Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2005, 12:04 PM   #1036
2BWEDDNDIS
Disney Bride

I WOULD LOVE TO TAKE THE WISH CHALLENGE!! I will be getting married in WDW in June of 2006, so it is well time for me to start getting back into shape, and lose weight!! I am doing WW and will be running and lifting weights 5 days a week!! WISH me luck!

Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantengase alejardo de las puertas.

1993 contemporary
1996 poly, 1997 offsite, 1999 contemporary
2000 coronado, 2002 AKL/poly,2005 (may/june) cont.
Sept 2005 (FTW site visit) coronado/allstarsports
Feb 2006 (FTW planning trip) poly
June 2006 (FTW and Honeymoon) G.F./contemporary
Sept 2006 (Labor day) Swan
Dec/Jan 06-07 (New Years) Coronado

2BWEDDNDIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 07:00 AM   #1037
Tiffann4k
Mouseketeer
Rabbits or kids, huh? How about a Tag that talks about Rabbits with Kids?

I would also love to take the WISH challenge

I am 5'4 and my starting weight as of Nov. 1 was 235 , I would love to get to a size 14 and around 165 lbs even though that is still too high of a BMI....but one step at a time, my first major goal is to get to 225

Adopt your own Siggy Bunny First bunny on the DIS boards
Tiffann4k is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-04-2005, 07:12 AM   #1038
DizneeDreamer
Earning My Ears

I am taking the WISH Challenge!

I need to lose 67#'s in the next year. I will be 40 next October and will be celebrating with my daughter on her 21st birthday at Disney World!

I want to be in a healthier place before we go. My plan is still undefined, but I have finally made up mind to get started. I start with no fast food, no soft drinks and a lot more water.

WISH me luck!

Sunny
DizneeDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 11:25 PM   #1039
arkansas mom
Yes, I'm a procrastinator...I'll tell you about it later.
I love the Tag Fairy, but there's nothin' like a fresh pair o' drawers
Underwires are of the devil

Hi, everybody!
Well, I think it's time. There are so many things I need to get a handle on in my life. The list of things I need to work on is always changing, but the weight is always right there at the top of the list. I believe I gave up years ago thinking that it was just too...hopeless. But I know it isn't. I'm better than that. I owe it to myself and my family to get it together. I think I'll hang around this board and see what I can pick up and decide on a plan from there.
Old 11-06-2005, 03:54 PM   #1040
buzzmom3
DIS Veteran

Sign me up! i just started WW last month and I've already lost 12 pounds! Right now I weigh 178lbs and I want to get down to 145lb. I want to look good for my next trip and definitly want to lose some weigh before I get pregnant again. Don't want to have to lose twice as much weight.
Our DD Paige

buzzmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 03:27 PM   #1041
cheerful chickadee
I heart Disney World

I would like to join the challenge also, I'm just starting today. We're going back to WDW in April and I want to lose some poundage by then.

Last week we watched a video from our 2004 WDW trip and I was disgusted by how much weight I've gained since then, I was so thin back then! I quit smoking in the last year and have packed on the pounds, it's been a very rough road. I also know that this time of year is going to make this twice as hard for me since I love sweets and the Holidays are coming! *pout*
April 2012 CSR
Sept 2013 CSR
cheerful chickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 12:36 AM   #1042
GorshGoofy
Mouseketeer ~ DIS Dad #337

I just got back from a Land/Sea week. Between the Epcot Food and Wine Festival and 4 days on the Wonder I've gained 5 pounds. Yes, I can eat a prime rib at Parrot Cay when the Wonder is rolling through 8-13 foot seas. (I didn't believe it either, but I did it!) I've been fighting to lose even a few pounds for the past several months. Now, I need to set a new goal toward energy and stamina and weight loss before I go on a 17 day trip to the middle east. Besides, I've been talking to an old girlfriend from 10 years ago who knew me when I was 60 pounds lighter and running/walking 3-5 miles a night. I hope to see her for the first time in a month or so. How's that for extra motivation?
Pedometers at WDW ~~ I'm a Dis Dad #337! And a DIS Granddad!! PopC w/ My 3Grandsons Jan 13 ~ Pop ~ Feb 12 w/ wife's sister & family ~ Pop Century Dec 10 (Me & DD & DNiece & More) ~ Jan 10, Jan 08, Jan 07 Disneymoon! ~ Feb 06 Israel & Egypt ~ Oct 05 Land/Sea 3rd Solo! First Cruise! Pop Century/Disney Wonder ~ Jan 05 Pop Century 1st on-site!! 2nd SOLO! ~ Sept 04 off site ~ Feb 2000 Off site 1st Solo ~ Dec 98/99? w/ kids Off site ~ Summer 94 & 95 Yucatan, Mexico ~ Off site Dec 93 & Mar 90 ~ Jan '87 1st WDW Trip with baby DS ~ Off site ~ Winter '83, Summer 80, Summer '79 1st WDW Trip EVER ~ Summer '78 Tokyo, Japan
GorshGoofy

Walking to WDW X3!!
346/521 ~ Lee FL on I-10
17 ~ I 65 S / 30 ~ I-10 E of Tunnel / 37 ~ Fairhope / 40 ~ Malbis / 47 ~ Bay Minette/Gulf Shores (59) / 56 ~ Styx River / 68 ~ Alabama/Florida Line on I-10 / 81 ~ Pensacola / 90 ~ Milton / 124 ~ Crestview / 153 ~ DeFuniak Springs / 164 ~ Ponce de Leon / 180 Bonifay ~ 293 Monticello / 309 Greenville ~ 319 Madison ~ 330 Lee ~ 351 Liveoak ~ 364 I-10/I75 Intersection ~ 372 Lake City ~ 434 Ocala ~ 457 Fl Turnpike ~ 506 I-4 ~ 518 Exit 259 ~ 521 Pop Century Parking Lot
GorshGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 06:12 AM   #1043
tialucy
DIS Veteran

Hi, I'm going to take the Challenge. I'm looking forward to it. A big thank you to MINNIESPAL who has given me the motivation to go on a healthy diet. I recently lost weight on a very expensive and unhealthy diet and of course the weight did not stay off, it's all back..... mainly on my backside !!!!!!!!! Making phone calls now to local gym and local WW. Thanks to everyone on here.... I love the way you all encourage and help each other.... I would love to be a part of it it you'll have me!!! My goal is to lose 35 pounds !! and keep it off !!
Disneyland Paris - July 2000, Santa Fe - July 2002, Newport Bay
July 2004, Holiday Inn - August 2004, Explorers - September 2004, Holiday Inn - December 2004, Cheyenne
March 2005, Offsite - 20th - 23rd December 2005, Sequoia Logde
tialucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 10:44 PM   #1044
Disneylvr729
Always tell the people you care about that you Love them. You never know what will happen in the next minute, hour, day, month, or year.

Hey all.. I haven't been able to get on lately due to work.. But I just weighed in at the Doctors again and I have lost a whopping 20 lbs now... WHOO HOOO.. I have been walking 3 times a day at work (around the building 2 times each and it is a large building) and watching what I am eating... Man I miss my pepsi!!!!

WHOO Hooo only 70 more to go!!!
11 8 4

Disneylvr729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 07:43 PM   #1045
NicRI
Mouseketeer

Hey, what a better day to start... Turkey day!!

A little late for my cruise that's coming up in a few weeks, but never too late to start. I'm looking to lose about 65 lbs. I'm going to start walking again, and maybe eventyally running and watching what I eat.

I like the WW points plan, but if I just eat a well balanced meal, and limit the sugar and fat, all should go well. My down fall is there isn't a french fry I've met I haven't liked.

The bigest loser has got me motivated.... I hope Suzie wins! And my 2yo DD! I love her to pieces, and want to make sure I see her grow up. Now to convince my DH to join me.

Take care, and keep up the good work people!
Old 11-25-2005, 01:44 AM   #1046
monkeygirl
Oh my gosh! It's 4 AM! Get off the computer and get thyself into bed!

I would love to join in on the WISH Challenge! I have already lost 23 pounds on my own but I would love the extra support to help me thru the tough weeks! Especailly now that the Holidays are here.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:51 PM   #1047
PaulaSue
I have a purple car too and love it
Even I need a nap now and then

Hi, I just figured out I should check in here.

My story... Right now I am 3 pounds less than when I got married (not my heaviest before marriage ). My first goal is to be 20 pounds less my Wedding weight by our 10th Anniversary in May.

I never seemed to gain weight preggo (gained 24 ish lbs. and lost a week or two later) but nursing seemed to pile it on. I was 30 pounds heavier my Wedding weight once DD2 weaned. I lost 50 pounds after my DD2 weaned, with diet pills and exercise so I know I can do it. Diet stopped when I got preggo with DD3.

I did lose 20 with WW while nursing my DD3 but since then stopped WW and regular exercise and gained 10ish back in 1 1/2 years. (Boy talk about shock when I learned about portion sizes at WW. No wonder, I was clueless about what I had been eating, I knew it was bad but not that bad. )

After that my next goal is to lose 32 pounds more to hit the BMI goal of healthy weight (140) but I would be happy if it would just say 150.

I have always been heavy (123 in 8th grade is a vivid memory of shame in gym class) and as a child of divorce I have eating issues that I use food as a comfort item.

I so want to be a HOT Mama by our Anniverary. I have been saying that for a while but today is the day to get back on the wagon and stay on it. So I joined December challenge and 150 club.

4 Parks, 3 Generations, 2 Birthdays, 1 Anniversary, Priceless...1/06

4 Parks, 3 Generations, 2nd Trip, 1 Week with Family and Friends...10/08

F&W, Music to our ears...10/11

Tire Pros "Family" is going to Disney...1/15
PaulaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 08:27 PM   #1048
KilimanjaroSafaris78
Love the thomees'

Hi Everyone. I am new here. My name is Ali,and I am 27 years old. I currently weigh 388 pounds. I have hypertension( average reading 215/120),type 2 diabetes,and high cholesterol. I went to the doctor Monday,and he was frank with me that I didn't lose weight soon, I could die or have a heart attack. He suggested gastric bypass,but I really don't want to do that. I have never really exersised or cared about my weight. What do yall suggest?
KilimanjaroSafaris78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 10:03 PM   #1049
schatz5k
Mouseketeer

Hi,

Well I 'd say you took the first step and got involved with us. Go to the thread that say 150 lbs care to join. This a a group of us who are looking toward the 150's.. Full of motivation. My mom had Type 2 diabetes. She passes due to all the complications of the disease. She was a young 68. She, unlike you did not want to help herself and bucked the doctor's every chance she got. Instead of fighting with her to eat right and excerise, I just decided she would die doing exactly what she wanted to do. And she did.

I would say tomorrow when you get up in the morning walk around your drive way or someplace where you can start you new HABIT of excerising. Or walk in place for 5 minutes. Than the next day add an additonal minute or an additonal lap. You can do this, and we will be there to cheer you on.

Thanks for coming to us and letting us help you

schatz5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 07:23 AM   #1050
disneediva
Beware the BFF's

Hi All,
My name is Wendy and I am taking the challange also.We just booked our Magical cruise for next December and I need to lose the weight also. I live in New Orleans and survived Katrina so this should be easy right!!Problem is I bought a new scale after we lost our old one in the flood and was stunned when I stood on it and saw 250 when did that happen. I don't know about ya'll but I swear when I look in the mirror it must be with skiny glasses on. So here we go ......

Vote BRAD PITT for Mayor of NOLA!!
disneediva is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: