.

He growls as he storms the country
A villain big and bold
And the trees all shake and quiver and quake
As he robs them of their gold.

The Autumn wind is a Raider
Pillaging just for fun
He'll knock you 'round and upside down
And laugh when he's conquered and won
Old 11-13-2003, 05:40 PM   #13
KNWVIKING
Registered

Whoa Dk....

Let's take a look at who they beat. Four of their 6 wins were against last years play off teams, two of their loses were against play off teams. The only anomally was the Chargers game- couldn't they find someway of getting Flutie deported back to Canada ? The Vikes have a couple get well games coming against the Oakland Geriatrics and Detroit with Chicago and Arizona waiting in the wings. I see a very easy 10-6, possibly 12-4 because I'm not convinced St Louis or Seattle are for real.
Old 11-14-2003, 12:37 AM   #14
DisneyKidds
But in reality...

Quote:
Four of their 6 wins were against last years play off teams
Ahhh............a year in today's NFL is an eternity. I can't give too much credit to this stat.
Quote:
The Vikes have a couple get well games coming against the Oakland Geriatrics and Detroit with Chicago and Arizona waiting in the wings.
Sorry, but your guys are going to lose (at least) two of these games. First round of drinks is on me if they haven't already lost one of them by the time we get together.
Old 11-14-2003, 02:16 PM   #15
Bob O
Voice of Reason
Go Hawks Go!
I'm not a republican, I'm a conservative!!!

Now for those of you who are going to wdw you better come back with some good news and rumors and hopefully a meet can be planned for next year!!!
Bob O is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: