Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2004, 08:15 PM   #1
TnKrBeLlA012
I am so addicted to this board!!
Where do all these pictures come from?

Best section to request at POP!

Im just wondering I will be staying at the POP in April..and Im wondering which building i should request...I want to be near the pool and foodcourt. I no that I may not get what I request but it wouldn't hurt to try. Your help would be appreciated.
TnKrBeLlA012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 09:18 PM   #2
DisneyAddict_M
Born to stand out
I was such a nerd, but I was a cool nerd
I can pick my nose with my toe
I'm the weirdest person I know.

I didn't know we could choose which building we wanted to be in. Just call me clueless. When I made my reservations, I chose Preferred, but I don't really know what that is. The CM who was taking my reservation said Preferred is closer to everything...including the bus to the park. I'm interested in any responses you may get.

DisneyAddict_M is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2004, 10:34 PM   #3
tmfranlk
Love hanging at the World with my sweet girls.

Location: physically in St. Louis, mentally in WDW, but a Boston girl at heart...Go Sox!

DisneyAddict_M - Preferred guarantees you a room in the 1960's buildings, which is the closest to the main pool and Classic Hall. While you are guaranteed this set of buildings, you are paying $10/night extra for it.

TnKrBeLlA012 - I am hoping for the same things you are and requested the 1970s buildings. The 1950s are also fairly close. The only reason I chose the 70s was to be close to the pop jets, which I know my siser is going to love.

.............Art of Animation, I hope! -- March 14-23, 2014
tmfranlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 07:15 AM   #4
Poohsmommi
Mouseketeer

How should I word my request if I want to be away from everyone? I am an extremely light sleeper, so facing the pool is out of the quesiton for me. Is there one building that is better than another in terms of quietness?
Poohsmommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 08:28 AM   #5
domiii
To all who come to this happy place, welcome! - Walter E. Disney

We are traveling with my DM who has had both knees replaced. We have preferred room. What is the best place for us to request? Any help would be appreciated.
05/87 BV Palace/Contemporary ... 11/89 HoJo's ... 07/92 CBR ... 08/97 PO ... 11/99 ASMu/ASMo ... 06/02 WL/Wonder ... 04/04 Pop Century ... 11/04 POFQ ... 12/05 Christmas Magic-DCL ... 08/06 SSR ... 11/07 SSR GV ... 03/08 ASMu (K&D) ... 06/08 SSR (KE w/JR) ... 11/08 Wonder/SSR ... 07/09 OKW/AKL GV-KV/OKW ... 05/10 CS ... 12/10 SSR GV ... 04/11 ASMu ... 06/11 Dream/THV ... 05/12 THV ... 10/12 AKL-KV

domiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 08:44 AM   #6
Tigger&Belle
I'm the good girl on the DIS

Snarky is my middle name
So many comments, so many points

Quote:
Originally posted by Poohsmommi
How should I word my request if I want to be away from everyone? I am an extremely light sleeper, so facing the pool is out of the quesiton for me. Is there one building that is better than another in terms of quietness?
I was in the 70s building, facing the foosball court. The area was wonderful for it's closeness to the food court and pop jets, but there was a lot of traffic going by and people tended to be noisy, even late at night. If I go again I will request an area that does not face a pool or foosball type area. In the 70's area, the rooms facing the lake would have been quieter because they wouldn't have been between the food court and a lot of the buildings. I would even prefer to be in the 80s or 90s buildings (still not facing a common area, including the path to the parking lot) and have a longer walk to the food court if it meant less people walking by the room.

Also, bring ear plugs if you are a light sleeper. I did and that helped.

T&B

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: