Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2003, 01:14 PM   #1
airlarry!
Did you know some ferns date back to Prehistoric times?

Mouseplanet says Nemo may be coming to The Living Seas (and other rumors)

A short blurb on the WDW update today states that a Nemo meet & greet is on at the Living Seas, and the update hints that there may be a Nemo overlay of the entire attraction.

It also claims that COP and Timekeeper will be open during the Stitch overlay, and that Canada is getting a Brother Bear meet and greet.

See http://www.mouseplanet.com/parkupdat.../wdw030929.htm

The summer semester schedule is out, and classes are filling up, so contact the Admissions Office soon at www.july171955.com to sign up for Advanced Disney Studies 101. Check with your advisor for prerequisites specific to your area of interest.
airlarry! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 03:55 PM   #2
KNWVIKING
Registered

Larry, what exactly is the deal with Timekeepers, you or anybody out there know. When we were there over July 4th week, COP was open but not TK.
KNWVIKING is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2003, 05:09 PM   #3
Lesley
DIS Veteran

I've seen the COP and Timekeeper rumor before....but I'm not holding my breath for Timekeeper. We have been there on several very busy days in the past year or so (July 4th, day after Thanksgiving, late July...) and have not seen Timekeeper open since 2000. We've seen COP running quite often, and always catch it when we can. Its a sentimental favorite.

I second the request for any Timekeeper info! It would be nice to see it open again...it was one of my son's favorites when he was smaller.
Old 09-29-2003, 07:23 PM   #4
airlarry!

Vike, I don't know why they don't keep it open, other than a rumored lack of filled shows.

It seems to have relatively few cast members needed per show, and it was open in 01 when we went for E*ride night.

It's actually a great little show, but I have yet to ever be in there with it even half full. That might be the reason. My reason for the low numbers is that the area around is not signed well. Watch people wander around that area, and most either don't notice the entrance to the Timekeeper, or don't really understand what it is...ride, show, roller coaster, or museum? Just my opinion.

The summer semester schedule is out, and classes are filling up, so contact the Admissions Office soon at www.july171955.com to sign up for Advanced Disney Studies 101. Check with your advisor for prerequisites specific to your area of interest.
Old 09-29-2003, 07:30 PM   #5
KNWVIKING
Registered

I know what you mean about the enterance area..... it kinda gets lost with Buzz FP. I also wonder if standing up the whole time is a turnoff to repeat visitors like myself. I love to hop on the TTA just to give my feet a break. The last thing I want to do after walking all day is stand up to watch a movie.
KNWVIKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2003, 08:31 AM   #6
DancingBear
DIS Veteran

How do the China movie and the Canada movie do in terms of attendance? Personally, I think the 360 movie isn't worth the standing up, and having to constantly turn around to get the full effect. I really enjoy the movie in France--the 180 screen fills your field of vision, and you get to sit and just let it wash over you.
DancingBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 12:59 PM   #7
ralphd
DIS Veteran

Cool

The talk within the Living Seas says:

1. The Living Seas will add a Nemo attraction to replace the 9/11 retired ride.

2. They have 14 new types of fish in California ( I think that is the location) that will be added to the LS. Two are brown sharks and 2 are hammerhead sharks.

3. One of the dolphins is loaned out to a marine org up north in hopes of obtaining some young dolphin. The Seas will get half of any offspring.

ralphd
:D :D :D
ralphd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 01:23 PM   #8
airlarry!

DB, I am embarassed to admit that I have yet to see the France movie, and haven't seen the China nor the Canada movie since the park opened...

I will rectify that on my visit in December. I too am curious about the crowds at these. I wonder if the films at either of them have been changed?

As for the Living Seas, it is a travesty what has become of the wonderful attraction, at least as of my last visit in '01. This was one of my daughter's favorite areas in '95, and mgt has got to fix it up soon.

Old 10-02-2003, 01:52 PM   #9
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Part of the problem with The Timekeeper is that Disney removed the Timekeeper sign completely. We noticed this the last time we were at WDW and also noticed that the Buzz meet and greet is in the Timekeeper doorway. Unless they've returned the sign, I can't imagine that Timekeeper will open again.

It does seem that Disney is concentrating a lot on meet and greets lately.
Old 10-02-2003, 02:06 PM   #10
DancingBear
DIS Veteran

Larry, my recollection is that the China movie was recently (within the last year) updated, but that, despite periodic rumors to the contrary, the Canada film has never been updated.
DancingBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 06:36 PM   #11
doubletrouble_vb
Inspired

I love the Canada film. It's like being in a timewarp.

Anyway...I think the 360 films could be enhanced if they simply added round stools or a padded kneeling bench. I like them a lot but standing is a big drawback...I know that seeing one film is going to decrease my ability to stay in the parks.
doubletrouble_vb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2003, 04:39 PM   #12
Barb
A DIS Original!

We typically pass on the 360 movies for the same reason. We just don't want to stand for the attraction. I've always said a stool would be a great idea, but as my DH said, you can't fit as many people in the room that way. I had heard the China movie was recently updated, too.
I think adding anything Nemo would be a help to the LS. We've stopped going in there since they made all the changes.
Old 10-05-2003, 10:01 AM   #13
Micca
You gotta love a great plan like that
Will be spending some time with George Harrison
I have known whack-a-doodles in my day

I sure relate to the remarks about standing for the 360's, but if you sit you miss the point. When you stand and don't touch or lean on the railings, you get a slight sensation of movement during many of the scenes. Sort of the primitive version of the simulator rides. I agree that the Canada and France movies need updating(surely that couple getting married in the France movie are grandparents by now!) The little flick at the end of Maelstrom could stand freshening too.
Micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 07:01 AM   #14
Bella the Ball 360
Keyboarding is not my thing excuse typos.
I am going to have to sew "whoopie pie" pockets on the hips of my jeans

I agree about standing at the 360 movies. Sitting at an attraction is one of the ways to recharge especially if you go in the hottest time of the summer. As to the Maelstrom ride it is actually kind of funny the way they trap you before you can leave the actual ride and try to get you to go to the movie. I have only sat through it once and judging from the amount of people that walk out it must be the least attended of any of the movies.
Old 10-19-2003, 11:29 AM   #15
Disneybag
The suits won't allow it.

Rotating Stools?

Would that be so much to ask? Canada isn't worth the ache on the feet. That is...if you can find it.
Disneybag is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: