Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2003, 07:19 PM   #16
FloridaCat
WL Vet
Wild Wacky Wonderful WL Weatherman
You sit in a bathtub to eat a FL orange
It does not get any better then this

By Request

WILDERNESS LODGE LAYOUT

Upon entering the massive front doors, you will find on your left public rest rooms, Whisper Canyon Café, The fireplace and then to Artist’s Point. You then descend down a wide ramp hallway to the doors to the courtyard. Turning left you will find Roaring Forks Food Court, Public Restrooms, elevators and across from the elevators is Guest Laundry.

Back at the main entrance, turning to your right will be the Bell Service desk, behind them is a small room where the Meeses can watch Disney Movies while M&D are getting checked in.
Then along the right wall is the check in counter. At the end of the counter is an INFORMATION CENTER where you can pick up maps and time sheets for the parks. The CM will give you a packet with Wilderness information and a Lodge activities sheet. Continuing along that wall is the elevators.

Going down the hall at the end of the check in counter is Mercantile Gift Shop, across from them are elevators. Then there is the Arcade room and Cubs Den. Going out the doors takes you to the bus terminal. There are signs informing you where each bus will stop and where it is going.

BUILDINGS:
For the sake of clarification I am naming the buildings LOBBY, NORTH WING A, NORTH WING B, SOUTH WING A, SOUTH WING B. With the A buildings close to the lobby and the B building connected to the A buildings; towards Bay Lake. The North buildings are on your left facing the lodge and South buildings on your right.

Rooms are numbered “Floor-Building-Room”. An example is 6008 is sixth floor, north wing, room 8. 6108 is sixth floor, south wing, room 8.
Even room numbers are to the outside and odd numbers are rooms towards the courtyard side.
Room numbers are somewhat confusing as in the North wing, room numbers are ##6 to ##00 from the lobby towards the boat dock. They are the opposite in the South wing, ##60 at the end and ##00 at the lobby.

NORTH BUILDING, WING A: Outside is all Standard View overlooking the service area parking lot. This is where all deliveries are being made to the Lodge. This would work if you are only in the room to sleep. During the day there is a lot of activity of trucks making deliveries. The view is not distasteful; it’s the truck traffic during the day.
Inside rooms are Courtyard View in the general vicinity of the Waterfalls.

NORTH WING BUILDING B: Outside is Woodsview and is very quiet and private. We enjoyed it very much and would request it on future trips. We had a good view of Otter Pond, while we never saw any Otter’s there were plenty of Ducks swimming and Rabbits having dinner. The MK fireworks are very plain to see and my estimation is rooms 5012 to 5032 had the same opportunity as well as the same rooms on 4th and 6th floors. Rooms #008 to the end of the building are blocked by two large trees to view MK and to far from Otter Pond to see except a small end of it.

Courtyards views on the inside offer a fantastic view of the pool area and are somewhat noisy until the pool is closed for the day.

NOTE: If you are in the South wing,you canstill view the MK fireworks. Go to the 5th or 6th floor where the two wings meet. pull back the shutters on the big windows. Fastest way to get up it the elevater by RF.
SOUTH BUILDING A & B: Both sides are considered Courtyard View; however the outside rooms view the Villas and are quiet. Inside view is the courtyard.

Elevators in the wings are located where Wing A & B connect. Rooms to the far end have a long walk to the elevators or use the stairwell on the end to go to the pool or boat dock. It is my opinion that the North side offers more in convenience then the South side. Both sides are equal in access to Courtyard and pool, but the North has a greater convenience to Roaring Fork area of the lobby and to the boat dock. 5028 was a few steps from the elevator, not a noise problem, which opened into the RF hallway, Pubic restrooms and the Courtyard area just outside RF.
All end units facing Bay Lake are suites

Room numbers will not be given to you under any circumstances until it is ready for occupancy, security is the reason given.
If you arrive early you can check in, but your room key is not activated until Housekeeping clears it as ready, then you will be told what room you are in.

You should note the 6th floor rooms have a “pit” for your balcony. You can identify it in the pictures by where the roof looks like it was cut and raised. This is the 6th floor. They are very private, but you do have to stand to see over them. The lobby is 7 stories high

The best way to get to the North Wings from the lobby is to take the main elevator to your floor and walk across the hall overlooking the lobby.

Coming from the boat dock or pool, entering by RF is best for the North Wing. The entrance close to where A & B connect is best for the South Wing.

WL MAP:
http://www.magictrips.com/images/maps/wlmap.gif

POOLS: Silver Spring and Silver Creek meanders down to the waterfalls and into the pool. There is a small slide and it is in the rocks that jut out into the pool. Two large hoppers by Trout pool bar have abundance of towels. The main pool is very pleasant during morning hours and does become somewhat crowded in the afternoon. Our plan was to stay at the main pool and after lunch move over to the Villas pool. While smaller is very nice and less crowded. A bonus is they have piped the lobby music to Rock Speakers in the surrounding landscape. We had a table in the shade and a speaker nearby and was very relaxing and enjoyable. WL sound track offers a very good selection of Western songs.
On the back of each Lifegaurd station is a white board. Each morining they list Park Hours, that day's weather and Lodge activities, like Duck races.
At the end of the main pool is the Kiddie pool. Up the steps are the teo spas.

DINING:
ROARING FORKS: The 20oz. Refillable mugs, 10.99, are a must. Coffee, tea, hot or cold, soda, lemonade and Hot Chocolate. A must if you have children. This is a high quality mug good to be used as a travel mug. While you observe a ton of food going out there, it is never a wait of more then ten minutes. The line at the drink station is just a few minutes. Prices are reasonable for the surroundings and comments were favorable.

WHISPER CANYON: Food is very good and a fun filled atmosphere. CM’s had the kids do a “Pony Ride”. Boy’s had to sing Happy Birthday to the Girls and same for the girls

Artist’s Point is more upscale and very god comments.

MENU's
WILDERNESS CANYON CAFÉ
Breakfast
http://wdwig.com/menu/menu_wcb.htm
Lunch
http://wdwig.com/menu/menu_wcl.htm
Dinner
http://wdwig.com/menu/menu_wc.htm

ROARING FORKS.
http://wdwig.com/menu/menu_rf.htm

ARTIST’S POINT
http://wdwig.com/menu/menu_ap.htm

TRANSPORTATION: During the morning and at park closings, the trip is one resort. It is during the day going or coming that more then one stop was encountered. Going to DTD is slow and should drive if you have a car.
Boats have two colored flags. A small Launch runs a continuous circle from WL to FW to Contemporary. It has a blue flag. The MK boat is larger and flies a green flag.
GENERAL WL TRANSPORTATION ??
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=452601

WILDLIFE: They seem to have adapted very well to guests. One morning an Armadillo came up the walk searching for tidbits. Egrets and many other birds had no problem standing by a table for any fallen morsel. Ducks have no problem getting the pool for a swin with you. (Better Kim?)

My gift to the "Family" Have your speakers on.

http://www.geocities.com/Broadway/Stage/7840/select.htm

Instructions for the WL Screensaver.
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=445100

WL LOBBY MUSIC LIST
http://wdwig.com/faq_wl4.htm

WL LAUNDRY:
Location: 1st floor across from the elevators down from Roaring Forks

Washers: 5 (med sized loads) $2.00 a load

Dryers: 10 $1.00 for 15 min, (60 min max)

Go in the evening time right before the rush. There is a waiting line till about 11:00pm. If you didn't come back for your dryer in time your stuff is taken out! Everyone is splitting their wash load into 2 dryer loads so it would dry faster. Most of the WL VET ladies reccmend early morning.

Hair blowers, irons, ironing baords are in the rooms, Coffeemakers will be supplied by request to mousekeepers.

The smoking rooms are on the 6th floor of the North Wing, Building "B", These are Woodsview and about thirty rooms.

The Geyser starts at 7:00 AM and on the hour until 10:00 PM

WHILE AT THE LODGE, PAT THE BEAR'S NOSE SO THE MAGIC CAN BEGIN.

When you wish upon a star
Makes no difference who you are
Anything your heart desires
Will come to you

At least once each year since 1991
WL 7/2003
WL 9/2003

Last edited by FloridaCat; 01-10-2004 at 08:28 AM.
Old 10-13-2003, 07:19 PM   #17
Tig-girl
WL VET
If you wanna make God laugh, all you gotta do is tell him your plans....
Tag Toggler

Woo Hoo ! Thread #3

kimmar Can you believe this is #3. We have so many "regulars" now! I can't believe I've been here for 2 years now!

Florida Cat Thanks for the easy link to the new thread!

Cindy Thanks for being the only one to give me any input on my plea for ticket advice (and where are the rest of you huh, huh?) Also Cindy, that synopsis of the rooms is great. I think that one needs to be printed out for future reference.

KDISDAD That room you were in (5032), was it a lobby view also?

Everybody else Good Evening!
2009-Jan. WL, Mar. SSR, Sept. Treehouse Villas, Nov. AKL!
2010-Jan. Kidani Village June. SSR , Sept. Grand Californian
2011 Jan. KV
, 2012 Jan-BWV, May- KV

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2003, 07:25 PM   #18
Ratpack
WL VET

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

I'm here, I'm here!!!

This thread is only 1 hour old and already it is on page 2. We will need part 4 before the end of the year at this rate.
Old 10-13-2003, 07:31 PM   #19
Tig-girl
WL VET
Tag Toggler

That is because it's the best thread and we have so many loyal followers. Oh yea, we all get lost for a few days now and again, get busy with life, but we all end up back here! I'm so glad that I found the Disboards!
2011 Jan. KV
, 2012 Jan-BWV, May- KV

Old 10-13-2003, 07:32 PM   #20
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

Hiya, Tig-girl....

...'bout time we had a JBJ pic here!:D

And, thanks FC for that synopsis! You forgot one thing tho'...the DUCKEES!!
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
Old 10-13-2003, 07:43 PM   #21
AllisonG
Good thing the TF is multi-lingual!

Looking for the Tag Fairy to hit me with a WL VET.
Haven't been tagged in sometime now.
How 'bout it Tag Fairy?
Should I try clapping in another language?
clapclapclcpalclcpaldmfndlal;s[dlm ^$6w f ap *&R^% mcnmcposdbjh&^%$%GVKHBV^%4rtygyitgr^%$&%$#$EGnclap
97,98,99x2,00x7,01x4,02x3,03x4,
04x4,07x2,08x2,09x4,10x1
Old 10-13-2003, 07:43 PM   #22
ckj
They took a polaroid pic while I was on stage...
WL Vet

I can see it, we're almost there.
Old 10-13-2003, 07:47 PM   #23
ckj
They took a polaroid pic while I was on stage...
WL Vet

Our mousekeeper was very nice to us, left this after turndown one evening. The wife really likes chocolate.
Old 10-13-2003, 07:54 PM   #24
kimmar067

AllisonG....

...go to the last page of the old WL FAQ thread to read my post.
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
Old 10-13-2003, 07:55 PM   #25
Tig-girl
WL VET
Tag Toggler

Thanks Kimmar! And I thought a new JBJ pic was in order, in honor of our new thread!

So, how long do you think it will be before we start seeing some deals for April??? I'm getting nervous.
2011 Jan. KV
, 2012 Jan-BWV, May- KV

Old 10-13-2003, 08:16 PM   #26
kimmar067

I dunno...

...that "KIDS FREE" deal is pretty hard to beat, as well as pass on!
Old 10-13-2003, 08:43 PM   #27
Tig-girl
WL VET
Tag Toggler

I agree great deals if you have little ones. But my youngest DS is 14 now, so that won't work for us. I need a good room only code, or some really good family package. Maybe they will do some great package for Magical Gatherings. That would work for us. If anyone hears anything, let me know!
2011 Jan. KV
, 2012 Jan-BWV, May- KV

Old 10-13-2003, 08:46 PM   #28
kimmar067

I'll keep my fingers crossed...

..that some good room rates come out soon! (hey, I did a little bit of "redecorating", too!)

Look-y, look-y...4,800 posts!

Last edited by kimmar067; 10-13-2003 at 09:00 PM.
Old 10-13-2003, 09:00 PM   #29
shopgirl72
Pixie Dust to those either at WDW, or on their way!
Beware tall M&M containers full of quarters!!
WL Vet

Congratulations to you KIMMAR!
I just posted this AM, and come back this evening to find you on thread #3!! I remember two years ago when you started the original and 999 ghosts was around! You really picked up and carried the thread well! I can't find any pictures of Hugh to get my WL VET you have had them all!! Just kidding! I enjoy coming and reading, and helping when I can! That is what is great about everyone here, they make everyone feel WELCOME! Thanks again Kimmar-you keep us all hanging in! Shopgirl

Last edited by shopgirl72; 10-13-2003 at 09:16 PM.
Old 10-13-2003, 09:22 PM   #30
dpic
DIS Veteran

I used that first thread so much. I spend many an evening with a cup of coffee reading through all those posts. It is nice to see that 999ghosts is still remembered. She was incredibly helpful. Does anyone know if she still is at Disney? I hope all is going well with her and wish her the best.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: