Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2005, 03:11 PM   #991
need_a_Disney_fix
There is nothing like floofing and twirling on a Friday night!
Sleeping bags and canned biscuits scare the crap out of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by aero99
Well I think I need encouragement so I am joining here. I have been working out for 3 weeks now (I am now up to 40 minutes/day on my recumbant bike). I have lost 3 lbs which is good for me since I am not a quick loser. Too bad I have 45lbs to go.

Melissa
Melissa, welcome! you will meet many people here who are in the same pickle. I am one of them. I lose very slow to the point of utter frustration. Please join us in the journal section and start your very own. Thats where you get so much friendship and support and you can let it all hang out.
Old 08-20-2005, 11:18 PM   #992
one_cat
Jack, you have debauched my sloth.

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Four weeks ago I started with LA Weight Loss. At that time I weighed an astonishing (for me) 293 pounds. My goal is 170. My counselor claims it will take a bit more than a year for me to hit my goal. So far after 4 weeks I'm down 13 pounds. Wish me luck.

September 1998 - Offsite
April 2000 - Old Key West
May 2001 - BoardWalk Villas
September 2001 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge
December 2001 - Boardwalk Villas
April 2002 - Boardwalk Villas
Planned May 2003 - Boardwalk Villas
one_cat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-21-2005, 07:18 AM   #993
disneymom727
DIS Veteran

One Cat that is awesome. Congratulations on losing 13lbs. Keep up the good work!

disneymom727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 08:27 PM   #994
DisneyRose
Mouseketeer

Exclamation

After 30 my metabolism has seized so I want to join your wish Challenge to lose a few pounds, exercise and get healthy.

Wilderness Lodge 5/98; Coronado Springs 10/02; POR 10/03; Wilderness Lodge 10/04; BCV 10/05; VWL 12/05; BCV 10/06; VWL 12/06; VWL 05/07; SSR 10/07
DisneyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 11:10 AM   #995
mykittenhatesyou
Can't wait for March 2006!

I'm definitely joining...planning on doing a whole lot of walking and maybe some leisure sports as well. Oh yeah, and way less desserts!
mykittenhatesyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 11:23 PM   #996
mindystar
DIS Veteran

I want to be a W.I.S.H. member too! My plan is to do the FIRM exercise tapes, and follow their monthly exercise plan. When I do exercise I always think twice about what is going into my mouth, and whether I'm really hungry or just bored. I also will make sure I drink 8 glasses of water--I already do that So it'll be a good start. Next May my sister will be getting married down in WDW and then will be our family vacation. I want to look and feel good while we are down there celebrating, and for the pictures that will hang on family walls for the rest of my life
1993-CR1996-Poly1997-Offsite1999-CR2002-AKL/Poly 2005-CR Feb 2006 PolyJune 2006-Sister's DFTW Custom Wedding (GF/CR)April 2007-PORDec 2007-Coronado2008-PolyMarch 2009-POR 30 B-day!May/June 2009-Family Vacation -GFJune 2010-CR May/June 2012-Family Vacation-PolyFeb 2013-Princess Half Marathon-POFQ December 2013-Pop Century
mindystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 12:14 PM   #997
Belle23
Mouseketeer

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindystar
I want to be a W.I.S.H. member too! My plan is to do the FIRM exercise tapes, and follow their monthly exercise plan. When I do exercise I always think twice about what is going into my mouth, and whether I'm really hungry or just bored. I also will make sure I drink 8 glasses of water--I already do that So it'll be a good start. Next May my sister will be getting married down in WDW and then will be our family vacation. I want to look and feel good while we are down there celebrating, and for the pictures that will hang on family walls for the rest of my life

Good luck! I started doing the firm tapes that involve the fanny lifter except I dont have the fanny lifter, but I have the 3 tapes and the sculpting stick and just a regular step. I started doing the tapes in May of 05 and by July I had lost 15 lbs. I was watching what I ate but not that well. Then in July I started having slim fast for break fast and lunch and then a baked potatoe, green veggie and grilled chicken. I am also getting at least 8 glasses of water in a day. I try not to go over 1200 calories and I exercise about 5 or 6 times a week for one hour. Once every week or two I have a cheat day. I think the cheat day has helped me not to plato(Spelling?). Since July I have lost 12 pounds. Anyway, I know you will look great for your sisters wedding and how lucky is she to have it at WDW!! I am also trying to work hard for my next trip next May to WDW. So good luck and have fun on your trip!!!

Belle23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 02:39 PM   #998
DisneyKT
DIS Veteran

Hi This is a great thread. Right now Im in a size 12 my short term goal is to get to a 10. My long term goal is to get back down to my original size 6. Wishful thinking on my part oh I hope not.

Congrats to all who have lost.
DisneyKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 10:12 PM   #999
MonkeyPants
DIS Veteran

realized I never posted in this thread started on 8/17
Old 08-31-2005, 03:02 PM   #1000
dvcmbr94
Mouseketeer

I've been checking out the posts here for the past year. I'm ready to step up to the challenge! My goal is to lose 50 pounds by eating more sensibly and exercising. This weight loss will help improve my blood pressure and prevent type 2 diabetes. I keep wanting to get started but find reasons to put it off. Hopefully with all the support I see here I'll really do this. And the biggest benefit will be if my DH sees my success and gets motivated also. Thanks for being here!

DVC since 1994

Last edited by dvcmbr94; 09-01-2005 at 09:23 AM.
dvcmbr94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 09:38 PM   #1001
lovehoney
DIS Veteran

I want to join the WISH challenge. I will use portion control, exercise and yoga to help me become healthy, strong and lighter (Goal weight is 160). I plan on exercising aerobically 4-6 hours a week and yoga for 1/2 hour twice a week. For portion control - I will eat sensibly with normal size portions (will follow what WW recommends).

I've always been overweight and have lost and gained hundreds of pounds. I have tried many programs (I think I joined WW about 5 times) and most of them work. I just haven't found what works for me.

I think Oprah is a very good role model. She tried so many weight loss programs that failed for her, but she kept trying and finally found what works for her. I did the same thing when I quit smoking 12 years ago. It took me 5 times before I quit for good.

I'm so glad I found this site on DIS. I can't wait to visit often.
lovehoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 12:07 PM   #1002
DisneyPinDiva
What? There's no more shrimp left? Who could have eaten them all?

Location: Where ever the Magic Wonder Dream or Fantasy takes me....

Okay... I saw so many of those little WISH Icons in peoples sigs on the Cruise boards that I just had to check it out. I have 2 cruises worth of weight to lose.... and then some... so my Dr doesn't put me on cholesterol medicine. I am going to try weight watchers on my own. I got the books from some friends and have tried the points thing for almost a week now. I have not weighed myself again since I am in Orlando at the moment and don't have a scale. I'm going to try and walk or swim every day too. Look forward to "meeting" all of you and getting some support. I really really need support because I have NO willpower.

Too many cruises to keep track of anymore!! MAGIC x 6, WONDER x 12, DREAM x 4 FANTASY x2 FIRST to
MAGICally cross from Kingdom to Kingdom! DCL Inaugural Panama Canal Crossing - May 2005, ,DVC Member Since 1992
I know where the Magic starts...

DisneyPinDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 05:49 PM   #1003
uratoon
Mouseketeer

Ok, I want to join the WISH challenge!
I just had a baby in April and I need to lose 120 lbs.
My goal weight is 140! I got a Gazelle for Christmas so I can walk on it every day.
I have no willpower and I hate exercise so this is going to be tough, but I need to start looking out for myself.

I also need to get in shape so I can walk around EPCOT without needing CPR!
Old 09-06-2005, 07:02 PM   #1004
DisneyPinDiva

Welcome Stacy... I just joined too.... we can be no willpower buddies...LOL. For example... right now I really have the munchies and I want to eat some snack mix or pretzels or popcorn or SOMETHING! Instead I am drinking water and playing on the computer so I don't think about it! I was really good yesterday.. did 15 laps of the pool. Thought I would need CPR afterwards but I made it. Today... rain rain rain so I'm stuck. Living in FL in the summer really puts the kybosh on outdoor exercise!!

Too many cruises to keep track of anymore!! MAGIC x 6, WONDER x 12, DREAM x 4 FANTASY x2 FIRST to
MAGICally cross from Kingdom to Kingdom! DCL Inaugural Panama Canal Crossing - May 2005, ,DVC Member Since 1992

Old 09-07-2005, 11:02 PM   #1005
DisneyPinDiva

Where is everyone??

Well I weighed my self finally this morning and I have lost 3 pounds since starting WW last week! Whoo hoooo! I never thought I'd lose that much in one week. Esp since I was bad last Saturday! I don't really feel like I've lost any though... but it sure is good motivation to keep going.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: