Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2005, 10:49 AM   #796
SnowWhite1985
Mouseketeer

Cool

I've decided there is no more fooling around. I was thin all through high school and when I met my bf i started to gain weight. Unfortunately, when I'm happy, I gain weight, so my choices are either dump him or loose it on my own, and I think I will stick to the second choice . I have been unhappy with my weight for about a year and a half and it is time I took control, especially with the Disney vacation coming in July. I want to look good in a bikini again, so I am going to loose 30-35 pounds. I am completely changing my diet around, and I am going to eat a whole lot healthier. I am also taking a body toning class, and I will excersize about 30 min a day on top of that. I want to look good for Mickey!
Old 02-27-2005, 09:01 PM   #797
AKB
Mouseketeer

I'm joining too! Started my diet 6 weeks ago with a weight loss challange at work. We still have 4 weeks to go, but I want to continue on. I'm hoping to get inspiration here to continue losing the weight I need to get off. I've lost 22 pounds so far and have at least 60 more to go.
Thanks, Kathy
AKB is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2005, 11:04 AM   #798
EthansMom
spare yourself from asking me to do karoake
The experience reminds me somewhat of the ancient Chinese practice of foot-binding

I'm officially signing up for the WISH challenge. I want to exercise and eat healthy so I have less of me to haul around Disney World in April. Longer term, it would be great to be fit enough to keep up with my active kids. (My 3 year-old is getting too fast for me to catch!)

EthansMom (and Molly's too)
EthansMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 09:44 PM   #799
ANTSS2001
Talented Poet
I have been addicted since I tasted them at the parks 3 years ago!
One less thing for me to think about
Hello peeps

Red face i'm in ...

I have been battling a yo-yo diet and hopefully this time I will be able to maintain a healthy living. I am only 5'2 with congenetal loose joints and was advised to stay between 120-130 lbs. which I did till 1997 and have developed allergies with seafood and latex ( work related ). My Doctor had to put me on prednisone not only for allergies but back aches which then I used an excuse why I let myself go and ate and ate like there's no tomorrow. Now am 194 and still in denial telling everybody this is "happy" weight... but recently a friends husband died and was only 34 y/o. It was my wake up call. No signs, no aches and end up with a massive heart attack. Today is my 3rd day sticking to 1200-1300 calories of healthy food ( veggies. fruit baked chicken breast and no microwave dinners anymore) and gave up rice and bread but Sundays ( just a small serving ) Hopefully I can reconstruct my eating habits. A lb at a time I guess is my goal And with a support group I have more chances in keeping myself on the right track! Thanks Guys! ... My main obstacle now is when I go on vacation! How can I resist all the fun and good food in Fulton's Crab House

ANTSS2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 10:22 PM   #800
ANTSS2001
Talented Poet
I have been addicted since I tasted them at the parks 3 years ago!
One less thing for me to think about
Hello peeps

I basically do the same thing....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoootch
Hi Debbie7452!

Just wanted to say I think it's great that you have decided to join in start with trying to loose weight along with the rest of us! Goodness knows, the decision to start is one of the hardest steps in itself.

Since you've asked though ... Just thought I'd let you know, I tried going that route myself and it didn't really work out so well for me I went from trying to cut back my portions and behave myself about eating the proper foods but after a week or two, suddenly my portions were back up to where they were before I started...enough for 2 or 3 people instead of just 1 and then of course the whole weight loss thing just went right out the window I then got to a place where I hit rock bottom..can you believe I wasn't there in the first place and started once again. This time of course with getting outside help. Now, that was me and since no 2 people have exactly the same personality, maybe you wouldn't have the same problems but even if you don't have an exact set plan I feel I would like to give you at least one suggestion and that is to find out what your portions should actually be and weigh and measure your food out. Even if you don't have an exact plan, if you know how much you should have in a sitting/meal and measure it out...you'd be much better off than what I had been doing. I had been trying to do a 3 meals a day thing and no eating in between which sounds great in theory - particularly since I was adhering to it for the most part but then found out later that even though I wasn't eating in between meals and being good (not cheating) so to speak, it was pointed out to me that the reason I was not loosing weight (and hence becoming quite frustrated) was because although I wasn't eating in between, I was still eating 3 times as much per sitting without even realizing it And of course, for the most part I was overeating the protein, not the veggies. Once I found out that I should only be eating 4oz of protein with my meals (chicken,pork,whatever) and that my brain thought that more like double or more was normal and started measuring everything out, low and behold, the weight started to come off

Now again, that was me...maybe things would be different for you. I don't know. But, personnally I think even if you don't have a set plan you may want to try making sure your portions are correct so you don't run into the same problem. I have come to realize for myself that I have more than a weight problem, I have a food problem and I am a volume eater so you may not have the same problem. But what a difference it made when someone pointed that out to me I think like anything else here on the boards, you just need to take what you like and leave the rest. So if anything I've said helps than great if not...than you're no worse off. Best of luck!
After studying the food groups and what works for me. I went for a check and a plus since I work in the hospital ( I can monitor my body chemistry) I went back to a 1200-1300 calorie diet eating 6 times a day. My main problem before was I skip breakfast (since I work from 3P to 12A) eat a big dinner, snack before I go home and eat again at 2AM. NOT Good! So now what I do is I start eating at 8AM ( learned from my friend that I am doing almost like the Michael Thurman Diet which is she lost so much and even the show *Swan* had use.. not promoting anything this was just a comment from my friend) for breakfast, a snack at 11AM, Lunch at 2PM Snack at 4PM,dinner at 6PM and beverage at 8PM I know it sounds alot but it stops the craving. You eat even if you are not hungry to induce metabolism. This way the body dont panic that you are going to starve it. A Sample menu :

8AM.... 6 oz coffee (flavored coffee nothing in it) 5 calories
1 pocket of oatmeal 150 cal.
1 medium size apple 80 cal.

11AM.... 6 oz flavored tea( no sugar no cream) 5 cal
1 mediam size fruit ( I preffer the same 80 cal
flavor for tea)

2PM.... 1 cup spinach - 10
2 cups lettuce - 20
1 med tomato - 25
3 oz chicken -160
1/4 cup onion - 15
2 tbsp dressing - 80

1 cup of cantoloupe 55 calories

4PM... 5 wheat crackers 80 cal
1 laughing cow cheese 35 cal

6PM.... 3 oz steam salmon 100 cal
1 cup broccolli steamed 40 cal
1 med. carrots steamed 30 cal
1/4 cup honey dizon for topping 30 cal

2/3 cup frozen yogurt 80 cal

8PM.... 6 oz capuccino 80 cal
-----------------
total : 1160 calories

of course your water intake in between, 15 minute walk in the AM and 15 minute walk in the PM and gradually increasing the minutes as the weeks go by. Hopefully this will work for someone out there... the key word is graduallly...

ANTSS2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 11:39 AM   #801
Scoootch
DIS Veteran

Just checking in....:)

Hey everyone!
Got on the scale yesterday (I get on every 30 days) and I have now lost 30.5 lbs since Mid-Oct. Whoo-Hoo!!
I'm a happy camper doin' the happy weight loss dance lol.

O.A. has been the best thing ever for me...just had to share

Best to all who are out there trying and working so hard with loosing those extra pounds

Last edited by Scoootch; 03-03-2005 at 12:20 PM.
Scoootch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 12:30 AM   #802
DznyDreams
A DREAM IS A WISH YOUR HEART MAKES . . .

RE-Commitment

First of all, congrats to everyone who has stuck to and succeeded on the W.I.S.H. challenge!

I originally signed up for the challenge in Sept. 2003, but I failed to stick to my plan. I haven't been doing so well since then, but I'm trying to rethink my strategies.

I am officially recommitting to W.I.S.H. (This time, I've even added the W.I.S.H. clip art so that I can't HIDE! )

My goal: To lose approximately 145 pounds by eating well-balanced, healthy meals and exercising AT LEAST 3 times each week.

A dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep; In dreams you lose your heartaches, whatever you wish for you keep; Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling thru; No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true!

11/13 CSR & Disney Dream * 9/10 CSR * 08/09 WL * 2/09 CSR * 9/08 BWV & POP * 5/08 POP * 11-12/07 CSR & Disney Wonder * 10/05 CBR * 10/04 BWV * 03/04 BWV * 10/02 OKW * 04/02 WLV * 10/01 OKW * 12/00 CR * 05/00 POFQ * 12/99 DL (aka: POR) * 09/98 CR * Offsite 95
Old 03-07-2005, 08:24 AM   #803
3lilprincesses
Mouseketeer

OK, I'm going to take the plunge. Everyone here is such an inspiration. If all you DISers can do it, so can I!! I have already committed to join WW (again!) this coming Sunday with my best friend. We have done it before and lost a good amound of weight! The trouble I have is sticking with anything for more than 3 or 4 months. I have also noticed that I have never been able to put both good eating habits and excercise together. I'm either losing weight but not excercising or excercising but not watching what I eat. And I know the real key to success is BOTH TOGETHER!!

Unfortunately, for the past YEAR I have been doing nothing -- and I have 40 lbs. to show for it. We (DH, 3 DD's) took our first trip to DW last January, and this is when I really got off track. After returning home, I never got back on track! We are going to DW again next January, and I really, really want to lose weight before then. I just wouldn't be comfortable walking around the parks for 7 days at this weight. I get out of breath just doing the housework!

I am setting my goal at 50 lbs. by our trip next January. I think this should be reasonable -- 5 lbs. a month. The biggest hurdles for me will be STICKING WITH IT, and putting both diet and excercise together. I think I will start today with the excercise, and Sunday attend WW and start the diet. Wish me luck!!
3lilprincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 06:01 PM   #804
cheerdancer11
Mouseketeer

Hello! I am looking to continue working out with videos at home, and to try to start a healthier diet. I am looking to become more fit, and eventually able to run a mile w/o stopping. Thanks for the support.

I'm hoping to go back over winter break!

-98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature (I don't know if i believe it though )***I'm the one in the Pink!
cheerdancer11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 06:17 PM   #805
MeetingMickeyin2006
Well, slotted pig, they're standard issue!

I wanna join! I have lost 5.5 pounds so far. I'm doing portion control and exercise. As a nurse, I know that this is the safest, most effective way to lose weight and keep it off. Eat less, move more.

MeetingMickeyin2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 02:00 AM   #806
flipperjc
Earning My Ears

Sign me up

I'm officially signing up for the WISH plan!! I'm currently doing Weight Watchers and have lost 12 lbs so far, been yo yoing but now that I know Disney is coming up in less than 2 months its time to get a cracking..I don't want to be tired when walking around the parks. My goal is to exercise 3-4 times a week and eat more healthy...not taking weekends off as a break in my diet!!

Jen
Old 03-09-2005, 06:05 PM   #807
HayGan
We could all use some pixie dust now and then :)
Papa Smurf Oh Papa Smurf!

Location: Steeler Country - PA!!!! Home of the World Champion PITTSBURGH STEELERS!!!

OK - I'm in!!!

I lost 35 lbs. in 3 months back in the Summer of 2003 following a low carb diet. I kept most of it off until mid/late last year. Lots of personal and work related stress enabled me to fall back in to my old (bad) eating habits. I've now put all of it back on plus 5 lbs. and I really need to get it off. I started back on low carb in November and lost 7 lbs in a week but my Dr wanted me to go off for a few days to do my blood work (all of which was excellent!) and I never got started again.

So you all are the first to know - I'm officially back to my low carb lifestyle and I hope to be treating myself to a new size 8/10 swimsuit in the summer!!!
Next up:
Girls Only B-Day trip for F&WF - Oct. 2013, Turkey Day & 1st cruise! Nov/Dec. 2013
, Key West & BCV for the first time!!! May 2014
HayGan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 06:15 PM   #808
Gymbomom
The best seat in the "house" for Illuminations is outdoor seating at the Rose and Crown!!
Next time tag me with something I said
Okay - Congrats

I am signing up for WISH please!
I am about 20 - 30 lbs overweight.
My goals are:
1. Lose 20 lbs.
2. Just be healthier!!!
3. Run the half marathon, which I registered for today, in January.
Old 03-09-2005, 11:56 PM   #809
GorshGoofy
Mouseketeer ~ DIS Dad #337

Gotta do something

Sign me up too. I'm a 48 y.o. male who has been alone for the past 10 years. During that time I've eaten a lot of fast food and pizza while sitting in my recliner in front of the TV. Consequently my last doctor's visit listed my weight at 202 lbs. For a 5'2" guy that's way to much. According to the BMI charts I should be at around 126 lbs. At this point I'd be thrilled to get back under 150 lbs and 140 lbs would be incredible. The doctor's visit also put me on heart medication to regulate my heart rate and warned my that I needed to regulate my cholesterol better. Since my dad died at 69 as an overwieght diabetic and heart patient that doctor's visit scared me badly.

I've joined a karate class (an old hobby) and I'm trying to walk every day and keep my eating under control. I have weights and a bowflex (that has so far made a great clothes hanging rack). I've also signed up for scuba classes to get re-certified before my October cruise.

So, my goals are

1. Improve general health through healthy habits and regular medical checkups and prescribed medications.
2. Lose weight (32-48 pounds) before my October 30 cruise.
3. Earn at least one karate belt rank before October 30 cruise.
4. Develop more lean muscle mass through regular exercise before October 30 cruise.
5. Complete scuba course and log at least 10 dives before October 30 cruise.
6. Be ready to stand beside the swimming pool on the Disney Wonder and take off my shirt knowing that I have worked hard to fashion the best body I could between now and then.
Pedometers at WDW ~~ I'm a Dis Dad #337! And a DIS Granddad!! PopC w/ My 3Grandsons Jan 13 ~ Pop ~ Feb 12 w/ wife's sister & family ~ Pop Century Dec 10 (Me & DD & DNiece & More) ~ Jan 10, Jan 08, Jan 07 Disneymoon! ~ Feb 06 Israel & Egypt ~ Oct 05 Land/Sea 3rd Solo! First Cruise! Pop Century/Disney Wonder ~ Jan 05 Pop Century 1st on-site!! 2nd SOLO! ~ Sept 04 off site ~ Feb 2000 Off site 1st Solo ~ Dec 98/99? w/ kids Off site ~ Summer 94 & 95 Yucatan, Mexico ~ Off site Dec 93 & Mar 90 ~ Jan '87 1st WDW Trip with baby DS ~ Off site ~ Winter '83, Summer 80, Summer '79 1st WDW Trip EVER ~ Summer '78 Tokyo, Japan
GorshGoofy

Walking to WDW X3!!
346/521 ~ Lee FL on I-10
17 ~ I 65 S / 30 ~ I-10 E of Tunnel / 37 ~ Fairhope / 40 ~ Malbis / 47 ~ Bay Minette/Gulf Shores (59) / 56 ~ Styx River / 68 ~ Alabama/Florida Line on I-10 / 81 ~ Pensacola / 90 ~ Milton / 124 ~ Crestview / 153 ~ DeFuniak Springs / 164 ~ Ponce de Leon / 180 Bonifay ~ 293 Monticello / 309 Greenville ~ 319 Madison ~ 330 Lee ~ 351 Liveoak ~ 364 I-10/I75 Intersection ~ 372 Lake City ~ 434 Ocala ~ 457 Fl Turnpike ~ 506 I-4 ~ 518 Exit 259 ~ 521 Pop Century Parking Lot
GorshGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 12:47 AM   #810
Lesli54
Glad to see that you had a chance to escape
Navigating restaurants can be tricky at best

I have looked and looked at this board and now I am at the point were I am actually ready to admit my real weight to people and do something proactive about it! Dr. Phil says "you can't change what you don't acknowledge". So here goes. I am 230lbs. at 5'7"! There I have said it. (Now should I tell the family?)

I want so bad to fit back into the clothes I wore when I married my husband almost 9 years ago. Not to mention, that I am really tired of being "in between" all sizes and not really looking good in anything. I love clothes, but it always seems to be the ones I can't wear anymore.

I gained alot of weight with my pregnancies, except the last, but then I never lost the weight from the child 5 years prior to the last one. So here I am, mother of 4 with the oldest going off to college and the youngest going through the terrible twos. So many milestones coming up and I want to be the best I can be for myself and my family. During the times that I wasn't overweight I was able to maintain so I know I can do it again.

I tried Curves with a friend of mine in March 2003 and really enjoyed it, but then she quit and I didn't want to go. Then tried again in Feb 2004 with another friend, she quit. During the summer of 2004, I was going by myself and I didn't mind, but I quit going in the fall when I had a lot of extra things to take care of and deadlines to meet. I know I felt better when I was exercising, had energy, was losing weight, and my clothes fit good. Now I have gained it all back and more. My biggest problem is lack of movement more than it is the eating, although that could still improve.

I am going to take the Dis Wish Challenge!
My goal is to lose 80lbs. When I reach 150, I will see if I can and want to loose a few more. I will workout by walking, biking, or strength training everyday. I will not eat after 7:30pm. I will continue to drink lots of water. I will work hard to fine tune my family's eating habits and provide even healthier meals.

By the end of the year, I will be a more beautiful ME!

Lesli54 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: