Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2005, 12:52 PM   #1051
connorsmom911
DIS Veteran

sign me up

I'm getting started on WW (again), so add me to the list!!

Life in Six Words..."Making My Own Happily Ever After"
connorsmom911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 03:03 PM   #1052
momsully

VWL DVC Member

I've skimmed this board a few times but finally decided last Thursday to really make an effort and loose this weight. I have a goal to loose 50 pounds by next June. I have not had a Coke in four days and am trying to eat better. I also walked on the treadmill this morning for 45 minutes. This is something I really want to do so I hope to be spending alot of time here and getting some good tips.
momsully is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-21-2005, 05:58 PM   #1053
GorshGoofy
Mouseketeer ~ DIS Dad #337

New Year's Resolutions

I've been struggling for the past few months with an irregular exercise schedule. I'm taking karate and trying to walk but often find that one excuse after another keeps me from working toward that goal. My weight has remained steady other than a recent 2.5 pound loss. So, I'm 5'2" at 197 pounds. I have signed up with Men's Health for their 5 week new year's program and will register for karate and for gym priviledges at the college where my karate class is held. I need to get into better shape before a big trip overseas and in the hope that there might be a new lady in my life. How's that for motivation? It's time to get serious!! The big 5-0 is approaching and some things need to change!
Pedometers at WDW ~~ I'm a Dis Dad #337! And a DIS Granddad!! PopC w/ My 3Grandsons Jan 13 ~ Pop ~ Feb 12 w/ wife's sister & family ~ Pop Century Dec 10 (Me & DD & DNiece & More) ~ Jan 10, Jan 08, Jan 07 Disneymoon! ~ Feb 06 Israel & Egypt ~ Oct 05 Land/Sea 3rd Solo! First Cruise! Pop Century/Disney Wonder ~ Jan 05 Pop Century 1st on-site!! 2nd SOLO! ~ Sept 04 off site ~ Feb 2000 Off site 1st Solo ~ Dec 98/99? w/ kids Off site ~ Summer 94 & 95 Yucatan, Mexico ~ Off site Dec 93 & Mar 90 ~ Jan '87 1st WDW Trip with baby DS ~ Off site ~ Winter '83, Summer 80, Summer '79 1st WDW Trip EVER ~ Summer '78 Tokyo, Japan
GorshGoofy

Walking to WDW X3!!
346/521 ~ Lee FL on I-10
17 ~ I 65 S / 30 ~ I-10 E of Tunnel / 37 ~ Fairhope / 40 ~ Malbis / 47 ~ Bay Minette/Gulf Shores (59) / 56 ~ Styx River / 68 ~ Alabama/Florida Line on I-10 / 81 ~ Pensacola / 90 ~ Milton / 124 ~ Crestview / 153 ~ DeFuniak Springs / 164 ~ Ponce de Leon / 180 Bonifay ~ 293 Monticello / 309 Greenville ~ 319 Madison ~ 330 Lee ~ 351 Liveoak ~ 364 I-10/I75 Intersection ~ 372 Lake City ~ 434 Ocala ~ 457 Fl Turnpike ~ 506 I-4 ~ 518 Exit 259 ~ 521 Pop Century Parking Lot
GorshGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 01:11 PM   #1054
p2oh
Soon to be Wedding Planner!

I am really going to do it. I have a looooong way to go, but I am going to do. My work has added a WW meeting durring lunch and a new bike room. I don't have any excuses not to. Hope to loose 75-100 by my Oct. trip.
Old 12-25-2005, 10:20 AM   #1055
NicRI
Mouseketeer

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays All!

Well, I did it... lost my first 10 pounds.... I wish I could tell you it was hard, but with the holiday rush and fitting in our first DCL Cruise two weeks ago... I don't really know how that all happened. Guess I've been really busy, no time for snacking.

I choose to lose weight for me. And to help me keep up with my 2yo DD. Whatever you choose as your motivation, I hope you stick with it. There are always set backs, just remember what motivated you to begin with.

Good luck all.... see you in the New Year!
Old 12-27-2005, 12:36 PM   #1056
mom2boys
Horseshoe Mesa - 3 miles, 31 switchbacks & 2500 vertical feet down and ALL that way back UP to the rim!
I always wondered why, of all the animals on earth, they would pick a hippo

Count me in - again. I started South Beach & the Y 1.5 yrs ago. Lost in the induction phase & never figured out the second phase (never spent the time). Naturally I gained back all I lost & then some. The only time I've ever weighed this much was when I was in my last trimester of pregnancy.
I know I felt better when I was exercising at the Y even though I rarely made it more than 2x per week.
Last week I went to Curves & made an appt for an introductory workout. I was an hour late for my appt today but I did go. I was trained on the machines & did a circuit by myself. I think this is something I can & will do so I signed up. DH said he'd pay for my membership. I did pay for the initail fee & 1st month from DH's checking account. However, I feel like I need to have the monthly draw from my own account to keep me motivated.
I liked the way I felt when I did go to the Y. DH wants to go to Colorado this summer & I'd like to do more hiking with him & our boys. I also need to loss some serious weight - at least 50 lbs. But I don't intend to make the weight loss my primary focus in the beginnig. It will come naturally at first since I haven't been exercising lately.
I am counting on my fellow DISers for some moral support. I know from past experience that this is a great place to find support. Thanks for being there.

Yvonne
Old 01-01-2006, 08:11 PM   #1057
bigolive9
DIS Veteran

My husband and I are starting to try to lose weight. We are going to do some sort of activity every day, even if it is just walking the dog for 15 minutes. We also are going to start writing down everything we eat. Next grocery day (1/13) we are going to have all of our meals planned out, and we are going to stock up on veggies. We are going to start taking our lunches to work ( which will also help with $$). I have the Rachel Ray "Get Real Meals" Cookbook, as well as a large WW cookbook, so we are planning to use those to start planning healthy meals.
I am only 25, and 5'6" almost 188 pounds. This is not good. My dad's side of the family has always had weight issues, so I will have to fight against that, but I know we can do it. I have learned a lot from reading on the boards, and I hope that I can learn more weight loss techniques!
bigolive9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 07:23 PM   #1058
PrincessAngelika
Go Steelers!!

Hello everyone!!

This is my first "official" post and I would like to join the challenge!!
Of course, I resolved on new years eve to lose weight..not only for my health but also because DH and I are planning an anniversary/birthday trip to WDW in October, and I want to have the stamina to do the parks..I also want to fit into the rides...lol
My weight loss goal by October is AT LEAST 50 pounds.
Thanks for listening and I'll stop back in to give support!!

Angelika

Last edited by PrincessAngelika; 01-02-2006 at 07:33 PM.
PrincessAngelika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 06:40 AM   #1059
hdecker
Mouseketeer

I'm in. I've joined the jan challenge and the drinking water one. I know I can do it this time.
hdecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 10:46 AM   #1060
Jennifer S
DIS Cast Member
Has the best Goldendoodle in the world!

I'm new here too. I have been exercising since last January- very proud of myself- but I also want to eat healthier. My goal is to lose 20 pounds by June. We are going to Mexico and I want to feel better walking around in a bathing suit.

Jennifer S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 09:45 PM   #1061
Foxfiregrrl
DIS Veteran

Getting Started

My name is Amber. I am 27 and weigh about 205. I am 5' 9". I was maybe 210 at my heaviest before we lost weight the last time. I would like to lose 65 pounds. I would like to lose the first 50 by July 1st. That is a big goal, but I think if I work hard and stay motivated I can do it.

My DH and I are planning to start a family around the beginning of next year. I have stated many times that I want to lose weight and get in better shape before we try to conceive. I want to be a healthy mother and be pretty while I'm pregnant. Another motivating factor is that this summer will be DH and my ten year high school reunion. I would really like to lose weight before going to that.

You guys are so nice and supportive. I plan to join the January challenges and add my picture to the photo album thread. I really need this accountability.
I plan to walk at least 5 days a week starting at 1 mile and working my way up. I am going to start eating healthier foods and smaller portions.
Old 01-05-2006, 01:46 PM   #1062
liv4god4evr
Earning My Ears

I am going to take the Wish callenge. I have two little girls and I want them to grow up healthy and they aren't going to do that if Mommy doesn't. I want to lose 100 lbs by our next Disney trip in Nov. Wish me luck!

Amy
liv4god4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 02:36 PM   #1063
schatz5k
Mouseketeer

good luck You have come to the right place. The people on these threads are all very supportive and motivating.

schatz5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 03:04 PM   #1064
dismom9761
DIS Veteran

I would like to join.Last January I started WW and lost about 25 lbs to get to my goal weight.Well since July I have gained it back plus 5 more.On Tuesday I started following WW again and already have more energy.I want to lose the 30 lbs and keep it off this time.I also want to try for a minimum of 15 minutes of exercise a day.

So do you copy the clippie of what you want to lose or where you are in your journey??
dismom9761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 09:10 PM   #1065
disneyfanforever
DIS Veteran

I definitely need to join. I already have joined in some of the challenges but wanted to check in here as well. I really hope I can lose the weight this time. I really feel like I have the determination and hopefully the willpower this time.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: