Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2003, 08:31 PM   #106
Majestic
News at 11 with your anchorman Fred
WL VET
Father of the WL Memories Box

Sympathies and PD your way. I lost a very good friend of mine 2 weeks before our trip this past september. It's hard to get your mind focused on fun in the sun but let the Magic of Disney in. You will be just fine.

Ratpack, PD PD PD PD PD PD PD your way....don't forget....you have someone on your side if you need him!

Fred

Quote:
Originally posted by DisneyDmbNut
Thanks for the welcome FloridaCat... I feel like a WL Vet...I have been so many times that I feel like a Cast Member

Anyone going in February...I am bringing my mom this time...My dad passed away this week after a long illness and she has had such a bad two years, she is looking forward to getting away. She has only stayed on site once and never at a deluxe resort.

sheesh, I am long winded..sorry
Old 10-15-2003, 08:35 PM   #107
Starz723
Wishing you Pixie Dust & Magical Moments.
I love Disneyworld!
WL Vet

Oh Boy Hot tubs Steam rising, the view of the Lodge, the stars above, the castle beyond.

AM I THERE YET

Im single digit dancing

Ok WL Vets: question: Should I try eating at Artist Point? Just me and my DS 11.

Im still on the fence abour renting a car. Car vs. Disney Trans. Ive always had a car before, so Im a bit anxious.

I wonder how many dis'ers will be at WL while Im there.

Im so excited.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2003, 08:39 PM   #108
ShaneV
Crazed Disney Fanatic

Where some lime green, you never know who you'll meet.

We always opt for Disney transportation, as for me not driving is just part of the vacation
Old 10-15-2003, 08:42 PM   #109
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

Quote:
Originally posted by Starz723
Ok WL Vets: question: Should I try eating at Artist Point? Just me and my DS 11.

Im still on the fence abour renting a car. Car vs. Disney Trans. Ive always had a car before, so Im a bit anxious.
Hi Starz..DD (5) and I have never eaten at AP because it was pretty pricey...for the same price you can eat at the California Grill and see the fireworks.
I drive each year ( because I am a FL Resident) but NEVER see my car the entire time I am there...I would stick with the Mears...they are very good and you will not need a car during your stay ( at least IMO)
Old 10-15-2003, 08:48 PM   #110
Ratpack
WL VET

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Shopgirl72,
I am arriving on 12/20, looks like we will just miss each other.

Magic,
Can't wait until this weekend. I will be in Charlottesville cheering the Noles on.
Old 10-15-2003, 09:51 PM   #111
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
Florida people eat Gators....THE CIRCLE OF LIFE.
I love to laugh!

Ratpack

Sending this for the Bobby and the BOYS!!
PIXIE DUST
GO NOLES
Any luck on transferring to WL?
Old 10-15-2003, 09:51 PM   #112
rgionet
Mouseketeer

DisneyDmbNut - sympathies to you and your family - so sorry for your loss.

GO RED SOX!!!

Sept 2000 CB; Apr 2001 DCL Magic - Eastern; Sept 2002 DCL Magic - Western/Poly GV Concierge; Aug 2003 POR; Jan 2004 WL Concierge, Aug 2004 POR, Oct 2004 ASSp; Jan 2005 ASM/AKL Concierge/BC Concierge, Aug 2005 WL/CR/AKL, Sept 2005 POR; Jan 2006 ASMu/Coronado Springs/DCL Magic - Western, Aug 2006 CR/YC; Aug 2007 Polynesian/Port Orleans Riverside, Sep 2007 CR; Jul 2008 POP/WL Concierge, Aug 2008 ASSp/YC; Aug 2009 CR Concierge; May 2010 Pop, Aug 2010 CBR/Polynesian Concierge/CR, Jan 2011 CR/DCL Dream, Feb 2011 POFQ, Aug 2011 WL Concierge, Jan 2012 POFQ, Aug 2012 Polynesian Concierge, Jan 2013 WL, Feb 2013 DCL Fantasy/POFQ, Dec 2013 SSR, Jan 2014 Polynesian Concierge
Old 10-15-2003, 10:07 PM   #113
FloridaCat
WL Vet
Wild Wacky Wonderful WL Weatherman
You sit in a bathtub to eat a FL orange
It does not get any better then this

Ratpack: Have a fun weekend,

Starz723: Jump on a small boat, blue flag, to FW and try Trails End. Buffet and a good selection for DS.

tardin1964: 5014 has bunk beds.

DisneyDmbNut: FL Resident rates are equal or better then AP Rates.

WHILE AT THE LODGE, PAT THE BEAR'S NOSE SO THE MAGIC CAN BEGIN.

When you wish upon a star
Makes no difference who you are
Anything your heart desires
Will come to you

At least once each year since 1991
WL 7/2003
WL 9/2003

Last edited by FloridaCat; 10-15-2003 at 10:58 PM.
Old 10-15-2003, 10:33 PM   #114
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
Florida people eat Gators....THE CIRCLE OF LIFE.
I love to laugh!

DisneyDmbNUT

Welcome, to the DIS, not sure about AP rates but there may be Florida Resident Specials equal to AP rates or better, be sure to check out both...We residents recieved our rates this Fall before AP rates came out.
Also sympathies to you and your family, hope your up coming trip will be magical.

Starz723
We have eaten at Artist Point, myself and DN when he was appx 11...his now at UF. They had a childrens menu he enjoyed and I had the Plank Roasted Salmon, I had never eaten salmon before and I loved it. Unfortunatly once you have the BEST it's hard for others to measure up. It is expensive but I believe it's worth it.
You will have a beautiful view of Bay Lake and Silver Creek Falls.

DARN the CUBS lost.
Old 10-15-2003, 11:09 PM   #115
FloridaCat
WL Vet
Wild Wacky Wonderful WL Weatherman
You sit in a bathtub to eat a FL orange
It does not get any better then this

The new DIS store is open check it out. some cool stuff.

WHILE AT THE LODGE, PAT THE BEAR'S NOSE SO THE MAGIC CAN BEGIN.

When you wish upon a star
Makes no difference who you are
Anything your heart desires
Will come to you

At least once each year since 1991
WL 7/2003
WL 9/2003
Old 10-15-2003, 11:22 PM   #116
crazy4themouse
Earning My Ears

annamonte - Loved the reports!

DisneyDmbNut: Sending PD, sorry for your loss.

Now a question... My friend from NC is driving down to visit for 2 days while my DS and I are @ WL. We arrive on a Saturday and have opted not to rent a car. I was just planning on using Mears and the transportation at Disney. Well now that my friend is visiting... it changes all our plans. Argh! I had to change dining reservations and all - the only one I didn't give up was for the following morning at Cindies. He's driving down and staying off property. I haven't seen him for 2 years so we plan on doing EPCOT that Saturday and returning to the lodge for ressies at WC. I'm sure we'll probably sit around after dinner and talk up a storm way into the night. The next day, Sunday, he plans on meeting us back @ WL after DS and I visit the castle and then he wants to drive over to AK. Now my question... how should we handle the car? He will only be there for 2 days and he is staying off property, but he'll be doing the driving and spending a lot of time with us at the lodge catching up on things. Now I'm not trying to sneak him into our room - he has a hotel, so does he just ask for a visitor pass or something at the guard station? Or do I explain my situation to a CM before we arrive? Any suggestions would help.
Old 10-16-2003, 05:31 AM   #117
annamonte
Tired of the old tags!

tardin1964:

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner... but, I was busy watching the Yanks LOSE !!! Anyway, I have finally regained some of my composure!

Rm 5014 was 2 queens, not bunkbeds... but, I think 5016 was the bunkbed room! Hope that helps you out!

Oh, and:
*** LET'S GO YANKEES !!!****
Pixie Dust coming their way: *** ***
10/03 - Wilderness Lodge / 10/04 - Contemporary Tower Club / 2/06 - Polynesian / 11/06 - Wilderness Lodge Concierge / 2/07 - Port Orleans-French Quarter / 10/07 - Boardwalk Villas / 5/08 - Pop Century / 10/08 - Port Orleans-French Quarter / 11/09 - Beach Club Villas / 2/13 - Boardwalk Villas / 11/14 - Port Orleans-French Quarter
Old 10-16-2003, 06:33 AM   #118
Pea Picker
Mouseketeer

Post What location to ask for.

We have a Courtyard View room book for 12/10-12/15. I have heard that the view could be of the Villas. What should I ask for when faxing in to avoid getting the Villas view and assure a view of the actual courtyard (which I take to be of the pool area). We also need non-smoking rooms and would like a bunk bed if possible. First time at the WL.

Thanks for your help.
Old 10-16-2003, 06:46 AM   #119
Starz723
Wishing you Pixie Dust & Magical Moments.
I love Disneyworld!
WL Vet

Florida Cat: Thanks for that suggestion. I always wanted to prowl around FW. sounds like a winner.

DisneyDmbNut: So sorry for your loss, PD coming your way.

Thank you all for your great suggestions. Guess Ill se how the funds are spreading out, then Ill make a decision for the higher priced restaurant, Artist Point, etc. Living in NYC, Im used to seeing off the wall prices.

Im still havent made a decision about the car rental. I would have to buy the car insurance, being that I no longer own a car here. Driving is fun for me, cause I never do it anymore. Im always on public trans. Car rental is around $240 w/ins. Thats alot (still cheaper than NY rental,,thats what you would pay for a weekend). Oh decisions, decisons, decisions. This should be my only problem in life Id better decide soon.
Old 10-16-2003, 07:08 AM   #120
tardin1964
I need it.....
I want it.....
Please........

annamonte

I was busy watching the Yanks lose also...It wasn't a good night.

I hope Clemens pitches a great game tonight. If the Redsox beat the Yankees after all these years of trying it will seem as though the world has turned upside down.

As far as the bunk bed room goes, I haven't decided yet if I should try and get one. My girls are 7 & 5. I think part of the fun of being away from home for them is getting to sleep in the same bed together. It's like a slumber party for them. I think I would rather have the view of MK if I had to choose.

Poly 8/79, 8/81, 8/83
GF 8/92
WL 11/03, 11/05, 8/08
DCL 11/10
POFQ 6/11
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: