Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Welcome to the DIS
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2012, 08:44 AM   #2971
sewsweet
Earning My Ears

Hi all,
I'm new too! (well sort of)
I signed up for my account way back in I think February, and just "stalked" around to see what this was all about.
Well, I'm VERY impressed and glad I'm here.

I used to be a member on another site that sadly dropped its forums. I was missing some Disney camaraderie.

As you can tell by my "name", I'm a sewer (seamstress, fabric lover/hoarder, etc.)
I am also a crafter of all kinds, which often gets me in alot trouble.

I am very eager to see what is available here and participate.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:55 AM   #2972
FancyNancy
Princess

Hi Everyone! Just introducing myself. My daughter and I are going to be at Disney in 3 weeks plus change! I joined up in March so I though I would pop in and say hey!

I notice a ton of abbreviations used on the boards. It would be so helpful if someone could start a thread with a list of those abbreviations and what they are short for so some of us newbies wouldn't be so confused! (or maybe it's just me)

FancyNancy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2012, 09:05 AM   #2973
sewsweet
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyNancy View Post
Hi Everyone! Just introducing myself. My daughter and I are going to be at Disney in 3 weeks plus change! I joined up in March so I though I would pop in and say hey!

I notice a ton of abbreviations used on the boards. It would be so helpful if someone could start a thread with a list of those abbreviations and what they are short for so some of us newbies wouldn't be so confused! (or maybe it's just me)
I would love to know what the abbreviations are too.
Some I can figure out, but some I can't.

Thank you!
Old 04-06-2012, 11:07 AM   #2974
lovetoscrap
Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there
Please bring back the Gecko and dump the stupid eyeballs
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

About 6 threads below this one is a thread will most of the abbreviations you will see here.

SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
lovetoscrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:59 PM   #2975
sewsweet
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetoscrap View Post
About 6 threads below this one is a thread will most of the abbreviations you will see here.
Thank you!
Old 04-07-2012, 09:23 AM   #2976
Freckleflower
Earning My Ears

Hi all!
Just browsing and trying to get use to this.

Hope you are all having a nice Easter

Me - 23
DF - 26

First Trip October 2012

Freckleflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 04:16 PM   #2977
daryl82much
Earning My Ears

New to the board. Planning a trip in '13 with my kids and their families (16 people) and our two exchange students that we've had (2 + 5). My one daughters in-laws want to come also (2) and my other daughters in-laws will come if their daughter and family can come (2 + 5). So far, that's 32 My one daughters friend wants to bring her family also (5) Was going to be the nice grandpa/dad and buy everybody Mickey Bars, but I think that's out. I think it's turning into a trip where you might just see some of the others and maybe not.(

Couple questions. What are pins (something to do with discounts) and when can one start to make reservations for 2013? Also, my one daughter has 6 in her family and the other has 5. What's the best deal over all, being most value resorts only hold 4?

Enjoying reading all the post.

Daryl (11 trips and counting)
daryl82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 05:36 PM   #2978
THEVACATIONFAMILY
Mouseketeer

Talking Welcome

Well first off, let me start out by saying "WELCOME" to the best site for everything Disney. Pins are codes that may be attached to your name when you call Disney Reservations, you have to ask if there may be a code attached to your name. You get these by ordering Vacation Planning DVD's, save up Vacations on DisneyWorld.com also order free maps from the Disney website. Also, AAA Auto Insurance has discounts for members or Disney's Visa Card has discounts as well. These all will help you save on your vacation. Now through any Value Resorts, you can requests adjoining rooms, but I would ask way in advance, that way you'll know for sure that you can get adjoining rooms. I hope I answered some of your questions, if not, I know someone, who has more knowledge about these subjects, will be able to assist you. Have a magical day and I hope your trip will be the best trip ever
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl82much View Post
New to the board. Planning a trip in '13 with my kids and their families (16 people) and our two exchange students that we've had (2 + 5). My one daughters in-laws want to come also (2) and my other daughters in-laws will come if their daughter and family can come (2 + 5). So far, that's 32 My one daughters friend wants to bring her family also (5) Was going to be the nice grandpa/dad and buy everybody Mickey Bars, but I think that's out. I think it's turning into a trip where you might just see some of the others and maybe not.(

Couple questions. What are pins (something to do with discounts) and when can one start to make reservations for 2013? Also, my one daughter has 6 in her family and the other has 5. What's the best deal over all, being most value resorts only hold 4?

Enjoying reading all the post.

Daryl (11 trips and counting)

Halloween At Disney World!!!!!!
Who can ask for anything more?

THEVACATIONFAMILY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 06:09 PM   #2979
ReeceRN
Earning My Ears

Talking New to the forums

Hello everyone! First post to the boards, just getting my feet wet! Love the site! My family and I took our first trip to WDW last April and LOVED IT (as we knew we would)! This site has kept me informed and excited about our next trip! Thanks for all the hard work and keep it up!

1st Trip Details:
Apr 16-23 2011
Camped at Fort Wilderness (I will definitely be on those forums!)
Experienced all 4 parks (Did the total Disney Rookie move and ran my family
ragged from 7-8am until 10-11pm every day)
Had dining plan that was a life saver!
Great experience for all of us!
ReeceRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 03:27 PM   #2980
daryl82much
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the info on pins. Think I'll start playing around on the Disney site. Free maps would be fun just to study and of course a vacation planning video is great fun to watch and dream over. Thanks again
daryl82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 04:59 PM   #2981
THEVACATIONFAMILY
Mouseketeer

Talking You Are Very Welcome

Just wanted to reply back to say, You Are Very Welcome. Just remember, people here are either first timers and or just Love Everything Disney, you'll always somehow find an answer here. May you a terrific Easter and have a Magical Day. I know we have a trip planned for late August, and I know, I truly cannot wait, I LOVE EVERYTHING DISNEY. Once again, you are very welcome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl82much View Post
Thanks for the info on pins. Think I'll start playing around on the Disney site. Free maps would be fun just to study and of course a vacation planning video is great fun to watch and dream over. Thanks again

Halloween At Disney World!!!!!!
Who can ask for anything more?

THEVACATIONFAMILY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:03 PM   #2982
dreamondreamer
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamondreamer View Post
I have no idea what I'm doing. Sorry!
dreamondreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:38 PM   #2983
lovetoscrap
Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there
Please bring back the Gecko and dump the stupid eyeballs
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamondreamer View Post
I have no idea what I'm doing. Sorry!
Is there something I can help you with? You seem to have figured out how to post. We prefer you don't just post random smilies on threads.

SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
lovetoscrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:59 PM   #2984
terzy
Earning My Ears

thank you I'm glad to be here with all of you
terzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:50 AM   #2985
hujh2012
Earning My Ears

welcome
hujh2012 is offline   Reply With Quote