|02-26-2014, 08:28 PM||#2|
Earning My Ears
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Woo-hoo! I am super jealous - I have over 5 months to go!
Don't be anxious! It's so much fun - just make sure you're ready to "go with the flow" and you'll be fine The best advice I can give is enjoy your day and don't try to do EVERYTHING It's impossible on your first trip Enjoy what you see and do and relish the detail all around you. Don't rush through it or you'll be stressed and frazzled. Pick a few must-do's and the rest can be extra magic. Believe you me - if you're anything like the rest of us, you'll be hooked and you'll be back to experience the rest
Me Hubby DS (17) DD (15) DD (14)
1986 - Offsite - Me, Mom, Dad & Brother 2005 - Offsite - First trip for hubby & kids! 2007 - All Star Music - Family trip onsite!
2009 - Poly - Family + Grandparents + niece & nephew 2012 - POR - Princess Room with the princesses 2013 - POFQ - Mom, Dad & Girls Again!
August 2014 - POFQ - CAN'T WAIT!!!!
|02-28-2014, 05:54 AM||#3|
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Dis Friend --- --- Us to Disney coming your way..
Have a Super Vacation
DD's You Tube Channel --https://www.youtube.com/user/awesomecookie1010
Link to July 2014 Disneyland Resort Thread -- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3238071
DD 14 ME 55 23 yr old --------------- Us To Disney ---------------
WDW 2003, Tokyo Disney 2003, WDW 2004, Paris Disney 2004, WDW 2005, WDW 2006, WDW 2007, WDW 2008, WDW 2009, WDW 2010, WDW 2011, WDW 2012, WDW 2013 (July 2014 DLR - Hilton Anaheim Convention Center)
|03-01-2014, 07:39 AM||#4|
We had a wonderful time, but did have our moments!
Pretty much down to my hips on one side, but nice and perky on the other
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
No need for anxiety.. at the base of it all, this is a vacation.
But let me help you with those nerves:
- If you're planning on any table service meals, have you made ADRs? If not, then consider doing it right away.
- If you're staying on site, have you made FP+ reservations? Again, if not, then consider doing it right away.
- If you're staying off site, decide which FP+ reservations you'll want.
- If it makes sense for your family, consider placing an order with www.gardengrocer.com. We always get bottled water, park snacks, fruit, and breakfast foods.. it frees up some of the snack credits from the DDP for ice cream and stuff.
- Come up with a ballpark idea of how you want to approach each park. What works best for us is getting there at rope drop, and hitting the big rides first, when the crowds are at their lowest. You don't have to have a strict touring plan-- though those are available online if you want, take a look at www.touringplans.com . But you will want to have a general plan of attack so that you don't spend needless time on lines.
- The BEST advice I've ever gotten about a WDW vacation: Know that you won't be able to see it all or do it all in one trip. Don't give any one ride or attraction or meal the power to "make-- or ruin" your vacation. If the kids are frightened by Fantasmic, then walk away, go back to the resort, and let them enjoy night swimming. If they're too tired for fireworks, then go home. If it's raining on your Animal Kingdom day and everyone is miserable, cut your losses and leave... go to Epcot, enjoy the resort, go resort hopping to explore, hit DTD for souvineers, find a character meal, whatever.
At its most basic level, this is about your family having a wonderful time together. It will only be as wonderful as the most miserable person, so work hard to keep an eye on everyone's happiness level, and don't be afraid to adjust your plans accordingly.
Deep breaths, and have fun planning.
Those of us facing yet another massive snow storm this weekend are incredibly jealous of you!!!
DH: me: DS (15) , DD (14): DD (11):
numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach ClubReturning to the Beach Club in 2014!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)
Last edited by Aliceacc; 03-01-2014 at 08:07 AM.
|03-01-2014, 10:37 AM||#5|
Earning My Ears
Join Date: Feb 2014
Thank you so much! I'm slowly getting over the anxiety and getting a more what will be will be attitude.
I have done all of the above and even placed my order for Garden Grocer today!
Now we just wait lol!