Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2003, 08:42 AM   #751
Liv2CdWorld
I love these boards ---- this is where the Magic lives when I'm not at WDW!
WL Vet

KSM & MAGICinMYHEART - PD to both of you! Have a great trip!

Disneykid - Hmmm, that's a toughy. I think I'd do either option 2 or 3. Why don't you play it by ear? Maybe everything will be wonderful and overwhelming in the lobby and you won't have to say anything more. Then you could then just wait until you get to the Brown Derby.

August 29 to Sept 3, 2007 - WL
Dec 22 to Dec 29, 2007 - WL

June 3 to June 10, 2006 - Contemporary
Nov 24 to Dec 4, 2005 - HRH & Saratoga Springs
Aug 11 to Aug 14, 2005 - WL (Quick impromptu trip)
May 29 to June 6, 2005 - WL
May 2004 - Contemporary
December 2003 - WL
May 2003 - Poly Concierge/ WL Concierge
Christmas 2001 - WL
May 2000 - WL
May 1999 - WL
Oct 1995 - Disneyland
1980 and prior - too many to count

Pat the bear's nose so the magic can begin - FloridaCat
Old 11-14-2003, 08:48 AM   #752
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

What is Lunch with an Imagineer?? I have never heard of this...What is the cost?

ps~ I would tell him when you sit down at the Derby!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2003, 09:04 AM   #753
dizneykid
The Tag Fairy offers you pixie dust every day!!
Has a love bug named Dixie!
WL VET

KSM and Magicinmyheart,

Have a great time and tons of pixie dust coming your way.

KSM - Don't forget to get an "It's My Birthday" button from guest relations in any of the parks. He will get special attention.
:D

So this is love!
Jeanne Marcel Dixie Remy Jack
Old 11-14-2003, 09:14 AM   #754
dizneykid
The Tag Fairy offers you pixie dust every day!!
Has a love bug named Dixie!
WL VET

Lunch with an Imagineer

Lunch with a Disney Imagineer (also Disney Artist and Disney Author) cost $60.99 per person. There is also dinner which cost $99.99 per person but that includes wine pairings.

Anyway, you have lunch/dinner (appetizer, salad, entree and dessert) at the Brown Derby at MGM. They only sit 8 people at a time (so it is not too crowded). You are joined by a real Imagineer, Artist or Author from the Disney Company. You also get personalized menus, and a signed plate (Imagineer and Artist) or book (author) for a keepsake. I have read many good things.

Also, if you do want to make reservations, do it as soon as you hit the 30 day mark, they go very, very fast.

Also, I have read that many young children enjoy going, especially if they are interested in any of those as careers.

So this is love!
Jeanne Marcel Dixie Remy Jack
Old 11-14-2003, 10:17 AM   #755
Starz723
Wishing you Pixie Dust & Magical Moments.
I love Disneyworld!
WL Vet

PD to all who are going to WL soon

Pixie Dust coming your way for a fabulous WL visit.

Disneykid: I like the "Tell him when your seated at the BD"..
OMG..I would be busting by that time..Im not sure I could hold out that long.. Have a magical time

Dont foreget to read my recent trip report from WL.

The wind up here is like being in a hurricane..GEEZ..its knocked down trees and power lines. This morning it was 34 degrees plus the wind factor..BRRRR. Wish I was in Florida! 60 degrees is springtime for me!

Funny story bout my cousing that moved from NYC to FL. First winter: he sees everyone wearing winter coats when the temp gets to 55-60.. He walks around in a T shirt. Second winter: He upgrades to a sweatshirt. By the third winter: He is walking around with a winter coat on, LOL.. I thought that was funny.
Old 11-14-2003, 10:26 AM   #756
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

Re: PD to all who are going to WL soon

Quote:
Originally posted by Starz723
Funny story bout my cousing that moved from NYC to FL. First winter: he sees everyone wearing winter coats when the temp gets to 55-60.. He walks around in a T shirt. Second winter: He upgrades to a sweatshirt. By the third winter: He is walking around with a winter coat on, LOL.. I thought that was funny.
ok..I was BORN down here....so I have long underwear and all...I can't imagine being up north...think my thin blood would freeze as soon as I went outside.

That lunch sounds soooo neat...think I am going to have to arrange that for my DH soon!
Old 11-14-2003, 10:51 AM   #757
floridafam
DIS Veteran

Looking for info on the Yosemite Suite at WL.

Looking into booking this for our May trip.

If you have stayed in the suite, was everything in good working order? Was it clean?

I'd love to hear about your experience.

Thanks in advance. :D
Old 11-14-2003, 11:01 AM   #758
#1EeyoreFan
Earning My Ears

BRR!

Speaking of the weather, being a native Southern Californian, I agree that anything lower than 70 is chilly if not downright COLD! My husband, who's from Edmonton Canada, just rolls his eyes at me . Is it really cold in January?

On another note, I was wondering if anyone who's going to the Lodge in the next few weeks would be willing to pick me up a WL postcard? Since this trip is DD's Christmas gift, I thought I'd wrap individual things to hint to her what's going on. If anyone is willing to help me out, PM me, and we'll work out the details.

My countdown started in triple digits, I'm getting excited!!

<font size=3 color=blue font face="Walt Disney Script v4.1"> Disney Magic 9/28/03</font
Old 11-14-2003, 01:05 PM   #759
WiscMomof2
I must be a real dork because being a DIS Veteran just made my afternoon!

Quote:
Originally posted by Starz723
I unpack a bit and get ready for our PS at Chef Mickeys.

We catch the boat and off to the Contemporary. What a fun time. The food was delicious. We were doing the celebrate dance and swinging our napkins around every time. We loved the picture they took of us..Its the first of many pics I buy..to me they are priceless. I always enjoy myself there, plus we had a surprise visit with Princess Auroara. That pic came out so nice, we are using it as a Christmas card picture. After dinner, we jump on the monorail and head over to the MK for one of our favorites, "Spectromagic". DS and I know all the music and words, so we love singing along. We got a great seat on the curb on main st next to a family from Wisconsin..they were as excited as DS and I so that added to our magic. Then came the new fireworks shows, Wishes! Oh how wonderful.. We ooohed and ahhhhed. After the show we caught the boat back to WL along with hundreds of other people.. We were so pooped..What a looong day..but a spectacular day 1. We hit the bed late and slept like logs. I think we got up round near 9AM the next day..

Ok part 2 coming.
Starz
I know this is back a few pages, but we were there the exact same time as you and did the exact same things our first night. That is too funny. Chef Mickey's is such a good time. I think this will become a first night tradition for us. We were so psyched for our girls that Aurora was there that night as a "special" guest. There were a lot of us Wisconsinites at WDW on those dates this year because it was our annual Teacher's Convention. Unfortunately, we don't impact the crowd levels enough to get our own "week" LOL. Sounds like you had a great time. I know we sure did!:D
DCL Wonder ~ 01-07
CSR ~ 03-08
Poly CL ~ 08-09
POP ~ 06-10
Disneyland ~ 07-11
Offsite ~ 06-12
Offsite ~ 06-13
Offsite ~ 06-14
POP ~ 08-14

Me , DH , DD 18, DD 16
Old 11-14-2003, 01:53 PM   #760
Ga Girl
Mouseketeer

Another question

What time does the boat to MK start running? And does anyone know what time they do the opening ceremony...with the characters at the front entrance?? I am guessing 9am cause thats what time the park opens. Some insight would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-14-2003, 02:15 PM   #761
tardin1964
I need it.....
I want it.....
Please........

Ga Girl

Although they say transportation begins running 45 minutes before park opening, when I was there last week the first boat didn't pull up to the dock at the WL until about 8:30/8:35. We got through the security check point on our way to the turnstiles just at 9:00 when the train was pulling up with the characters.

Poly 8/79, 8/81, 8/83
GF 8/92
WL 11/03, 11/05, 8/08
DCL 11/10
POFQ 6/11
Old 11-14-2003, 02:18 PM   #762
Kimberle
WL Vet

Re: Another question

Quote:
Originally posted by Ga Girl
What time does the boat to MK start running? And does anyone know what time they do the opening ceremony...with the characters at the front entrance?? I am guessing 9am cause thats what time the park opens. Some insight would be greatly appreciated.
When we were there in Sept (MK opened at 9am), it started running at 8:30. One day, we had a 9am PS w/ Cindy. We took the smaller boat to CR & monorail from there. I believe the WL/CR/FW boat starts running at 7am.
Sept 04 CR 14th fl Concierge Aug 06 Royal Pacific, Club Level Aug 07 AKL, Club Level Aug 08, POR Aug 09 Beach Club Dec 10, Xmas in Tahiti Aug 11, WL Aug 12, Hawaii Apr 13, BC July 14, HRH, CR-MK Club Level

Old 11-14-2003, 02:26 PM   #763
FloridaCat
WL Vet
Wild Wacky Wonderful WL Weatherman
You sit in a bathtub to eat a FL orange
It does not get any better then this

DisneyDmbNut I guess leave the door open LOL Got up in the night looking for the comforter I stored those so many months ago. If AspirngCindy shows up ask her about Imagineer, I think she had some info on this one time.

OK for those of you heading down. You DO NOT go rushing in like your about to check into a Holiday Inn. You calmly hold hands, walk through the big majestic doors and just stand there. OHHHS & AHHS and tears are permissible.

Also you have to shout WL VETS are awesome and tell it true.

Remember to get your park maps and time sheets at the end of the front desk

Mommy Poppins PD on your soon to be trip to “our home”. Be sure to let Humphrey Bear know you are there, I want you to feel the PD falling on you. WHAT, no packing started? Let’s get going here girl, Sweat shirt and a pair of long pants. Shorts and T-shirts for the day time.

KSM Let DS find Humphrey and get the Magic off to a great start. Same as above.

Ga Girl, same goes for you.

Dizneykid Hey old friend, isn’t this nice for a few days at least. You wait until you are at the B&D. Don’t let the Magic get away. Take a lot of notes for us as we want all the inside goodies. LOL

Starz723 I did the same as your Brother, I was calling everyone Sissy’s. LOL I have three good friends come down in February to get in some golf with me. They are walking around in shorts and t-shirts, and I am tagging behind in my sweats. LOL

Hey Fred, someone here needs VET help.
floridafam Give a PM to Majestic.

WHILE AT THE LODGE, PAT THE BEAR'S NOSE SO THE MAGIC CAN BEGIN.

When you wish upon a star
Makes no difference who you are
Anything your heart desires
Will come to you

At least once each year since 1991
WL 7/2003
WL 9/2003
Old 11-14-2003, 02:58 PM   #764
Starz723
Wishing you Pixie Dust & Magical Moments.
I love Disneyworld!
WL Vet

Day 4 Trip Report UP

It was kinda slow today at work ..so I typed my trip report.. Dont tell!!

Here is Day 4 of my WDW, WL Adventure:
I think I left something out.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....hreadid=466469
Old 11-14-2003, 03:07 PM   #765
Ga Girl
Mouseketeer

Is Humphrey easy to find?? Don't remember seeing him. But that has also been years ago.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: