Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2003, 09:06 AM   #1
scoggs
Earning My Ears

What kind of pens for autograph books??

What kind of pen works best, in your opinion, for the autograph books? I plan on buying them when we get there, so we will be using the Disney kind... Do we want a Sharpie marker (or will those bleed through the pages?), or just a fat ballpoint type pen? Thanks so much for any input!!

Dana
scoggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 09:10 AM   #2
Tamie
Mouseketeer

I have heard that sharpies work but I am not sure about the bleeding.

When we went I preordered the autograph book and autograph pen from Disney, they shipped them here. I got Buzz for son and a different one for daughter.

Whatever pen you use, try and fine a real bulk one, it is easier for the characters to write with.
Tamie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-11-2003, 02:00 PM   #3
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

The first time we went, I thought I was such a good dooby when I got a red Sharpie. It was big and fat and I thought it would be great for the characters to hold onto. Nope!!! Our first encounter with Mickey and he was horrified!! His 'handler' told me that the Sharpie pens can really stain the clothes on the characters and that it doesn't come out!!!!! Went right to the gift shop and bought a new, WDW sanctioned pen!!

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 04:59 PM   #4
Goofmeister
Mouseketeer

Big, and Fat Ballpoint Pens. Buy two, the first one may not survive the entire trip. Ours didn't.

Offsite: Mar 86
Offsite: Mar 88
ASMo: Oct 2000

Trip Report:ASMo/WL: Thanksgiving 2002
Trip Report:ASMo: Oct 2004
WL: Dec 2004 Anniversary Trip
Trip Report:ASMo B'day surprise: Jan 2006 (by Mrs. Goofmeister)
PoP: OCT 2007
WL: DEC 2008
Goofmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 12:31 PM   #5
scoggs
Earning My Ears

Thank you!!

Thanks so much for letting me know about the Sharpie's!!! I will just wait and buy a "big" pen when we buy the autograph books!!
scoggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 06:17 PM   #6
momof4boys
Earning My Ears

We too heard that the Sharpies were a good idea. Bad for our family. Each kid had a different color. Their clothes all ended up having rainbow all over them. My Ds's love to use anything for an impromtu sword fight. What a mess! This time we ended up finding fat pens at the local dollar store.

Good luck
<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'December 4, 2003 3:00:00 PM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkred>Holidays with Mickey </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Look out here we come!!!!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>
momof4boys is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: