Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2006, 12:29 PM   #1111
Luvamouse
DIS Veteran

Smile Glad You're Here...

I decided I needed to lose some more weight...again. With Wilderness Lodge coming up for me in 20 months, I have set a goal for myself of 3 lbs per month. I finally have a goal to achieve my weightloss for, and a realistic time frame to do it in. I want to be in great shape to enjoy Disney with my DH and 2 DD's, all of whom are slim and in great shape. Maybe I'll even put on a bathing suit instead of doing the laundry while they swim!

Seeing the W.I.S.H. stickies on so many posts has really inspired me!

Heidi
February 2011--Back to the Poly says the Birthday Girl! Daytona 500 and WDW for DD's 16th B-Day
February 2012- Couldn't resist! Daytona 500 and Contemporary MK View. Scratch that-- Back to the Poly Again!

January 2013... Somebody stop me! DD's 1st Year in College, let's keep our life "normal" and go to WDW! Poly Again? I'd love to try POR... Looks like CR MK View. Nope, now it's GF Lagoon View!

Luvamouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 01:41 PM   #1112
Juletime
Mouseketeer

Yes, I saw the stickies and follow the trail. I have a goal of losing 15 lbs and to create a habit of regular exercise and more healthy eating. I travel every week so this is no small challenge. Here I go! Thanks!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-03-2006, 02:30 PM   #1113
Cingoutload
Earning My Ears

Jumping in with both feet

I'm joining up! Strongly decided I want to do the half marathon in January with the goal of getting ready for the 10K at the food and wine as a warm up. I've got lots of weight to loose and am doing a better job running/walking then when I started.

Jumping in with both feet!
Dawn
Royal IOA May 2005 * POP/French Quarter June 2004 * Animal Kingdom / Wilderness Lodge / Royal IOA April 2004 * Wilderness March 2001 * Wilderness Lodge Sept 2000 * Grosvenor/Port Orleans Jan 2000 * Grosvenor Honeymoon July 1998

Dawn - Atlanta

Cingoutload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 04:32 PM   #1114
princess-rn
"Why, it's like a dream. A wonderful dream come true"

Ok guys....I DESPERATELY need to lose weight. I've tried EVERYTHING from WW, LA weight loss, pills, richard simmions...you name it I've done it. I realize that the ONLY way I'm going to lose it and keep it off is by PROPER diet (not more "dieting" I'm totally changing my eating habits) and exercise. I would like to lose 60 lbs. I NEED ALL OF YOUR HELP!! Without encouragement I find that I fail...and quickly. Please HELP me reach my goal with your encouraging words. My Mom and Grandmother both have heart problems and diabetes (both overweight I might add). I don't want to travel down that road.

PM me (or leave responses here) with any recipies...suggestions...tips...whatever you can to help with my goal.

I'm also interested in all these cool sigs you guys have to show your weight loss. HOW do you get those on here?

Thanks guys!!! I need this!!!
May 2013 Our return to Disney! StarWars Weeknd!! POFQ December 2010-Mini Grand Christmas Gathering and 10 yr Anniversary Celebration!! POFQMay/June 2009-Star Wars Weekend repeat!! AND TOTAL SUPRISE trip for DS!!!POFQ December 2007- Christmas with the mouse!!! DTD Hilton, POFQ and GF!!! May 2005-Star Wars weekend !! POFQOctober 2004-Halloween with the mouse! POFQ October 2000- Our Magical Honeymoon!!! POFQ
princess-rn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 06:24 PM   #1115
Space Ranger
GROWING OLDER IS MANDATORY, GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

OK, count me in. It is time for me to get in shape.

I am starting by eating better. I may start WW.

I am also starting exercising as well. No more elevators at work. I will take the steps as much as possible. I have started using the treadmill and plan on doing a minimum of 30 minutes a day. Once the weather gets a little warmer I am going to breakout the bike and start riding again.

I am trying to be able to do the ½ marathon with my DW. (Wish me luck!) If I am not able to do it in 2007 I will be there to cheer on her. Either way I will be in it in 2008.

My goal for weight loss is the lose 90 pounds.

Updates to come!

Space Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 09:37 PM   #1116
Wonders10
DIS Veteran

Sign me up too!

I've been doing WW for the past 2 weeks but what I lost the first week, I gained back the 2nd because I just wasn't caring and thinking clearly. So starting tomorrow I plan on really sticking to eating in my points range, not bingeing (a problem for me - I've self-diagnosed myself as having binge eating disorder), and working out in some form 45 minutes a day/5 days a week. My long term goal is to lose around 50 lbs but I'd like to be 20-25 lbs thinner for my birthday in May.

*Shannon
Wonders10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 09:52 AM   #1117
zoeyandmakennasmom
Mouseketeer

Count me in. my goal is to lose 15 more pounds. I was working out everyday for an hour and a half but I've been skipping alot of workouts lately. I am thinking that having a place to post my exersize for the day will help keep me on track.

First trip 4/30-5/7 2004-ASMO
Kennas B-day trip 12/1-12/7 2004-POP

zoeyandmakennasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 10:05 AM   #1118
Pooh_Friend#1
Check out my year round tan!

I would like to join as well. I am not overweight and am in the range I should be, but I would like to still lose about 10 pounds. My goal is not only to lose some lbs but to tone and firm up, and start to eat healthy.

I was doing a great job at working out at the gym but got sick and haven't had the motivation to go back. My daily routine at the gym consisted of using the elliptical for 20 minutes, treadmill for 15 minutes, stair stepping machine for 10 minutes, and weight machines for 15 minutes for one day. Throughout the week I would alternate the stair master for riding the stationary bike. The areas I am really trying to work on are my thighs, arms, and stomach.

I have a cruise planned in September and would love to be at my goal by then. In the summertime I am hoping to do more rollerblading and purchase a bike for my SO and I. Any suggestions would be great on how to accomplish my goals. I need help with motivation.
Pooh_Friend#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 12:45 PM   #1119
LuvTigger
Just wanted to add that I'm another Dreams-lover!
Gosh, everything in EPCOT is so great!

This is it...I've been on and off the WISH bandwagon, and I have finally decided to get back on and STAY on! I've been making excuses as to why I can't start my weight management program -- busy at work, social events coming up, etc. Eventually I realized that there is NEVER a good time! I just need to do it, and allow a little (very little) flexibility for those times where I might not be able to stay within the guidelines, without beating myself up about it.

I started on Monday, March 6, and my goal is to lose 69.5 pounds. My target date to reach that goal is February 5, 2007.

Thanks for being such a supportive group of people!
Old 03-10-2006, 08:39 AM   #1120
Tazicket
I routinely walk into 1 certain wall at home
Loved by a Pirate Penguin
ACK! I wouldn't ever eat a Mystery Peep!! That's crazy!

Count me in. I need to lose about 40 pounds to get back into my healthy/comfortable range. I was doing pretty good on weight watchers (just did the points stuff, no meetings), but then had knee surgery and have not been able to get going on it again.

I want to lose those 40 pounds by our next trip to Disney (planned for Dec 4). I am swimming for an hour a couple of times a week and doing a LOT of walking. I also am eating more veggies and will try to get back on ww.

I need all the help I can get!
Old 03-10-2006, 04:47 PM   #1121
snoopy_mom
Earning My Ears

I'm in, too

I have been floating around WW for about a year, and while I have been in and out my SIL lost over 50 pounds! OK, time to get serious. I was able to lose 15 and keep 10 off, time for the rest. I am hoping to lose 30 pounds by my November cruise. I am attending WW meetings at work, and am concentrating on drinking alot of water! I also hope to fit my treadmill into my schedule on a regular basis......
Old 03-12-2006, 10:01 PM   #1122
Eeyoregal
DVC Member 2004

I'm in! I am starting NutriSystem tomorrow and want to lose approx. 65 lbs. I have jogged on and off and want to do the 1/2 marathon in 2007. I look forward to participating in the challenges with you all!!
Eeyoregal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 11:35 PM   #1123
intrep93
Mouseketeer

Count me in!!! I need to lose about 90 pounds long term. I would like to get in much better shape before going to WDW in Sept. The last baby just turned 3 and it's time to get this weight off! I know I won't be able to lose all that weight before we go on our trip, but I would like to lose enough by April, 2007 when my driver's license expires, that the current weight listed on it is actually true I'm going with WW points because I can kinda do that on my own. I do ok for the 1st month and then I always seem to get of track and gain back what I've lost. Hopefully, you can all help keep me going!!!
Old 03-20-2006, 01:04 PM   #1124
lovetheparks
DIS Veteran
My Uncle found out the hard way what happens when you tickle me!

Count me in - I have alot to loose. My first major goal is 50lbs.
Old 03-20-2006, 02:07 PM   #1125
gottalovethem
The DIS Moms love you!

I have officially started my weightloss journey to a healthier me. I joined slim fast's website which has a great nutrition log and give suggestions on calorie counts and fat intake and plan on staying within those guidelines, and a place to chart weight loss.

I will continue to exercise every week with a goal of 3x/week.

I will work on eating healthy snacks, especially if I feel the urge to binge.

I will go to the library to take a look at the book Life is Hard, Food is Easy

I will visit these boards regularly to get inspiration and to seek help

I will use my journal to vent frustrations, tribulations and successes

My first goal is to lose 10 by Disney trip April 24.

Here I go. I CAN do it. One moment at a time.
gottalovethem is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: