Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Welcome to the DIS
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2009, 10:07 AM   #1906
Beth09
Earning My Ears

Looks Great!

This site looks great! Thanks for all the info!
Beth09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 08:05 AM   #1907
kansler
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebmasterPete View Post
Congratulations! You've found your way to the largest and liveliest Disney discussion forums on the web!! We have more than 40 forums here dealing with everything from Disney theme parks, resorts, restaurants, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland and much, much more.

This forum is designed to help our new visitors navigate their way around our site, and our discussion forums. Please feel free to ask any questions you might have about our guidelines, forums or any of the information we have contained on our web site. We're glad you've chosen to join us and hope you will stay around a while!

Pete Werner
Webmaster
kansler is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-09-2009, 01:09 PM   #1908
Ilovehorses
Earning My Ears

Hi I am new

My name is Liz and I am 25 years old and have cerebral palsy and I am new to this board.
Ilovehorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:25 PM   #1909
Rissa773
Earning My Ears

Help!!!

Hello all! I am very very new at this, however I have many questions! I just got back from my first trip to Disney with my Fiancée, and we sat through a DVC meeting. We are very interested, however are a little hesitant at the same time. We are in our mid-twenties and are not sure if this will be worth our while for the time being.

I love the idea that there are resorts all around the world, so we are not limited to just Disney. I would like to hear some feedback from you guys if anyone has been to the other resorts besides the Disney ones (which are BEAUTIFUL!).

Also, since all we can afford at the moment is the 160pt package, is that enough to do more than one vacation usually? That is my biggest worry; I need at least one vacation a year, hopefully 2! Also, how does it work to add on points? What do they come out to per point? I believe our guide told us $112, and they would double our down payment, but is that the best incentive or should I ask for another? I saw in some of the forums that they are discounting the price per point-wouldn't that be a better deal?

So many questions!

Thank you all for reading and I can’t wait for all of your helpful answers!

Carissa
Rissa773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:39 PM   #1910
lovetoscrap
Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there
Please bring back the Gecko and dump the stupid eyeballs
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rissa773 View Post
Hello all! I am very very new at this, however I have many questions! I just got back from my first trip to Disney with my Fiancée, and we sat through a DVC meeting. We are very interested, however are a little hesitant at the same time. We are in our mid-twenties and are not sure if this will be worth our while for the time being.

:

These are all great questions that you need to ask on our DVC boards. It is very unlikely that you will get any answers here. Please repost on the DVC board and you should get lots of great input. And to the DIS!

SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
lovetoscrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 04:17 PM   #1911
wesleysdad
Earning My Ears

good afternoon

sorry, i posted the same thing twice

Last edited by wesleysdad; 06-09-2009 at 04:26 PM. Reason: entered twice
wesleysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 04:19 PM   #1912
wesleysdad
Earning My Ears

good afternoon

Hello everyone, been listening to the podcast for about 6 months now during my walks, not familiar at all with boards, trying to figure out all the links, incredible how many, anyway thanks to the podcast crew for keeping me company I have lost 25 pounds. Hopefully we will take my son to Magic Kingdom for the first time soon, we want both grandparents to go but have not been able to because of health problems the economy blah, blah blah. look forward to learning more about the boards.
wesleysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:14 PM   #1913
Rissa773
Earning My Ears

Hi Lovetoscrap,

Thank you...like I said im really new at this and connot for th life of me figure these db's out! I think I posted it now on the right board...I hope so at least!

Thanks again!
Carissa
Rissa773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 01:43 AM   #1914
etraveler
Earning My Ears

podcasts

podcasts are great, got them on my I phone! Don't ask me how my older daughter did it. Fun and informative..

We recently went to Disney World.. First time with the kids.. They loved it!

One thing I was disappointing with was some of the restaurants in the Disney area. We tried to go to something not on disney property but it still felt like a tourist trap. I will not say the name. Think we will venture out further into Orlando next time to seek out something, well let's just say less touristy and more of a local favorite. Someone told me Dr. Phillips area???

Any ideas??

etraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 08:50 AM   #1915
eksb327
Mouseketeer

Thanks

Thanks for the welcome! Looking forward to planning our next trip!

Erin
eksb327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 02:07 PM   #1916
Forever Red
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone I am new to the boards. my girlfriend has been on here for a while and I finally made my own account!
Forever Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 04:56 PM   #1917
jayaraiza
Earning My Ears

Talking Newbie

Hello All. So happy to have found DIS. I have been a Disney Freak all my life. I just moved from NorCal down here to Anaheim bout 2 yrs ago. I now live a block from Disneyland and whole fam got our Premium Passes last October. We literally walk to the park atleast once every other week(yeah ok we drive more than walk since the parking is free) My gal pal and I are looking to get more involved in some Disney type communities, looks like this coul dbe a great resource to so so. Cant wait to get to know you all.
jayaraiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 12:14 AM   #1918
alwayzzz01
Earning My Ears

hi
alwayzzz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:23 AM   #1919
princess_dboo
Earning My Ears

Red face

Newbie here.

My name is Danielle, I'm 23 years old and I live in Georgia.
Great site, looking forward to making some new friends!
princess_dboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 11:52 AM   #1920
luckymom4
Mouseketeer

This is the first board I've ever joined. Me, DH, and the munchkins are going to WDW in October. Our first MNSSHP ever! We are sooo excited! I've scoured the net looking for little tips and things and DISboard by far is the best site I've found. Everyone here is so helpful! Thanks a bunch!