facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2006, 07:57 PM   #1216
wisbucky
I'm feeling stalked
I'm still sitting by my computer and hoping

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewvance
Hmm, with the low amount of carbs you are getting, I can't imagine why you aren't losing more weight. I lost 80lbs on atkins in a matter of 4 months... I was very strict on my carbs and if I got to a week and noticed I hadn't lost, I would review the week and see if I added something that could be a staller and would cut it out and would start loosing weight again.

If I had the patience to do atkins again that's how I would be losing my weight. But it got so hard to have to MAKE every meal, I was getting annoyed. You couldn't go to the cabinet and just pull anything out to snack on for the most part. And I got tired of meat! LoL.

So my suggestion is to look at what you are eating. There are certain things that one person can tolerate and still lose weight and somethings that they call stallers... might be low in carbs but something about it just doesn't sit right and you don't lose the weight as quick.
The biggest frustrating part about it all is that I really havent changed much. I do eat cottage cheese once in a while and I started that two one half weeks ago. But I dont eat it every night. Once or twice a week. I cut it out for 6 days and still lost nothing. I dont know if drinking more water would help.

You just got to love those Mickey Bars!

wisbucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 10:36 PM   #1217
MouseTriper
DIS Veteran

Hello Everyone...a new "WISHer" here. My name is Beth and I desperately want to lose 50 pounds. My husband and I are taking our 2 year old daughter to WDW in December and I want to lose as much of it as I can by then. I am new to the DISboards and just found this thread tonight. I would love to make some new friends on here who I can share my ups/downs with. Working out is hard enough but doing it alone is even worse. A little encouragement goes a long way. So...come on everyone who is in the same boat as me....we CAN DO IT!!! (smiles)
MouseTriper is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2006, 11:41 AM   #1218
Winksst
Mouseketeer

Check In

I haven't checked in for while...I've dropped 12 pounds since joining here WW and 6 since joining WISH. Five more pounds and I'll reach my 1st WW goal of 17 lbs!!!

Off to get my new banner....

1978 WDW with my family; 1984 WDW with my family; 1981-1995 Disneyland too many times to count; 04/02 DH & DD's First Disney Experience at Disneyland; 05/05 at CR for 9th Anniversary and DH & DD's First WDW trip; 05/06 at CR for 10th Anniversary; 12/06 at AKL for 3 Generations of Women Trip; 05/07 at CR for 11th Anniversary; 10/07 at PC for Girls' Only Trip; 10/08 for MNSSHP at PC; 10/08 ABD Once Upon a Fairytale; 09/09 for MNSSHP at PC; 09/10 for MNSSHP at PC; 09/11 for MNSSHP at PC; 09/11 4 day Bahama trip on Disney Dream, cabin 8536; 09/11 Became owners at AKV; Planned: 09/12 AKV and MNSSHP; Planned: 09/12 7 day Western Caribbean trip on Disney Fantasy;
Winksst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 08:08 PM   #1219
disneychickforever
Queen of Disney Elephants

wanting to join. I am need to lose weight for personal and health reasons, since both diabetes and heart problems run in my family.

My goal is to be down to 180 by next summer.....didn't weigh myself so I don't know how much that is yet, but that's my goal...
A few offsite stays to which dates can't be remembered
Summer 1994-All Star Sports *Summer 1995-All Star Sports*Summer 1996-All Star Music*Summer 1997- All Star Music*May 2000-Day trip to Epcot*Summer 2001-POFQ
November 2005-All Star Music (I was in the Candlelight Processional)*November 16-19 2006-All Star Music (Happy 18th Birthday To Me)
August 10-13 2007 - Pop Century (for Fall 07 CP check in, had to leave early)*September 26-28 2008-Gaylord Palms (offsite) (closing of PI)
March 7th 2009-Day trip to DHS*Fall 2009 Merch CP August 19th 2009-January 8th 2010
disneychickforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 02:43 PM   #1220
DISNEYLOVER70
Speaks softly but carries a big stick!

I am new here to the W.I.S.H. threads........

My daughter and I are going to try to start "eating healthy" together, as a team. My daughter is 13 and I beleive she weighs about 185 pounds, she doesn't want me to know her weight, but when I took her to the doctor for a broken toe, they weighed her and I snuck a peak without her knowing. She is at a very tender age right now and it has been the source of a lot of stress for her. My son is 9 and can eat anything he wants, he is very active, plays baseball, soccer, basketball, wrestling........... and it frustrates her that he can eat all he wants and stay thin. She has high 90's in school, including 99 in science and 98 in math, she is a great kid, but honestly she is very lazy. I take responsibility for most of that because I do not make her move.

I am 36 years old. I weighed in at 148 pounds this morning. My heaviest. My doctor says I should weigh between 128-135. Unfortunately, my taste buds are fussy (like my daughters). We eat meat and potatoes with some vegetables. Soda is an issue for us. Mountain Dew is an addiction that I have passed on to my poor daughter......... AWFUL i know........ But i did stop buying it when I get groceries and she has been drinking a lot of bottled water for the past couple months. But it hasn't made an effect on her weight thus far. I need motivation for her AND me. I am the mother buying the groceries, and I can control what she takes in, so that is my goal here. We are going to Disney May 3 - 10 2006. We have 282 days to "get healthier" and hopefully lose some weight in that process........... W.I.S.H me luck everyone ! If she will let me, I will try to post some pics of the two of us for a "starting point"..........

I thought about joining a weight watchers group or something similiar but she is very modest when it comes to her weight and I think the DIS W.I.S.H. boards just might be the answer for her, and me hopefully !

Good luck to all of you.............

DISNEYLOVER70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 12:18 AM   #1221
KimRaye
DIS Sponsor*Silver
Still a Late Nite DISer
Just a simple hello
Enjoys a good Yankee Candle night

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEYLOVER70
Welcome Renee and DD! May I just say that you look like a younger, prettier Sharon Stone?! WOW!

{{HUGS}} for your DD! I can't imagine how that must feel, at her age, for Both of you. Be a good guide for her.

Best WISHes for Both of you! Onward & Downward!

KimRaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 01:30 PM   #1222
graciegirlie
Mouseketeer

new here, need to lose 40ish lbs

Hi, I am Sarah, 28yr old SAHM mommy. I weighed 215 but have lost since last May. I am now hovering in the upper 160's (around 166) and need some more motivation. We leave in 51 days for our disney vac & I would like be in the low 150's by then. I am joining the challenge with watching my calories & exercising more to make it to my ulitimate goal of 125. Glad to be here!!!
graciegirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 09:37 AM   #1223
mikamah
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikamah
I am ready to take the Dis wish challenge. I have been doing ww for a while and have 50-60 pounds to go but it is coming off slow. The wonderful support here will help me to stick with it.
I want to lose 30 pounds before my WDW trip in November. 5 pounds a month should be doable.
I am pledging to walk after work every day the weather permits.
I will keep my ww journal every day, because when I do that, I always eat much healthier.
Lastly, after my son goes to bed I will only have one snack per night, instead of snacking all night long.
Thanks to all for the support.
I am looking for some motivation. I took this challenge in may, and just read my post, and want to recommit myself to it. I have been journalling almost everyday, and have been good about walking after work. I have not been only having one snack at night once my son goes to bed, and I want to do pledge to try harder on that one. I also want to increase my water intake. My goal before my WDW trip was and is to lose 30 pounds more. In the past 2 months, I have lost 8.4, not quite 5 pounds a month. Here's to today and the next four months!!! Thanks for all the motivation!!! Good luck to all of you!!!

FEB 2014-Princesspalooza!!! Can not wait!!!
Feb 2011-Princess half marathon trip!!!
Aug 2010-michael's surprise trip!!!
Nov '09-Pop w/Jim,Beth & Taylor!!!
Jan '09 Pop-just Michael and Mom
April '08- Pop-w/ Jane + Jessa
Dec 06- ASMusic-Michael's 1st time/5th B-day/Xmas trip w/ cousin Taylor etc.
May 2000- ecpot during work conference
April 1996-ASSp-family trip
Oct 1991- CBR-my first trip

Last edited by mikamah; 07-28-2006 at 09:45 AM.
mikamah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 02:17 PM   #1224
Msslaydbug
Can't wait to get back !!
I have got to learn to stop drinking water
I am such a bad cook I burn water

Hi All -
I am also new here too. For medical rand personal reasons I need to lose weight. I am about 190 right now and need to get down to 150. I have in the past had good sucess with weight watchers and I am going to try it again. We have a very hectic lifestyle so I just need to be more motivated to cook our own meals in stead of going out !!
WISH me luck !!

Disneyland 4/00 * 10/06 * 3/09 * 3/12 X's 2 * 05/12 **coming soon Paradise Pier 09/12**
Msslaydbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 08:53 PM   #1225
ChubbyHubby
Master of All I Survey (under my desk)

Progress Report

I went from 270 to 225!!! Another 25 to go!.

Keep da Faith
Old 07-30-2006, 12:34 PM   #1226
chamonix

Are we there yet?

I've been visiting the WISH board for awhile now but didn't realize until today that I never "took the WISH challenge" officially by posting in this thread! SO, here I am.

Started WW on January 10th and have lost just over 46 pounds since then. I am hoping it will be 50 when I weigh in next Tuesday (that would be a two week loss, I had surgery this week and missed WW weigh-in). We'll see though, I have been eating too much the past two days to get to that milestone this week I think. If not this week, it will be the next!

One of my goals is that when I return to the Poly concierge they won't recognize me! LOL! I have many goals actually, my dream goal is to lose 50 more pounds, but I have more realistic goals too, lol. My immediate goal right now is to lose 10 pounds in August.
Star Wars Weekends June 2011 Polynesian

December 2010 Beach Club
Star Wars Weekends June 2010 Polynesian
~Tiki fest summer 2009~ Polynesian
Ho’omahana summer 2008 Polynesian
~Tiki fest summer 2007~ Polynesian
March 2007 Polynesian March 2006 Polynesian
October 2005 Polynesian
October 2004, March 2004 Polynesian
December 2003, December 2002 Polynesian

Disneyland Hotel 2001
chamonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 10:15 PM   #1227
vital
Pirate-wench
Remember, no pics no proof

Do you have room for one more?

I lost 30 lbs 2 years ago by exercising and cutting back on portions. Well, I've gained every pound back. No more, just the 30lbs LOL! I'm 5'4" and currently weigh 147. I honestly don't think I can maintain 117 but am shooting for 125 in reality. I go to the gym 3 times a week while my son takes karate. I do spin and body sculpting classes. Tomorrow I'm going to start my new eating and positive thinking. I have a lot of negative thoughts about myself that run through my head. I'm going to try to silent my inner critic and quit eating "just because". My son also has karate so I'll be at the body sculpting class. That's one good thing about his class being at the gym, I'm there anyway so I might as well work out. I've booked an October 27, 2007 Disney cruise with just my DS and I. I'm a single mom, in case I haven't mentioned that. I want to be able to walk around the deck and snorkel without wearing shorts with my bathing suit. I won't be wearing a thong, but I just want to feel confident and good in whatever I wear. I look forward to meeting you and us encouraging each other through this rough period in our lives. But, this too shall pass!

vital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 08:47 AM   #1228
Tensixmom
Earning My Ears

I am new here. Actually I have been lurking around the boards for a couple of weeks so thought I would take the plunge. Need to lose weight to stay healthy for my kids and myself.
Old 07-31-2006, 02:37 PM   #1229
OKWMom
DIS Veteran

I would love to join. My goal is to lose 70-80 pounds. I am trying to eat healthy and I have joined my local Curves. I hope to lose at least 20 pounds before our December trip.
Old 07-31-2006, 05:07 PM   #1230
hjd0411
DIS Veteran

I'm new here too - and I guess I need to lose about 15kgs (about 35lbs). Got to start somewhere. I think I will be joining a local gym soon. Walking the dog is just not enough for me. Good luck to everyone else. I aim to be looking good for my Nov 07 trip to WDW.

hjd0411 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: