Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2014, 09:28 PM   #1
geoffinvegas
Earning My Ears

Solo Dinner using a Tablet

I have one day solo in the parks - which means one table service lunch and one table service dinner solo. I was hoping that I could use my tablet to access the disney wireless or read a book. Im lookin for suggestions of restaurants (dhs for lunch and dd for dinner) I dont want to disturb anyone. Any ideas? Thanks
geoffinvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 11:05 PM   #2
chloelovesdisney
DIS Veteran

I don't care for the places in DHS, if I had to pick a place there are supposed to be tables outside of HBD. I'd only do that if it wasn't super hot, otherwise I'd just as soon do CS or catch the ferry and head over to Epcot or one of the Boardwalk area restaurants.

For DTD how about Raglan Road.

chloelovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-02-2014, 06:27 PM   #3
SueDonym3
Mouseketeer

You will not disturb anyone- no one will notice. Not sure how the wireless is in the parks- I would make sure you have your book downloaded before you get there. My favorite restaurant in DHS is Brown Derby. Second is maybe Mama Melrose though sci fi wins for atmosphere...also if you are in sci fi there is a lot to watch on the screens so may not need the tablet to entertain yourself. For Downtown Disney- I like Raglan Road. Good food and there is a good band and an Irish dancer so again lots to watch and keep yourself entertained, have a great trip!
SueDonym3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 10:16 PM   #4
LockShockBarrel
Pudge controls the weather.

You won't disturb anyone if you're doing anything quiet on a tablet or reading a book. Been there, done that. I've read, texted, written in a note book. Seriously no one cares. The only time I ever got an odd look was in Narcoosee and I'm confident it was more because I was on deluxe dining and had a buttload of food in front of me plus a drink with a glow cube and looking like I'm in my early 20s, I had 2 couples give me sideways glances. Definitely "Wow that girl looks young, is alone and just managed to pack away $98 worth of food and drink" and not "I'm scandalized because she took out a notebook and wrote some stuff down".
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade...but without water and sugar your lemonade is gonna suck.Shut up Brain or I'll poke you with a Qtip!Legally, it's questionable. Morally, disgusting. Personally, I like it!The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Stab in and thrust upward.

Trip Report Jan 2011: Viva Verde! http://http://www.disboards.com/show...0#post39571060
TRIP REPORT SEPT 2012How do I Flush This? Squared!http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2993886

Feb 2007 Pop Century, Oct 2008 Pop Century, Jan 2011 Old Key West, Sept 12 Pop Century
LockShockBarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 07:14 PM   #5
Aerinha
Earning My Ears

Wireless was great when I was there in April. I logged in at my hotel and found they offered it on the buses and in parks.
Old 09-07-2014, 12:28 AM   #6
DaisyDuck001
DIS Veteran

However, when solo at WDW restaurants I prefer to look around and soak up the atmosphere, noticing all the thematic details I may have missed when dining with others. After looking forward to the trip for so long, I'd rather be there in the moment, in the place where I am, instead of reading something which would take my mind off the here and now. Other diners are too focused on their own group even to notice you're alone, so no worries there.

If I had time only for one lunch at DHS and one dinner at DTD, I'd probably do Sci Fi Dine In for its unique atmosphere and then Wolfgang Puck Café because it has some of my more favorite food at DTD. Whether or not you have dinner at Raglan Road, it's worth spending some time there after dinner to watch the Irish dancing.
DaisyDuck001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: