Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2003, 11:21 PM   #1
afsi3838
Samantha Brown Rocks!
It's mom's like you that make kids like me smile
Why do you torture me so?

Unhappy how do i know if meal vouchers are right for me?

My boyfriend and i will be going to WDW on dec. 31st for 8 nights. We are gonna spend 4 or 5 days in the parks and try to resort hop.
are vouchers a good idea if your only a couple?
thanks for your help
offsite-Vistana resort-Nov. 2003
Carribean beach resort - jan 2003
Offsite- Marriott Conv. Dec 1989,1992
Fort Wilderness- Dec 1986
afsi3838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 03:50 AM   #2
jann1033
Right now I'm an inch of natural and a foot of unnatural
The time has come to break out of my mold

go to www.wdwig.com or look under dining on the home page here for the rest. menus and make up "menus" of what you most likely would order . total the cost and see if you would spend the voucher price or not .don't forget tax and tip where you would normallyleave one.. We got (husband and I) 3 vkl meals ,sharing due to the amount of food, 6 Q/c and 2 BV for Boma and using them will save us at least about 150. I got them at hotwire during the free month trial. was happy with hotwire but we do not go out to dinner ect. enough normally for the 7.95 a month charge, hoped they would offer me a deal when I quit but they didn't
the rest. we are going to with them are BRown Derby, chefs and RFC for the vkl, tangerine,( 2 here since it's our main meal that day) peppermarket, beaches, (2)cosmic rays or maybe tusker unless we get the aklv for that instead.

The Poetry of Light website

Last edited by jann1033; 11-13-2003 at 03:57 AM.
jann1033 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2003, 06:37 AM   #3
crisi
DIS Veteran

I also think you should be pretty aware of what kind of person you are. Since you pay up front, if you end up skipping meals (or eating Dole Whips instead of lunch) you could come back with extra vouchers (which may not be a problem as someone here will buy them from you). And the best "deals" fall to the people who make an effort to seek out the deals - not the ones that grab a hot dog at the first place they see when they are hungry. And how much you eat - a lot of people get their savings from splitting meals. And a lot of people don't find the savings worthwhile because they don't WANT the fries or dessert.

But I think a lot of people do save money as just a couple with vouchers.
crisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 04:37 PM   #4
Disneymommie
Shares the magic with others
Oh to have that kind of imagination!

is there a web site to buy and learn more about these vouchers?
Disneymommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 08:21 PM   #5
Connears
Connears

These are the ones we know about(prices are Connections ):

Breakfast: good for any sitdown breakfast including the character meals(not Swan/Dolphin) and these are 17.75

quick&casual: these are good for almost all the counter service restaurants at the parks(except some carts) and many of the food courts in resorts. Good for one entree, side, drink, dessert for 11.50

Kingdom luncheon: good for sit-down restaurants in parks/resorts but only for lunch. They are 27.75 (higher now I think).

We have used the breakfast and q&c and love them. Nice to have some meals pre-paid. CM know about them and you don't have any problems using them. They also include tax and gratuity so they are good deal in that respect.

We were connections members (yearly membership was $79.00)and always had great service from them; although others have had issues. If you join for a trial $1/one month, make sure you cancel on time or they will charge you for the year. You can buy up to 40 of each kind of voucher per year. they increased the yearly fee significantly($139/yr) so I did not rejoin. They also had great discounts on park passes at IOA, US and WDW along with Blockbuster, TOYRUS and other restaurants so we have gotten our $79! Hope this helps. We have seen people selling these vouchers for WAY over value at e-bay..I don't recommend that. Floridaorlandotickets.com and Hotwire savings now sells these at a higher price than connections but they are the same vouchers. There is no fee with Floridaornadotickets.com and Hotwire has a $1 trial monthly membership. WE DO LOVE HAVING THESE AND HAVE 6 BREAKFAST AND 12 Q& C TO USE FOR OUR 12/28-1/02 TRIP.

Connears

Connears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 09:23 PM   #6
afsi3838
Samantha Brown Rocks!
It's mom's like you that make kids like me smile
Why do you torture me so?

Thank you all for your help, i will take look into it further.
offsite-Vistana resort-Nov. 2003
Carribean beach resort - jan 2003
Offsite- Marriott Conv. Dec 1989,1992
Fort Wilderness- Dec 1986
afsi3838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 10:37 PM   #7
jann1033

just a note: Hot wire is free for the first month 7.95 per month for the first year if you do not cancel...( cancel anytime). you get $10 rebate with your first purchase. the vouchers through hotwire are BV 17.75, Q/C 11.25 VKL 30.50,( think that is the same as connections) free shipping. all my orders came with in aweek,no problems what so ever with them, very nice Customer service would highly reccommend as none of the problems some said they had with connections. I canceled after the first month cause I won't use it enough to warrent keeping although now I am kind of sorry I did but may see if I can join again if the first month is not free.

Old 11-13-2003, 10:39 PM   #8
jann1033

forgot this www.hotwiresavingsclub.com if interested ( kind of hard to find on the regular hotwire website)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: