Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Welcome to the DIS
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2008, 07:10 PM   #1471
DisneyRainbows!
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsrtw View Post
I'm a newbie here too! I discovered the site yesterday and signed up today. I am planning a vacation sometime next Summer. I don't expect to post too much in the near future ~ I have plenty to read ahead of me! So many of my questions have already been answered.
WELCOME TO THE DIS!!

I hope you have an enjoyable experience here!!
DisneyRainbows! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 08:23 PM   #1472
neojacksparrow
Earning My Ears

cool
neojacksparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-27-2008, 07:46 AM   #1473
TinkerbellDani
Feeling the Magic

Guess that it's time to start planning our next trip. Have a 1 year old daughter who has yet to fall in love with the Mouse.
TinkerbellDani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 07:56 AM   #1474
TinkerbellDani
Feeling the Magic

Know the feeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinglesmome View Post
Just dropping by to say hello. I actually have been lurking for about two years and finally decided to start posting. I heard about DISboards while planning a trip to SeaWorld.

I've never been to Disney and would like to visit while my kids are still young. My DH doesn't like crowds and I never wanted to take the kids out of school for a vacation. We may reconsider and don't know when the best time to go would be.

It's tough to figure out when to go when you have to think about the kids schooling AND crowds. I am 28 now, but my first visit to Disney was when I was 13 years old. I have three younger brothers. We went to Disney for 2 weeks so that Thanksgiving would fall right during our vacation. We missed less than 2 weeks of school because of the holiday. It was not busy whatsoever (people have maybe discovered this by now cause each time we returned, it did seem to get busier at Thanksgiving.) It was the best time we ever had (and we have been back to Disney 5 times since). We got right onto the rides...and by that, I mean that we literally walked through the entire maze with no wait in front of us until we got onto the ride.

The crowds DEFINITELY will be there if you go during a school vacation. Since you said your kids were still young, they'd probably enjoy the trip more too if they weren't waiting in line half the time. Perhaps you can arrange for their teachers to come up with their homework/curriculum in advance. I remember my brothers and I always wrote some kind of report on our trip and presented it. We did research on different things and we truly learned something (especially at EPCOT). I would never have remembered those two weeks at school, but I will remember our first steps into the Magic Kingdom for the rest of my entire life.

Perhaps you could try a long weekend where a Monday was no school, such as Martin Luther King weekend, to reduce the time spent away from the classroom.

I truly hope you have a magical trip whenever you go.
Just my opinion.
TinkerbellDani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 11:41 AM   #1475
Mickeypal1
Earning My Ears

Smile

Hi! I am new here. I found out about this site from some people at the Doorway to Dreams get-together yesterday in Chicago. I am really excited to be here!
Mickeypal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 09:41 PM   #1476
disneygrandmom2007
Earning My Ears

Smile First post!

I am new to the Dis boards but definitely not new to WDW. I have lost count of how many trips to WDW I have made since my first trip in December, 1971. My DH, DD (33), and DS (30) love all things Disney just as much as I do. My DD even had a Disney Fairy Tale Wedding in 2005 in the Wedding Pavilion with the reception at the Boardwalk (which was very appropriate for a Jersey girl!). This month we took our 13 month old DGS for his first visit to WDW and I think we have another Disney fanatic in the family! We have already booked another visit in May, 2009. I am so glad my DD introduced me to this site!
Old 06-27-2008, 10:02 PM   #1477
fanofgrumpy
Earning My Ears

Hi I'm new to the site but absolutely love it and now have become addicted. I decided not to be just a lurker but to join in on the fun. Anyway, planning on a trip in the summer next year for my ds b-day.

1st trip 11/2000-offsite
06/2004-offsite
06/2005-POR
06/2007-AS Sports
08/2009-ASMv-for ds bday
fanofgrumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 02:06 PM   #1478
Tinkerbelle9980
Mouseketeer

Smile Hi from southern Indiana...

Hello everyone! I joined this site after months of lurking. Hope to get to know some posters soon!
Tinkerbelle9980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 10:40 PM   #1479
eeyore83066
Earning My Ears

Smile I'm new

I'm new here. I found this sight and fell in love. My family of 5 are going to "The World" December 24-28, 2008. Can't wait to get there. My DD8, first trip, mine and DH 22nd anniversary.
eeyore83066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 04:14 PM   #1480
CaptainBritain
The redcoats are back.

Hi......I'm a total noob here!!!!

Hi guys, I hope you don't mind (another) Brit invading your boards here! We are off to Orlando this August for the first time in 10 long years and it'll be the first time that either of my daughters have been too. Let's just say they are more than slightly looking forward to visiting Micky mouse and friends at the parks!
I will post for some help, advice and comments on other relevent threads too as our youngest daughter has cerebral palsy and I have more than a few questions and query's that need answering. Anyway it's been around 2 months now since I started listening to the DIS podcast and I have to say it's excellent!
I hope I'll be welcomed with open arms on here as I've heard this board is a great place to be!

Regards, Mark.

Last edited by CaptainBritain; 07-01-2008 at 04:29 PM.
CaptainBritain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 06:46 AM   #1481
twinglesmome
Mouseketeer

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellDani View Post
It's tough to figure out when to go when you have to think about the kids schooling AND crowds. I am 28 now, but my first visit to Disney was when I was 13 years old. I have three younger brothers. We went to Disney for 2 weeks so that Thanksgiving would fall right during our vacation. We missed less than 2 weeks of school because of the holiday. It was not busy whatsoever (people have maybe discovered this by now cause each time we returned, it did seem to get busier at Thanksgiving.) It was the best time we ever had (and we have been back to Disney 5 times since). We got right onto the rides...and by that, I mean that we literally walked through the entire maze with no wait in front of us until we got onto the ride.

The crowds DEFINITELY will be there if you go during a school vacation. Since you said your kids were still young, they'd probably enjoy the trip more too if they weren't waiting in line half the time. Perhaps you can arrange for their teachers to come up with their homework/curriculum in advance. I remember my brothers and I always wrote some kind of report on our trip and presented it. We did research on different things and we truly learned something (especially at EPCOT). I would never have remembered those two weeks at school, but I will remember our first steps into the Magic Kingdom for the rest of my entire life.

Perhaps you could try a long weekend where a Monday was no school, such as Martin Luther King weekend, to reduce the time spent away from the classroom.

I truly hope you have a magical trip whenever you go.
Just my opinion.
Thanks. I see that you are a newbie here too. Welcome!

I agree that it would not be fun to spend a lot of our time waiting in lines--that's not what I want to remember about vacation. I guess I just need to convince myself that it is okay to miss school for a few days. I was thinking of maybe trying to go this fall, but now with the economy the way it is, I am not sure we can afford it. Now that is another reason to go in the off season...
twinglesmome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 01:22 PM   #1482
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

Hi, folks. I'm new to these boards, too, but not to Disney. Did my first trip in 1971, when they still had the A-E rides (dating myself, I know). Then went on my honeymoon and a couple of anniversaries. Took my kid there twice (ages 7 and 15). She's now 18 and wants to go again! At least she'll still go with me! We're shooting for January, 2009, when she'll be on college break but it's still value season.

Looking forward to learning lots between now and then, and especially when the rates go in for 2009. Wonder what the promotion will be for 2009?
snykymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 02:21 PM   #1483
atanis
Earning My Ears

Hello to all,

I just joined after over a year of visiting this forum. Thanks in advance to all for future advice!
atanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 02:22 PM   #1484
mainspring
Earning My Ears

This board is strange

Why cant I post my email address?
mainspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 02:27 PM   #1485
2_Eagle_Mom
Kungaloosh!!

Happy 4th!

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking for the past week (reading trip reports) and decided to join today. I'm really looking forward to getting a bunch of new tips on planning for our 25th Anniversary trip next May.

My question: is there a thread that teaches how to add all the fancy stuff to your signature? I'd love to add a countdown and pictures, but I'm not a computer wiz so I haven't been able to figure it out just yet.

Thanks in advance for all the help!
2_Eagle_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote