Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Welcome to the DIS
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2009, 12:29 PM   #1921
**Opal**
Earning My Ears

Smile So glad I joined

My husband and daughter will be going to WDW in Nov. We're staying at the Wilderness Lodge. I'm sooooo excited to go.
**Opal** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 05:02 PM   #1922
bbreeden
First timer!! Counting down to Aug 29th

Hi everyone! this is my first post on Dis Boards and my first trip to Disney. Can any one tell me what I should definalty not miss out on? My 3 yr old daughter is a princess and we need to treat her with royalty..

Really we just want to have the trip of a life time with her and show her as much as we can. Thanks
bbreeden is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-25-2009, 12:24 PM   #1923
NoahsMommy3
Earning My Ears

Talking New here & SOOOO Stinking Excited!!!!!!

I have a wonderful week planned for October 10-17th for my family. It will include myself, DH and DS! I'm not sure who's more excited about it! We are planning on staying at All Star Movies! I'm trying to get myself overwhelmed with all the info that I've been reading because it's all very helpful! I'm also trying not to make an "official" itinerary because I don't want to stress if something doesn't go as planned! Again...I'm just sooooooo excited and soooooooo glad I found the board!!!!

~My Dreams are Coming True~
Becky

27.2lbs away from my Disney Vacation weight loss goal!

Me (29)
DH (34)
DS (2)
NoahsMommy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:47 PM   #1924
descamilla
Earning My Ears

Thumbs up

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone on DIS for all of the helpful tips. My wife and I will be visiting WDW this October 6 through 11 in celebration of my birthday (Like we really needed an excuse to visit.) We'll be staying at AKL Kilamanjaro Club and we can hardly wait for the fun to begin.

Last edited by descamilla; 06-26-2009 at 11:58 PM.
descamilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 04:37 PM   #1925
DisneyGirl2023
Earning My Ears

FIRST POST i am leaving for disney in like two and a half weeks cant want and info has been very helpful because i am a teenager and the teen forum is great this is my ninth year going cant wait
DisneyGirl2023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 07:41 AM   #1926
Luisa
Mouseketeer

Hello from a newbie!

Hi everyone! I'm joining you from Melbourne, Australia. Making my first trip to WDW first week of December and these boards have provided me with a wealth of information! Will be travelling solo but have no problems with this as I have done Disneyland solo twice as well as Hong Kong Disneyland - I actually prefer to travel alone as then I can do the things I want to! This will be my fourth trip to the US but my first going down to Florida. I've decided to stay at Pop Century as it means I can save a few dollars to buy LOTS of gifts (as I always do), plus the only thing I'll be doing there really is sleeping so I don't need to go super swanky!
Luisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 09:23 AM   #1927
vroom

So excited to be here. Hubby and I are taking our daughter, 3 and or son 2, to Disney World in January. It will be the first trip for all of us!
vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 08:51 AM   #1928
MacKellarG
Earning My Ears

Thanks Pete - I'm new to this

We're going to be staying at Coronado Springs at Christmas - never tried that resort before and just looking for hints on which areas our DIS Boardmembers would suggest for bus, foodcourt access, etc?
MacKellarG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:33 AM   #1929
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacKellarG View Post
We're going to be staying at Coronado Springs at Christmas - never tried that resort before and just looking for hints on which areas our DIS Boardmembers would suggest for bus, foodcourt access, etc?
Best place to start looking is here:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2107175
Post your questions and lots of helpful CSR fans will be happy to answer!
Old 07-03-2009, 04:17 PM   #1930
LSlycord
Earning My Ears

I'm a newbie here. DH and I were at DisneyWorld about 10 years ago. This will be our first trip with kids. Planning to go in November for 5 nights. DD will be 5 1/2 and DS will turn 7 on the trip.

Can't wait to get more info.
LSlycord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:41 PM   #1931
kelander
Earning My Ears

bump

wHAT DOES THAT MEAN "BUMP"
kelander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 09:30 PM   #1932
Pure_Imagination
CP Spring 2010?

I just joined the DIS boards! What a great site! Extremely helpful and the Disney love just jumps off the screen I got to go to Disney World with my school and absolutely loved it! The bad part was, since I was with my school I was limited to all that I could do. Now I'm going to be applying for the Disney College Program in Spring 2010 and I'm soooooo excited! To have the chance to live, work, and play in Disney World for five months would just be the best! Now I'm realizing I should take a look around the rest of the boards(not just the College Board forum) to familiarize myself more with the parks. Everything sounds so exciting and fun! Clearly one day with a school group doesn't do Disney justice Though it was an extremely fun day, and I did get to do *a lot*! I road my first rollercoaster during that trip (besides little kid ones, that is ), even if they weren't that big of ones- I still don't ride ones that loop! Mostly I like doing the indoor ones. Anyway, I just hope I get to go back so I can experience everything- all of the attractions, the shows, dining, more characters. Disney is pretty much the definition of fun and excitement
Pure_Imagination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 10:16 PM   #1933
mickeymit
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

There is so much information on these boards - great stuff!!

Thanks!!
mickeymit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 10:21 PM   #1934
mickeymit
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelander View Post
wHAT DOES THAT MEAN "BUMP"
When someone adds a message that says "bump", they are trying to get the thread back to the top of the forum list. For example, if the put out a thread about points they wanted to rent, but no one responded right away, a search for points available for rent might show their thread, but with a lot of newer threads above it. If a message is posted to the thread (as simple as writing "bump"), it shows up as a current thread as opposed to being dated.
mickeymit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 01:54 AM   #1935
disdancer
Earning My Ears

Whoa! I just found this site today. There is so much helpful information!! I wish I had found this earlier!! Thanks DIS!
disdancer is offline   Reply With Quote