Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > In Memoriam
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2001, 12:12 AM   #76
LisaTx
Domestic Goddess

Rest in peace, Sylvia.

Old 06-08-2001, 12:32 AM   #77
ChisJo
Cause afterall, a dream that you wish, will come true!

I'm so saddened by this news

May God keep her in his loving embrace and the family too. She will be in my prayers tonight.

Thank you Dan for sharing this news.

Joline
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-08-2001, 12:41 AM   #78
CDoobee
I'll never grow up!!
DD and I named our hamsters Rover and Bowser

I'm so sad to hear this, Dan. I, too, had looked forward to meeting her at Epcot with you, and was saddened when she had to cancel her trip. I'm so sorry for her family. Poor little Nick!

Old 06-08-2001, 01:03 AM   #79
TimNDansMom
Enjoys a leisurely lunch
WDW or (bus)t!
Was part of a "poop culture" phenomenon!

I am deeply saddened to read that Sylvia has left us. My computer has been down for a week and when I got back on this (Thursday) morning I searched for news about her. I did not know her, but she lived nearby and I feel a profound loss. I always enjoyed reading her posts. My heart goes out to her little boy, Nick, and her family.

Thank you Dan for being such a good friend to her and writing the beautiful tribute. I know you helped make her final days peaceful and loving.

Rest in peace, Sylvia.

Feb '86 Friend's House, Jan '87 Friend's House, July '00 Dixie Landings(now POR), Nov '00 Dixie Landings (no kids), Mar '01 HoJo MGE, July '01 CSR, ASMu, AKL, New Years '02 ASMu, March '02 ASMu, March '03 ASSp (no kids), Aug '03 CILBV (mini trip), Oct '03 ASSp (solo), March '04 Pop Century (no kids), July '04 POFQ, HRH, POP (2 moms & a teenager), Nov '04 Pop Century (2 moms), Feb '05 Pop Century (solo), May '05 Pop Century (w/Dan), July '05 HoJo DISNEYLAND, Nov '05 Pop Century, Jan '06 Pop Century, May '06 Pop Century (w/Dan), July '06 HoJo DISNEYLAND, Dec '06 Pop Century (MVMCP), Jan '07 HoJo DISNEYLAND, Oct '07 (MNSSHP) Pop Century, Nov '07 (2 moms MVMCP) Pop Century, Feb '08 HoJo DISNEYLAND (w/Tim & Dh), Oct '08 Pop Century, Jan '09 Pop Century, July '09 HoJo DISNEYLAND (w/Dan & Dh), Oct '09 Pop Century, Dec '10 (2 moms/Flickr photog group) Pop Century, May '11 Hawaii and HoJo DISNEYLAND, Oct '11 Pop Century , Jan '12 ASSp, Feb '12 HoJo DISNEYLAND, Dec '12 Pop Century, Jan '13 HoJo & Tinker Bell Half Marathon DISNEYLAND, Aug '13 Disneyland Hotel & Dumbo Double Dare Challenge, Planning~Nov '13 Pop Century & Wine & Dine Half Marathon

Old 06-08-2001, 01:25 AM   #80
Jenzebelle
Enrich your mind- read a banned book

What horrible and devastating news!
I always enjoyed reading Sylvia's posts. She radiated such kindness and humor in them.
My heart goes out to her family. May she be at peace now.
Old 06-08-2001, 01:52 AM   #81
bashful64
Hello
A touch is worth a thousand words

I didn't want to open this thread because I knew what it would say. I am sitting at my desk with tears flowing freely trying to figure a way to express my sadness. The DIS has truly lost a wonderful voice and the world a wonderful person. My heart breaks that Sylvia won't get to be here to watch her DS Nick grow up and that Nick will no longer get to feel the loving arms of his mother embrace him. My heart breaks for her mom who has had to watch her daughter suffer and fight a valiant fight against an opponent that in the end was just too strong. I pray that God gives her family strength in the days ahead.

Sylvia your kindness, warmth, sincerity and spirit will be missed at the DIS. Goodbye friend.
Old 06-08-2001, 02:52 AM   #82
shamrock
mickey ºoº

Unhappy

OMGosh, I am so sorry to hear this. I used to visit back in '99 and '00 when I had trips planned, but haven't in a very long time. I remember when NicksMom joined the boards, and when she was made a moderator. I am so very sad to hear this news. God Bless You, NicksMom. And may peace walk with Nick and keep him safe and loved in the absence of his Mom. Gosh, this is so sad ...
Old 06-08-2001, 03:07 AM   #83
snoopy
This space for rent
I run on Judi time
Got carded (we won't go into details ;) ).
Sunshine_On my shoulders_ Makes Me Happeeee.

Dear Sylvia is with the angels now, finally at peace.

I also never "met" Sylvia, but considered her among my dear friends. We'd exchange ocassional emails, and while Sylvia was fighting this horrible disease, she never lost her sense of humor. She was silly and funny and thoughtful and intelligent and truly warm. I will miss her so much.

Blessings to Nick, may he one day rejoice in the memory of his fine mother.

And Dan, I love you with all my heart, my friend. Everyone deserves a friend like you, and I'm glad that Sylvia had you, if only for a short time.
Old 06-08-2001, 03:54 AM   #84
disneyfan.uk
Mouseketeer

I am so sorry to hear of this sad news

Sending my thoughts and prayers to all her family and friends at this difficult time.

We were all so blessed at the Dis to of known her and read about her. She was one very special lady.

God Bless.
Old 06-08-2001, 04:06 AM   #85
Tinkbell
We called it, "Attack of the Speedos"!
Vrey inetrtesnig!

Thank you for sharing the sad news Dan. What a touching tribute you wrote for her. God bless her.
Old 06-08-2001, 04:09 AM   #86
BONZO
Has been known to go off topic!
Apparantly size does matter!
Enjoys a quick rub down with the Sporting Life

Unhappy

Hi,

I think that others have summed up the sentiment felt by everyone here already.

Being relatively new to the boards I can't recall the posts but my thoughts and prayers are with you at this time.

1988 ~ Contemporary ~ Honeymoon
1989 ~ Off site
1994 ~ EuroDisney
1999 ~ Off site
2001 ~ CBR (Aruba) ~ Poly (Tahiti)
2003 ~ WL & HRH
2004 ~ Pop Century, RPH, CSR, PBH, Contemporary
2007 ~ POR, HRH, GF
2008 ~ All star sports, BCV, RPH, Vero Beach, WLV
2010 ~ OKW ~ BCV ~ HRH ~POP Century ~ Vero Beach ~ VWL
Old 06-08-2001, 04:14 AM   #87
THE RAT
Mouseketeer

Wow This is so sad. My prayers are with the family and her son Nick I just seen the picture of him. No kids should have to go though with this very sad:D
Old 06-08-2001, 04:30 AM   #88
Lucky4me
****!

I am so sorry..... Sylvia will be in my heart forever. I'm glad she is out of her pain.....I'll be praying for Nick and the rest of Sylvias family.....
Old 06-08-2001, 04:32 AM   #89
Leota
DIS Veteran

Unhappy

As soon as I saw the thread, I lit my candle.....We have been praying for Sylvia & Nick & their family every night. Even tho I knew this might come soon, I was still unprepared for how terribly, terribly sad I would be.
Yesterday, I spent the day mourning friends I have lost to another disease, not even knowing that I was mourning Sylvia as well......

May you finally know Peace Sylvia, no more suffering, just the Comfort of being in the Arms of God.....
May you always "Be" with Nick, in his Heart & very much a Part of his Soul.....
I pray for Peace & Healing for Nick & Margrete.....
I pray for all the other brave & wonderful folks who struggle & fight this disease every day......
*~* Offsite 1973 ~ Fort Wilderness Cabins 1993,1995,1998 ~Disneyland, Offsite, 1997,1998 ~ All-Star Sports 1999 ~ Beach Club 2000 ~ Wilderness Lodge 2001 ~ Polynesian/Coronado Springs 2001 ~ Dolphin 2001 ~ Swan 2004 ~ Grand Floridian, Happy Haunts 2004 ~ Dolphin/Animal Kingdom Lodge 2005 ~ PO French Quarter 2005 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge / Swan 2005 ~ Swan 2006 ~ Swan 2006 ~ Dolphin 2007 ~Dolphin 2007 ~ Dolphin 2008 ~ Dolphin 2009 ~ Dolphin 2009 ~ Dolphin 2010 ~ Wyndham Lake Buena Vista 2011 ~ Windsor Hills 2011~ Swan 2012 ~ Bonnet Creek 2013 ~ Home from now on! *~*

Making our Florida Dreams Come True
Move In Day: June 10th, 2013.... Finally!!!

Old 06-08-2001, 04:58 AM   #90
Patrick IL.
Dis Poster

I did not have much contact with her, mainly learning of her struggle through The Dis. My prayers are for her son and mother at this time, I know that her pain is no more. I also know God was waiting for her with open arms.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: