Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2003, 07:59 AM   #91
kasar
DIS Veteran

Hey everyone! After reading these boards and lurking for quite a while, I've decided to bite the bullet and join. I've never done anything like this before but everyone here seems so supportive and helpful. I'd like to get in on it! I finally decided to get serious when my "baby" turned 9 the other day (I guess I really can't use the old, "I just had a baby" excuse anymore!)

Just started Atkins, am trying to use my YMCA membership and hoping for the best. I've avoided the scale for awhile now and I'm not quite ready to step on it yet, but that's ok. I'll just keep plugging away, blissfully unaware of how much I'll be losing until I'm ready to look So, I can't add clippies yet, but soon...

Wish me luck!
Kat
kasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 09:29 AM   #92
Rhonda
Quote of the Day: Happiness is a Warm Puppy!

Welcome everyone!!

ilovefh : Good luck! I know you will reach your 200 lb. goal by the time your trip comes in December! And, working out will definitely help! I need to do more myself.

coyote : Welcome! You can definitely lose 21 pounds by Christmas with a lot of dedication, and hard work! But we know you can do it - just stick with us for support!

Jen117 : Exercise, exercise, exercise! It sounds like you have the right idea! And, combined with WW - you'll do great! I know how hard it is to lose that PG fat (Mine is 19 years old, and I'm still struggling! LOL) Good luck!

TWD2000 : Sounds like you have a very good goal! Lose a few before your trip, and you'll be surprised to see how easy it will be to turn down an extra treat here and there while you're on vacation. Then afterwards, you can hit it hard and be to your goal in no time! Welcome!

djkeenan : Isn't it great to have that extra support? That's what we're here for! A Day at a Time is a great motto - I try to do that myself! Sometimes I do An Hour At A Time!

Emme : Well, how did your first couple of days go? You have a lot coming up in the next few months - but with support, and the right attitude (like it sounds like you have!) you will be successful! We're glad you're here with us!

Samandmom : I've heard great things about WW here on the WISH board! Lots of success - and I'm sure you'll be right there with them! You have the right idea - give yourself a short-term goal, then work on the longer-term goal after that! It's nice to have a trip to look forward to!

Septbride2002 : So, how's the "easing into" the low carb lifestyle working for you this week? You got some good information yesterday about Induction, and I know you can make it through!! Remember the first 2 weeks are the hardest, and after that it gets much easier! You will really enjoy how healthy you feel, and how much energy you will have! Stick with it!

Marshmelo : I love your name! LOL! Welcome to the WISH Challenge! You will do great! You'll find LOTS of support here - remember to ask when you need help! That's what we're here for! Give yourself those smaller short-term goals, instead of looking at the big picture, and take one day at a time. Good luck!

kasar : Welcome!!! You will love the Atkins program! And, you'll get lots of Atkins support here on WISH too (including myself)! We're glad you came out of Lurkdom! LOL!
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-23-2003, 11:16 AM   #93
DisneyGator01
Mouseketeer

I am planning on starting tomorrow, which will be approx 30 days before my cruise. Already done WW, lost 30lbs but lost motivation the past two months.

really want to get back on program again. My short term goal is to just to loose before my cruise. Since it has been a while since I have lost. I will be happy if I loose 5lbs.

I will be doing Weight Watchers and weighing in weekly on Friday morning. I am also going to exercise every day until my cruise--at least 30 mins a day.

4 day Wonder Cruise 12/16/01
4 day Wonder Cruise 10/26/02
4 day Wonder Cruise 03/02/03

1st 7 Day Magic Cruise 11/29/03!!!

<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'November 29, 2003 12:00:00 PM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkblue>Generation Gala Cruise 2003 </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Mickey here we come!!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>
DisneyGator01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 11:47 AM   #94
bairdbeth
DIS Veteran

Count me in! I just got back from Disney a couple of weeks ago. I am at my heaviest now and doing my beloved Disney was very taxing. Also one of the safety bars was very snug. I can't have that! I am taking my 7 year old DD on our first DCl cruise on July 4,2004. I don't want to be this big then. We will do a week at WDW after the cruise. I want to be able to keep up with my daughter this time!. I started WW on Monday. My first weigh in will be Sunday. I am taking this slowly and first goal is my 10% which is 26 pounds. After that the next 10%. Once I am under 200 I will think about a final goal. Thanks in advance for the support!
bairdbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 09:10 AM   #95
lowe@massed.net
I live for Disney vacations!

Signing on!

Okay! I am committing to eating on-plan every day and using my husband's exercise bike at least 3 times/week! I am following the Carbohydrate Addicts Lifespan Program (CALP). I have lost 30 lbs, but have been stalled at 20+ lbs from goal for over year. I'd like to lose most of those 20 by the time I take my first solo trip in February. Thanks, Katholyn for providing this support group!
1992, '94, '96 Poly, 1999 BWI, 2001 BC, 2003 BCV, 2004 BWV Solo, 2005 BWV, 2/2006 BCV, 12/2006 OKW, 12/2007 1st trip to DLR, 4/2008 BCV, 6/2008 DLR , 1/2009 SSR, 4/2009 DGC, 12/2009 BWV, 11/2010 SSR , 12/2011 BWV, 3/2012 HHI, 6/2012 VGC, 11/2012 BWV, 4/2013 AKV & SSR, 12/2013 VWL, 4/2014 BCV

lowe@massed.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 07:21 PM   #96
nativetxn
Honorary Brit
Everyone loves nativetxn
1967---"Summer of Love" sigh
Rabid bat attack survivor

DISboards Moderator

<b>DisneyGator01</b> Welcome to WISH, I'm so glad you decided to join us. We have lots of WW WISHers here. If you have any questions about the program all you have to do is ask and I'm sure you will receive many speedy replies. I hope you will share your WW expertise with others, too. Visit WISH often, it's a very motivating experience to do that.

<b>bairdbeth</b> Welcome to the DIS and a very special welcome to WISH, I'm glad you found us and I hope you can visit often.

You've got an excellent eating plan in place and now that you have WISH you are on the road to success. I'll bet you do great!

<b>lowe@massed.net</b> Welcome to WISH! I'm so glad to see you here.

I've never heard of the Carbohydrate Addicts Lifespan Program but I'm anxious to learn more about it.

Visit WISH often and participate as often as you can. You will find WISH a very motivational place.

<i>You may add the WISH member clipart to your signature if you want. What we do is begin with a <b>zero loss</b> no matter how much weight we may have lost before taking the challenge and then every time we lose 5 pounds we get to "trade up" to a new clipart. It's lots of fun and quite motivating.

There is an excellent post by our own LisaTx telling you how to add the member clipart to your signature right <b>HERE</b>.</i>

Onward and downward, my new friends. Get ready to <b>succeed</b>!

Katholyn

Texas Born, Texas Bred and when I die I'll be Texas Dead
nativetxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 03:58 AM   #97
jean88
Mouseketeer

Hi Everyone
Count me in i've got 50 week's to go till my Disney hol's and weigh 252lbs. so if i can lose an average of 2lbs a week that will please me so much, but i'm going to need plenty of encouragement, and i hope i can be of help to some of you as well

Thank's Jean xx
jean88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 08:11 AM   #98
Rhonda
Quote of the Day: Happiness is a Warm Puppy!

Hi Jean88!

Welcome to the WISH Challenge! You can definitely lose an average of 2 pounds per week! I've been doing Atkins for about 10 weeks, and have lost 26 pounds so far. Do you have a specific diet plan you want to follow? Many people here on WISH are having great success with Weight Watchers and with low-carb diets, such as Atkins. Personally, I think it makes it easier to lose if you have some kind of structure to follow.

Whichever way to decide to do this - you can succeed!! We're here for you, to offer encouragement, and hopefully get some encouragement back from you! Good luck!
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 09:54 AM   #99
jean88
Mouseketeer

Hi Rhonda
I'm doing the Atkin's diet but the thing i will find really hard is going without fruit as i'm led to believe i can't have any, if this is true how do everybody get round this?

Jean
jean88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 10:13 AM   #100
cheyita
If you believe in the Tag Fairy, you belong
It IS a small world, after all!
If you ride the wildest ride in the wilderness, look for my DIS button!

Okay, I'm ready! After having an old friend tell me this weekend, "You are bigger each time I see you." I'm motivated. I'm fortunate enough not to have to lose a ton, but my BMI has gone from normal to overweight, and I weighed 15 pounds less a year ago. So that's my goal - 15 pounds. If I can do it by Christmas I'd be thrilled. I plan on just basically counting calories and trying to stay around 1200, and exercising five days a week (skipping weekends). WISH me luck and self control!
Old 10-28-2003, 03:00 PM   #101
Pixie Power!
DIS Veteran

Room for one more? Ive been on the Atkins plan for a few weeks now after stalling whilst doing the slimming world plan. I have lost a fair bit but i still have a long way to go so this group sounds like a great way to have fun and get some much needed support. I also want to aim to make it to the gym at least twice a week and keep my water intake up.

Cant wait to join in.

Emma

Whoops, i forgot to mention, the main reason i want to loose weight (obviously health ect) but i go back to Las Vegas June next year and want to look great for it.
Old 10-28-2003, 04:23 PM   #102
lowe@massed.net
I live for Disney vacations!

CALP (Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program)

Quote:
Originally posted by nativetxn
<b>lowe@massed.net</b> Welcome to WISH! I'm so glad to see you here.

I've never heard of the Carbohydrate Addicts Lifespan Program but I'm anxious to learn more about it.
Thanks for the warm WISH welcome, Katholyn!

CALP was developed by Drs. Richard and Rachael Heller. It is a controlled- (rather than low-) carb plan for people who have difficulty stopping once they start to eat starches, snack foods, or sweets, have a tendency to gain weight easily or regain weight lost through dieting, experience sluggishness or tiredness after a large meal and experience hunger or cravings in response to stress, tiredness, or boredom

The basic plan has three guidelines:
1. Eat a balanced reward meal every day, beginnng with a 2-cup salad and consisting of equal portions of protein, low-carb vegetables and carbohydrate-rich foods (including dessert).
2. Complete your reward meal within one hour.
3. Eat only craving-reducing (low-carb) foods at all other meals.

Of course, this is just a very-brief outline of the plan. The book (same title as above) explains all the nuances. I have been following this way of eating for 2 1/2 years, have lost 30+ pounds, and will eat this way for the rest of my life. CALP has eliminated my cravings and compulsion to eat when not hungry. I finally feel free of my obsession with food and have gained energy and a real enjoyment of what I eat. Let me know if you want to know more.
1992, '94, '96 Poly, 1999 BWI, 2001 BC, 2003 BCV, 2004 BWV Solo, 2005 BWV, 2/2006 BCV, 12/2006 OKW, 12/2007 1st trip to DLR, 4/2008 BCV, 6/2008 DLR , 1/2009 SSR, 4/2009 DGC, 12/2009 BWV, 11/2010 SSR , 12/2011 BWV, 3/2012 HHI, 6/2012 VGC, 11/2012 BWV, 4/2013 AKV & SSR, 12/2013 VWL, 4/2014 BCV

lowe@massed.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 06:08 PM   #103
Pin Wizard
I now have a new favorite at Barnies
Don't touch my FDNY Mickey pin!
Virginia girl @ heart

I'm finally jumping in here. I want to get into my smaller clothes "again!" Especially that black velvet dress! So I'm carefully watching every morsel I eat and increasing exercise. So far, I'm trying to walk one hour every other day if not more often. Wish me luck!!
Pin Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 07:22 AM   #104
keenercam
Wishes she were Mickey's girl
Would settle for looking like Tinkerbell instead of Winnie the Pooh

Hi, everyone!! What an awesome thread and a fabulous forum. I'm loving lurking, but am now jumping on the bandwagon!

After having to come to terms with the fact that I cannot control a very serious health condition (not weight-related), I have decided to take control of something I have say over. So, I am doing Weight Watchers [again--have been successful in the past] and am thrilled to be among such awesome people!

Looking forward to getting to know all of you better! And to all of us "seeing" less of each other as time goes on.
Old 10-29-2003, 11:15 AM   #105
antmaril
DIS Veteran
The elephant topiaries near MK have a special meaning for me
I'm a girl

Smile

Okay, I'm in. I've been lurking here for quite some time. I have about 40 pounds to lose and I've been on almost every diet out there. I've done WW (several times). Lost 25 pounds once, but gained it back, plus some. I have all the diet books. I just can't seem to stay motivated.

I'm inspired by the people on this thread - everyone is so supportive of each other (and very successful). I am going to try to make better choices for myself and get some exercise.

We are going on a cruise in July (not Disney, sorry) for our 30th wedding anniversary and I would really like to lose some weight before that.

We are also going to Orlando in February (probably visit Epcot or MK one day) and it would be nice to lose some weight before that trip as well.

Thanks and wish me luck!
antmaril is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: