Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2003, 04:51 PM   #1
Quirky Cruiser
Mouseketeer

Almost 3 year old and Club Question...

Hi All - I need your help on this one! I have cruised twice, but never with little kids. A coworker of mine wants to go on the May 8th western with us and she has two little ones. Her daughter is 4 and her son will be 3 on June 2nd. He follows his big sis everywhere and she was wondering if they will allow him into the club since he is ALMOST 3. He is potty training now and doing well with it, so that will not be an issue. I know that they cannot assist him in any way.

Also, and more importantly, since he is technically two and they would only be charging port charges for him, would that affect whether he would be allowed into the club? I am hoping somebody who has cruised with a little one will be able to help me with this - this is an area where I am really lost! Any advice/info would be greatly appreciated. She is looking to book tomorrow....Thanks!!!
Contemporary '93, Beach Club '94, Caribbean Beach '99, '00, '02, Disneyland Paris '02, Disney Wonder - March '03, Joined DVC - March '03, Beach Club Villas/OKW - May '03, Disney Magic - Western - August '03, BCV/Disney Wonder - February '04, Disney Magic - Eastern - May '04, Disney Magic - Eastern With San Juan - August 04, Disney Magic - Eastern - February '05
Quirky Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 05:06 PM   #2
MarkLem
One mud here too...
Wear whatever you want

I asked this a while ago as I am in the same situation with a 2 year, 11 month old for a January cruise.

First, Disney tracks the number of kids of each age as people make their reservations. When they get full in a certain kids age group, they will no longer take reservations from people with kids of that age.

When the ship is full with kids of a certain age group, the counselors may not allow younger kids to move up and displace a kid of actual qualifying age. If not full and the kids are within a month or so of being of age, AND they meet any other qualfications (i.e. potty trained and able to go to potty unassisted) then they might be allowed to move up.

2008 CSR, Magic 7-Day Western, Yacht Club
2005 NYE Swan
2004 Magic 7-day Western
2003 NYE AKL
1997 Caribbean Beach
1995 Comtemporary
1989 Disney Inn
MarkLem is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-05-2003, 08:00 PM   #3
aprilgail2
Ikea- Swedish for CRAP

Re: Almost 3 year old and Club Question...

Quote:
Originally posted by Quirky Cruiser
Hi All - I need your help on this one! I have cruised twice, but never with little kids. A coworker of mine wants to go on the May 8th western with us and she has two little ones. Her daughter is 4 and her son will be 3 on June 2nd.
I hope they let him move up because at almost 3 he may be bored in flounders...it is geared more to babies than toddlers....My 4 year old daughter and I will also be on the May 8th Western!
Old 11-05-2003, 08:37 PM   #4
Quirky Cruiser
Mouseketeer

Thanks for your responses! It just seems like it is one of those fuzzy grey areas and I didn't really have an answer for her. Her son and daughter are in daycare right now and do really well in group situations so I think he would adapt really well. I too think he would be incredibly bored in Flounders.

aprilgail2 - we were originally supposed to be going on the May 29th Eastern, but we decided to move it up a few weeks. It was a little cheaper (and we LOVE the western) and airfare over memorial day was a little on the expensive side. We still have a deposit on the May 29th cruise, but I'm looking to cxl that in a week or so and apply the money to the May 8th. I wish I was leaving tomorrow!!!!
Contemporary '93, Beach Club '94, Caribbean Beach '99, '00, '02, Disneyland Paris '02, Disney Wonder - March '03, Joined DVC - March '03, Beach Club Villas/OKW - May '03, Disney Magic - Western - August '03, BCV/Disney Wonder - February '04, Disney Magic - Eastern - May '04, Disney Magic - Eastern With San Juan - August 04, Disney Magic - Eastern - February '05
Quirky Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 07:45 AM   #5
JCarangal
Tried to bribe the TF with chocolate covered pretzels and found that it worked!!! :)

I can only tell you about our experience ...
On our cruise DS was 4 and DD was 2 months shy of her 3rd birthday. When we registered DS for the kids club we asked the counselor if DD could join the club (she had been in pre-school for a year, was potty-trained and wanted to be with her brother). The counselor said she could come in on a trial-basis and if there were problems then she might not be able to stay. She did fine and was able to stay in the club for the length of our cruise.
(the only problem was when they called me the first day - I had put DD in a pull-up just to be on the safe side and that is not allowed; we changed her into underwear and everything was fine). Oh, and I also had wondered about the price of the cruise in terms of paying the under 3 price but getting the 3 year old "ammenities" but that was not an issue. <g>

Good luck!

7/96 - CBR (honeymoon)
5/99 - CSR
5/01 - AS Movies
6/02 - Riverside/Wonder
5/04 - Magic cruise
<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'May 1, 2004 8:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=red>Anxiously counting down to our Magic Cruise (5/1/04):</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Cruisin\\\' with Mickey!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>
JCarangal is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: