Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Welcome to the DIS
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Yesterday, 02:06 PM   #1
EightsandAces
Earning My Ears

Hi first time poster and first time disney trip in the works and Im so lost...HELP

hi folks

im going out of my mind here. yes i took the advice of trying to step back and relax and im trying but planning this trip is giving me a headache. im sure when planning my 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc it will be so much easier, but for a 1st timer? im totally lost.

since ive never been to disney, i have no idea where to stay, how to get to parks, what dining plans, which packages are best for us etc, what attractions we even want to see.. the list goes on and on.

little about me and my family. we want to go around memorial day of this year 2015. possibly may 26th-june2nd or the week prior. it will be me, my wife, 2 teenage boys (17 and 16) and 2 girls (ages 7 and 3). we would like to keep the whole trip with airfare to around 8k. i would go a little higher if it meant getting a better deal on something.

things we know for sure we want:
we would like to stay in a resort at the park
we want a meal plan
we want some sort of stroller service for the younger kids
we want to stay 5-6 days
we would possibly like a "fast pass" option if one is available or affordable (this isnt that important)
we would like to have breakfast or dinner one or two nights with disney characters.
we want a shuttle from the airport to our resort and back to the airport for departure.

im sure there is a great deal for all this but i dont even know where to begin. plz help me! ill be ur best friend haha j/k but seriously, u would be making my life a hell of alot easier. i just need some sort of direction. thanks
EightsandAces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:31 PM   #2
StatlerNotWaldorf
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by EightsandAces View Post
hi folks

im going out of my mind here. yes i took the advice of trying to step back and relax and im trying but planning this trip is giving me a headache. im sure when planning my 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc it will be so much easier, but for a 1st timer? im totally lost.

since ive never been to disney, i have no idea where to stay, how to get to parks, what dining plans, which packages are best for us etc, what attractions we even want to see.. the list goes on and on.

little about me and my family. we want to go around memorial day of this year 2015. possibly may 26th-june2nd or the week prior. it will be me, my wife, 2 teenage boys (17 and 16) and 2 girls (ages 7 and 3). we would like to keep the whole trip with airfare to around 8k. i would go a little higher if it meant getting a better deal on something.

things we know for sure we want:
we would like to stay in a resort at the park
we want a meal plan
we want some sort of stroller service for the younger kids
we want to stay 5-6 days
we would possibly like a "fast pass" option if one is available or affordable (this isnt that important)
we would like to have breakfast or dinner one or two nights with disney characters.
we want a shuttle from the airport to our resort and back to the airport for departure.

im sure there is a great deal for all this but i dont even know where to begin. plz help me! ill be ur best friend haha j/k but seriously, u would be making my life a hell of alot easier. i just need some sort of direction. thanks
Have you thought about using a travel agent like Dreams Unlimited? They would be a great resource for you in booking your first trip. And the best part is it is a free service for you. Disney pays them. I am working with them now on my second trip and it's been fantastic.

If you really want t do this all yourself then here are a couple answers to your questions.

- You can book a Magic Your Way package, it takes care of hotel, tickets and transportation to and from airport and parks. You can also ad the dinning plan to take care of meals.

Hope this helps a bit.