Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2001, 10:35 PM   #1
lrodk
No one is immune to the TF's influence.

Disney characters Goofy and Buzz Lightyear have moved into Chicago's DisneyQuest for the summer and will be at the indoor park on a daily basis signing autographs and interacting with guests. This is the first time Disney characters will make regular meet-and-greet appearances in the United States, outside California and Florida. Buzz will appear in a movie set-themed area where he will be rehearsing scenes with chosen members of the audience. Goofy will wander through the entire facility stopping at the various attractions. The characters arrived at the park in chauffeured convertibles.and walked down a red carpet into their new summer home.

This could mark the beginning of a new trend for similar venues outside of the parks, including the Disney Stores. It sure does seem like a sure-fire way of attracting guests in droves. This may just be part of the overall plan to boost traffic to retail and free standing entertainment venues.
lrodk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2001, 09:27 PM   #2
Quentin Disney
Minnie > Everything.

Funny, I was thinking about that same thing not long ago. It would be logical to add characters in DQ, especially the Chicago edition.

Having met Mickey and Minnie at the 5th avenue Disney Store myself, it feels like a piece of the magic has been taken out of the parks for those to share outside. Sorry, but I knew I was going to sound wishy-washy about that!:D

|quentindisney via<a href="http://www.pinpics.com/mypins.htm">Pinpics</a>|<a href="http://www.minniem.com">Minniem.com</a>|wdwpics|
Quentin Disney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: