Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Welcome to the DIS
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2007, 10:11 AM   #661
avasmom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by pl'smama View Post
It is wonderful to be here and great to read everyone's comments. I feel like this is a continuance of our WDW vacation from December 2006.

Avasmom, we stayed at POFQ and we loved it!! I would stay there again, in a heart beat.

Happy New Year!!

Thanks!! That's wonderful to hear! We are really excited!
avasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 12:08 PM   #662
pl'smama
A distant relation

Pofq

Avasmom, we are also a family of three and the room size at POFQ was perfect. The DD is almost four so we asked for and received a bed rail because the beds are a bit high. If you need one ask for it when you check in and they will deliver it to your room.

Are you taking the Magical Express? It is a great service, but the wait for your luggage to be delivered is several hours. I suggest you pack your swimsuits in your carry on ( they have towels there) in case you do not go out to a park right away. We did not pack the swimsuits and I regretted it. We were all too tired to head out to a park at five pm so we stayed at the resort. The luggage arrived shortly after 6pm (we got there at 3pm). We passed the time at first by getting something to eat, checking out the grounds, shopping, but it would have been nice for our DD to swim right away. Sorry for my two cents

Have a wonderful time on your trip!!
pl'smama is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2007, 03:30 PM   #663
avasmom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Avasmom, we are also a family of three and the room size at POFQ was perfect. The DD is almost four so we asked for and received a bed rail because the beds are a bit high. If you need one ask for it when you check in and they will deliver it to your room.

Are you taking the Magical Express? It is a great service, but the wait for your luggage to be delivered is several hours. I suggest you pack your swimsuits in your carry on ( they have towels there) in case you do not go out to a park right away. We did not pack the swimsuits and I regretted it. We were all too tired to head out to a park at five pm so we stayed at the resort. The luggage arrived shortly after 6pm (we got there at 3pm). We passed the time at first by getting something to eat, checking out the grounds, shopping, but it would have been nice for our DD to swim right away. Sorry for my two cents

Have a wonderful time on your trip!!

Thank you!!Our DD is 4 as well! We are actually flying into Sanford and renting a car, they had a special $49 each way per person, so we couldn't pass that up! But, we may just check out the resort on the first evening, so keeping the swimsuits handy is a great idea!

Thanks also for the tip about the bed rail.
avasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 04:33 PM   #664
car55
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks car55, I appreciate the help.

I recently met a lady at work who went to WDW a few weeks before me and now we have our trips in common (as well as this insesant need for all things Disney!!). But we chat about things that other people think is nuts. But it keeps the trip and memories alive!! Now, just flipping through our photos on the computer and watching the video of the fireworks brings me right back there. I hope you can get to go this summer. Do you have children? I have one daugther, aged three, almost four. She keeps asking when we can go back!!

Sorry, the laundry guys have no significance at this point, but I really wanted to try them!!
Thanks I'm going to try for this summer. My GF has a 9 yo son. A friend of mine is coming back today. He stayed at wilderness lodge. i;m shure talking to him about his trip will realy get me motivated to see what I can do for this summer.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:35 PM   #665
KarenRosieRay
Earning My Ears

Hi

Hi guys. Brand new here!! Wanting to go to Disney in Oct. And am starting some research!!! Can't wait to meet everyone!!
KarenRosieRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 03:09 PM   #666
SimmerBaggins
DIS Veteran

Hullo!

Another Newbie...been to DW twice, going back again in March. This time & last, we stayed in a timeshare right on the main street just outside the DW gates/main street -- I'm so not remembering everything right!! It's kind of disheartening not to go stay in a resort, and we wanted to try the mealplan thing, but it's a no-go without a resort stay. But, for the price we are paying (pittance) for the room, we just won't make the leap to stay on the reservation.

Maybe next time....

In any case, my very best friend told me about this board, and although I don't have a lot of extra time on my hands, I do want to "beef up" on the best advice before we go again! Thanks for putting this together!!

Two moms get away to act like teenagers...or do they? http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2739158
SimmerBaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 03:11 PM   #667
SimmerBaggins
DIS Veteran

Oh no!!!

EWWWW!!!! My post number was #666!!! This can't be a good start!

Two moms get away to act like teenagers...or do they? http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2739158
SimmerBaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 11:21 PM   #668
graeme1299
Mouseketeer

Goin' in September. Tons of great stuff here.
graeme1299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 08:22 PM   #669
Delphis
This space for rent

Add me to the list of new peeps.
Delphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 11:59 AM   #670
JBrown9538
First Timer

Hi all! I am another newbie! We are leaving Apr 20-27 and I am overwhelmed. We are staying at CBR and I have already booked a few character meals, Hoop De Doo and Fantasmic but I feel like I am missing so many things! Help!
Old 01-18-2007, 08:22 PM   #671
CarrieMc
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone. I've been to WDW several times, but I'm researching our first cruise. I found a lot of great information on this site and decided to register. I'm a regular on the Tagrel site. I have a son, Tyler, who just turned 3. He doesn't know it yet, but he'll be a future Disneyholic like his Mommy.
CarrieMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 08:37 AM   #672
Florida-Marlin
Earning My Ears

Hi everybody

Im new here and Im glad that I found that page . Im from Germany , and we are visiting the USA for the seventh time this year in September.

This year we are going for the first time to Disney .

We are staying at the Comfort Suites Maingate East for 23 Days . we have a Ultimate Disney ticket for 21 Days, and a 21 Day Sea World/Busch Gardens Ticket ( love Kraken ).

Now that I found that Board I can collect so much Info about Disney to make it a fantasic Trip.

Thanks to everybody who write in this board an give me so much Info

Florida-Marlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 02:56 PM   #673
1disneychic
Mouseketeer

Hi, first time poster here

Just wanted to say Hi to everyone. I have been lurking for a long time, and I just decided to go ahead and register. I love finding out all the great stuff the DIS Boards has, and I hope to find out more. One question--I would like one of those cool countdown timers--can anyone help me out? Thanks!

Ellen
1disneychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:09 PM   #674
donnajean17
Dreaming about my next trip....

Thanks!

Just discovered this site from a co-worker, can't wait to explore it!!

Dec 1979, April 1995, Dec 1996, Oct 1998, Sept 1999, March 2000, Oct 2002, Oct 2003, Feb 2007, April 2009, March 2010, May 2011
donnajean17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 08:42 PM   #675
Yellowdaisy
Donald is my hero!

Smile Hello Everyone!

I am new here, I love WDW and thought I would sign on boad to meet other Disney Fan(atics).
I am happy to be here!
Yellowdaisy is offline   Reply With Quote