Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Welcome to the DIS
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2010, 12:58 PM   #2236
Disney Dancin'
Dancing at the Happiest Place on Earth!

First post! Hi everyone!

Hello from Iowa! Soooo excited for our upcoming trip #4 to the World Our very first trip to WDW was just our family of five's regular summer vacation (1998 - Dixie Landings). And now this will be our third trip made due to our lifelong love of all things DANCE! We have done the Disney Magic Music Days performances with our old studio twice with the entire family going (2001 - ASMov and 2004 - ASMus), and this trip will consist of myself with my youngest DD17, she has her dance Nationals at the Coronado Springs Resort July 1-9...we are tacking on a few extra days just to be sure we get in everything we want to do and see, so will be there June 29-July 10! My oldest DD24 and her DBF also decided to come along separately on their own self-sufficient (woo hoo, that feels great to say! lol) vacation this summer from July 2-9...so my dilemma then has been my poor middle DD19 who is (was??) currently being relegated to staying home with my DH...we are trying to do this trip on the cheap as it was a totally unplanned for expense, and really probably have no business doing to begin with. It didn't take too much arm twisting by my daughter's fellow competition dance team friends to get us to also come along so they could compete all their group dances, not just solos. I am a sucker when it comes to Disney, so we are going for it!!! But I just feel sad for the middle DD. It wasn't going to be too sad at first to leave her behind, because she does A LOT of traveling with her university's dance team, but now, heartbreakingly she is not going to be able to continue being on the team for the upcoming school year, so doesn't have their summer camp/traveling and rehearsals and the like to soften the blow of us being gone. Sooooo, since her birthday is July 11, I have secretly gotten her an airline ticket at a grrrreat price, and am going to spring for the extra 10 bucks a day to add her to our room ressie...all she has to do is pay for her own PH-er pass and her food...which is very doable with the rest of the birthday money she will get from her grandparents plus a little of her own paycheck from her nannying job! Thankfully she put in a time off request with her nanny family for the week that we will be at Disney as she and my hubby/her daddy were going to take a little car trip to Chicago for the weekend to at least do a little something special while the rest of us are living it up in Orlando. However, now I have to break the news to my DH that I have gone and done this secret add-on trip for DD19, when we are really trying to be budget conscious. He will be okay with it, I know, because I would have spent close to the same amount I did on her airfare/lodging as I would on any other birthday gift I got for her Right??? Right???? Please think of me as I break the news to him sometime this week, hahahaha! Anyway, I am very excited to spring the surprise on DD19...love spreading the Disney Magic! (Oh, and don't feel bad for my DH not to be joining us, he got to do DTD and Epcot while at his annual national meeting in January, whilst the rest of us were stuck in record cold and snow here in the "tundra"! )

Here is to a successful Nationals for DD17 and to our all around fun time I know is in store for us!

Well, that is my story so far...and I am sticking to it! I have been reading days of posts on a couple of the forums...so glad I have that to give me an outlet for my constant thinking of our trip!!! Great info, love it, even though this is our 4th time out of the gate

Looking forward to chiming in now! (gotta figure out how to do the tickers, siggies, and other cool stuff I am seeing everyone else doing!)
TIA for allowing me to introduce myself!

Disney Dancin'
Disney Dancin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 04:59 PM   #2237
Miriade
Mouseketeer

First time in this forum so: Hello!

Hello folks!
First time I'm posting and I am enchanted to have found this forum... I hope it will help me to get tips the travel agencies do not tell people like me planning my very first travel do WDW...
I'm 34 years old and im September I will stay for almost 3 weeks in Orlando; just me and my fiancče!
Great to be in here!
Miriade is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-10-2010, 06:07 PM   #2238
alisa458
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone! I am brand new and earning my ears. I have joined this site to aid me in planning the ultimate Disney vacation. We are hoping to go late Sept. I am looking for advice as to the best place to stay, restaurants, etc. I heard you could rent Disney time shares, but how? Which monorail hotel is best for a family of three?
thanks!
-Alisa
alisa458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 06:09 PM   #2239
alisa458
Earning My Ears

Which hotel have you enjoyed the most and why?
alisa458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 06:19 PM   #2240
lovetoscrap
Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there
Please bring back the Gecko and dump the stupid eyeballs
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisa458 View Post
Hi everyone! I am brand new and earning my ears. I have joined this site to aid me in planning the ultimate Disney vacation. We are hoping to go late Sept. I am looking for advice as to the best place to stay, restaurants, etc. I heard you could rent Disney time shares, but how? Which monorail hotel is best for a family of three?
thanks!
-Alisa
Quote:
Originally Posted by alisa458 View Post
Which hotel have you enjoyed the most and why?
Welcome! You won't get many answers to your questions in this thread. Take a look around our Forums and you will find specific boards for the things you are looking for. We have a DVC Specific set of forums that you can look at for Renting Points and Disney Resorts Board will all sorts of information on the different resorts. You will, however, find that there are fans of every resort so you may want to look at our www.wdwinfo.com site with descriptions of each one, and the FAQ threads on the Resorts Board and see what you think will fit your family best. What one person loves, another may not-- you will find a huge variety of opinions on these boards!

SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
lovetoscrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 01:22 PM   #2241
Mandyjg20
Mouseketeer

hello all
I love Disney World, def my favorite place in the world. I have gone 9 times total, my dd has gone 4 times(she is 4 years old)
I love learning even more about disney, so here I am
Amanda

Me (27), DD (7), DHubby2be (34)
Mandyjg20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 02:59 PM   #2242
JoePa4Ever
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandyjg20 View Post
hello all
I love Disney World, def my favorite place in the world. I have gone 9 times total, my dd has gone 4 times(she is 4 years old)
I love learning even more about disney, so here I am
Amanda
welcome! - glad to have you on the DIS
September 2008 - Pop Century
September 2009 - Pop Century
September 2010 - Pop Century
April 2011 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
December 2011 - Pop Century
September 2012 - Caribbean Beach
September 2013 - Wilderness Lodge
September 2014 - Caribbean Beach
JoePa4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:59 PM   #2243
onescgirl
DIS Veteran

Is there a limit on how many threads you can subscribe to? The past few that I've subscribed to is not showing up in my subscribed list.

2012 PTR In Progress: 2012 PTR ~ Skipping Skool for Free Dining!
Trip Report: Sept 2010 TR ~ ♥ Vacay with the Lovebugs ♥ ~ 2010 PTR: 2010 PTR ~ 'The Non-Catchy Title PTR'
onescgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:41 PM   #2244
lovetoscrap
Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there
Please bring back the Gecko and dump the stupid eyeballs
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by onescgirl View Post
Is there a limit on how many threads you can subscribe to? The past few that I've subscribed to is not showing up in my subscribed list.
Not that I know of. I have about 1500 on my list. You might ask about this on the Technical Support Board found towards the bottom of the main page.

SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
lovetoscrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 02:42 PM   #2245
iheartdw
Earning My Ears

New and Excited!

I want to thank the disboards!!! I have just joined but have spent many hours reading posts. I used all the wonderful info to plan my last 2 trips to dw (the other trips were when I was a kid). My last trip was over Thanksgiving with my extended family. They started calling me "the travel agent" because I knew so much. All thanks to ya'll!!!
iheartdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:19 PM   #2246
edsul
Earning My Ears

Cool A newbie writes for the first time

After listening to the podcasts for so long I finally decided to join The Dis. So much information, so little time to answer!
edsul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 11:07 AM   #2247
gaugerla
Earning My Ears

Newbie to DISboards!

So excited for our Nov. 2010 trip to WDW! Can't even express how much I have learned about "The World" from this website!

(Hopefully my countdown ticker will work on this post!)
Old 05-19-2010, 08:35 AM   #2248
JoePa4Ever
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartdw View Post
I want to thank the disboards!!! I have just joined but have spent many hours reading posts. I used all the wonderful info to plan my last 2 trips to dw (the other trips were when I was a kid). My last trip was over Thanksgiving with my extended family. They started calling me "the travel agent" because I knew so much. All thanks to ya'll!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by edsul View Post
After listening to the podcasts for so long I finally decided to join The Dis. So much information, so little time to answer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaugerla View Post
So excited for our Nov. 2010 trip to WDW! Can't even express how much I have learned about "The World" from this website!

(Hopefully my countdown ticker will work on this post!)
welcome! to all three of you
Old 05-19-2010, 11:52 PM   #2249
sheray
Earning My Ears

Cool Hi there, I am new

Hi People! I am greatful that I wwill be able to be a part of the discussion at long last, see you around guys!
sheray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:20 AM   #2250
JoePa4Ever
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheray View Post
Hi People! I am greatful that I wwill be able to be a part of the discussion at long last, see you around guys!
welcome! - glad you decided to join the DIScussion