Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2003, 11:48 AM   #1
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!
Amen and Hallelujah Sister!!

DISboards Moderator

snorkeling ??? for newbie cruiser

We are just under 60 days out and looking seriously now at the excursions. Since we are land/sea we are not planning much for the ports - more go with the flow depending on how much energy we have left! Anyhow - family of four, DDs ages 11 and 6 - newbie snorkelers.

My questions are:

1) are we crazy to book snorkeling equipment in Dec? Will it be chilly?

2) Thoughts on the CC snorkeling excursion: How long are you actually snorkeling? Is it too long for a easily-tired 6 yr old?

3) If DH and oldest DD do the excursion and youngest DD and myself rent equipment for the day (CC package with floats/bike/snorkel) can we share the floats and snorkeling equipment with DH and oldest DD when they return? I'm truly asking this innocently, I couldn't find a policy on families sharing rented equipment.

4) Is what you see on the excursion worth it hands down anyhow? Is there a big difference between what you see on your own or on the excursion?

TIA

Co-Moderator WISH forum -- Take the WISH challenge here.........
ohMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 12:58 PM   #2
prymsu

DIS Veteran

if you are planning on snorkeling more than once, you might want to look into getting your own equipment and taking it with you. It would pay for itself if you do more than one time of snorkeling.

I am sure you could share the equipment if you go that route and rent. No reason why you shouldn't be able to do this, but I am not 100 percent sure.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2003, 01:34 PM   #3
videogal1
Boogie Queen
Remember to pack the can opener

December snorkeling

I did a 3-day cruise in July of '89 (Premier) and thoroughly enjoyed the beautiful warm water then repeated the whole thing the next December. The only difference in the water was the roughness...we had some drizzle...big deal, you're already wet, right? but the little waves around the man-made breakwater (Salt Cay) were pushier and the pull of the receeding water a little more compelling. None of us had goosebumps after a couple of hours in the water and , on the whole, the snorkeling was just as fun as in July. I remember the rough seas because Premier's system was to ferry us out to the site in tenders...
Inaugural 10-day Holiday Magic December '04
Inaugural Westward Repositioning cruise May '05
Service Dog Training cruise (HAL) November '04
BWI, BC, AKL, POP, POR, Poly, Sequoia (DLP) between '93 and 2003.
videogal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 03:55 PM   #4
AnnMorin
I HATE SNOW!!!

Re: snorkeling ??? for newbie cruiser

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ohMom

1) are we crazy to book snorkeling equipment in Dec? Will it be chilly? We have snorkled at CC two Decembers in a row and plan to this year. For us the water is great..certainly warmer than it gets here at Cape Cod in the summer!

2) Thoughts on the CC snorkeling excursion: How long are you actually snorkeling? Is it too long for a easily-tired 6 yr old?

If you are just renting the snorkle equipment at CC you have use of it all day and you go on their snorkle trail. We snorkle, get out rest eat etc, then go back. They do have a new excurion the seahorse snorkle or something like that but I have never done it.

3) If DH and oldest DD do the excursion and youngest DD and myself rent equipment for the day (CC package with floats/bike/snorkel) can we share the floats and snorkeling equipment with DH and oldest DD when they return? I'm truly asking this innocently, I couldn't find a policy on families sharing rented equipment.

Of course you can share the floats and bikes!! the snorkle equip will be harder to share as it is different sizes.

4) Is what you see on the excursion worth it hands down anyhow? Is there a big difference between what you see on your own or on the excursion?
which excursion?
TIA
[/QUOTE
DCL #5 Western- the Ann Morin annual "40th" birthday party 12/04/04

Ft. Lauderdale break from the snow 2/2005

Thanksgiving 2005 Star Princess

Easter with Mickey April 2006
AnnMorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 04:50 PM   #5
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!
Amen and Hallelujah Sister!!

DISboards Moderator

Ann - I was referring to the newer one at CC - it's called SeaHorse Snorkel Adventure

Glad to know the snorkeling equip is different sizes, duh! hadn't thought of that. But to bring your own - do you bring a vest too? or just a snorkel and mask? sorry if this is obvious but i'm really clueless

Co-Moderator WISH forum -- Take the WISH challenge here.........
ohMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 09:11 PM   #6
AnnMorin
I HATE SNOW!!!

they will provide vests

Free of charge for people with their own equip. who want to use CC's snorkle trail, infact I belive they insist on it. We do own our own equip but have not bothered to bring it since it takes up valuable luggage space, for us the minimal cost is worth it. I would recommend in your case just using the trail then you can go in and out all you want all day without worry about being tired.
DCL #5 Western- the Ann Morin annual "40th" birthday party 12/04/04

Ft. Lauderdale break from the snow 2/2005

Thanksgiving 2005 Star Princess

Easter with Mickey April 2006
AnnMorin is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: