Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2005, 09:12 PM   #781
turtle51
Disney Fanatic

Starting 2morrow

I am planning on starting 2morrow. I am going to got the gym 3 times a week. Start drinkin lots of water again and go back to no more soda and canda and well junk food. My goal is to be in the 130's by the time of my cruise in aug. I have 20 pounds to loose. I should be able to do it. I think everyones support will help
Disney Magic Repo Cruise Aug 20 2005
WDW Pop Century Sept 3-6 2005

turtle51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 05:38 AM   #782
Good Deeds
Mouseketeer

Starting TODAY!!!!!

I have so enjoyed the DIS, met so many GREAT people and just came back from a GREAT trip to DISNEY with my family !! Now it's time to get busy....so excited to be working on a health goal with all of you!!

Every Memorial Day my family participates in a 5K walk/run in our community to benefit a scholarship fund set up by a family who lost their high school son suddenly and tragically several years ago! It is a GREAT event and a wonderful kickoff to the summer!

My goal is to be down several sizes 12 to a 6 by that Memorail day race! . (30 lbs).

I want to STOP snacking....eat my meals at the table only, drink lots and lots of water, and get back to excercising 5 days a week at the Y or on my Norditrack.... I also want to cook healthier meals to help my family become healthier!!!

I'll be checking in often and am so greatful to be working together on healthy lifestyle goals...

Good Deeds
Good Deeds is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2005, 05:40 PM   #783
Julia M
DIS Veteran
not clever, not witty, but loyal!

I'm intersted in joining the challenge. I have lost 41 pounds since last August (2004) on Weight Watchers.

I am hoping to be at goal for our WDW trip in December (2005)

Julia
August 2004:Vistana & Marriott's Grand Vista.....Hurricane Charley.....what an experience for West Coasters!
Christmas at Disneyworld, 2005: Polynesian
July 2008: Cypress Point Grand villas & Hilton Grand Vacation Club....sharing Disneyworld with friends
January 2010: Boardwalk Villas for a Disney wedding....
February 2010: Saratoga Springs...TWIRLMANIA!!
July 2010: Beach Club Villas & Marriott Imperial Palms
July 2013: a day in Orlando.....what to do????
Julia M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 07:15 PM   #784
heavenleigh412
I wish they sold pretzel bread at the bagel store across the street...

HI everyone
What a WONDERFUL idea this is!!
I am a 33 year old single mom who is disabled... I set a new goal last night and found you today... isn't that funny?
I am trying to lose 20-25 pounds by July for our trip to Disneyworld.
I am switching to grilling everything, and taking up a light exercise routine of biking and walking on our private beach... I am also adding more fruit to my diet (I am a summer fruit person, and there isn't much I really like in other seasons)

Tara Dawn
Old 02-22-2005, 10:40 AM   #785
elan
waiting for sandal season...

I need to exercise more (and eat less). I'd like to loose some pounds and not regain them. I've said goodbye and hello to the same 5 lbs that they have their own revolving door. Of course I'd be at my goal weight if the regaining part hadn't happened so many times. This is it though, I'm getting too old to keep fooling around with this. I'll join!!!!!
elan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 12:33 PM   #786
Bambi5826
Mouseketeer
The Tag Fairy says "HI"! :o)

I have been lurking here for some time now, and have fianly decided to jump into it. My FI and I will be taking a late honeymoon vacation in April of 2006. I want to lose 70lbs by then. That should take me down to 160lbs. 5 pounds a month souds easy...right? Better get moving!

Bambi5826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 01:58 PM   #787
moonfleck
Earning My Ears

Bambi5826 - Congrats on making such a big decision to lose the weight. You can lose the weight. It's a nice goal with plenty of time to accomplish it. Best of luck and support!
moonfleck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 11:20 AM   #788
Debbie7452
DIS Veteran

Need some motivation!

Hi to all you folks. I have never visited this board before, but since my diet/exercise plan started yesterday I decided it was time to post here.

I HATE exercising!! I know it's necessary now that I'm getting older (38) and everthing is trying to...how can I say this nicely...slip downward. But really, I have never been able to stay on any kind of exercise plan, even though I know all the great benefits. Help!

Here's my background info. I was overweight in High School and college. I fell in love with my DH in college and magically was suddenly able to lose 40 pounds. I have been able to keep it off all these years even through three children. A few years ago my thyroid quit functioning completely and since then I have struggled with my weight. I need to lose 15 pounds and put some muscles back where they used to be. 15 pounds may not sound like a lot, but on me those 15 make a huge difference in my appearance (about 2 sizes!).

I just started yesterday with "The Firm" videos of aerobics and weight training which actually I kind of enjoyed. I don't have a specific diet I'm just trying to eat healthy stuff in smaller portions and cut out the junk food. Do you think that's a bad idea...not to have a set plan?

I don't know what my goal date should be because my metabolism is so messed up that it doesn't work like it used to. Sorry to go on and on...

I am excited to join this group. Thank you!
Debbie7452 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 07:39 PM   #789
rcyannacci
A Feminist Princess...tiaras and equality for all!
Misses the noodles at O'Hana's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi5826
I have been lurking here for some time now, and have fianly decided to jump into it. My FI and I will be taking a late honeymoon vacation in April of 2006. I want to lose 70lbs by then. That should take me down to 160lbs. 5 pounds a month souds easy...right? Better get moving!
I'm also trying to get down to 160 pounds, 5 at a time...Go us

December 2004
rcyannacci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 09:57 AM   #790
Scoootch
DIS Veteran

Hi Debbie7452!

Just wanted to say I think it's great that you have decided to join in start with trying to loose weight along with the rest of us! Goodness knows, the decision to start is one of the hardest steps in itself.

Since you've asked though ...
Quote:
I don't have a specific diet I'm just trying to eat healthy stuff in smaller portions and cut out the junk food. Do you think that's a bad idea...not to have a set plan?
Just thought I'd let you know, I tried going that route myself and it didn't really work out so well for me I went from trying to cut back my portions and behave myself about eating the proper foods but after a week or two, suddenly my portions were back up to where they were before I started...enough for 2 or 3 people instead of just 1 and then of course the whole weight loss thing just went right out the window I then got to a place where I hit rock bottom..can you believe I wasn't there in the first place and started once again. This time of course with getting outside help. Now, that was me and since no 2 people have exactly the same personality, maybe you wouldn't have the same problems but even if you don't have an exact set plan I feel I would like to give you at least one suggestion and that is to find out what your portions should actually be and weigh and measure your food out. Even if you don't have an exact plan, if you know how much you should have in a sitting/meal and measure it out...you'd be much better off than what I had been doing. I had been trying to do a 3 meals a day thing and no eating in between which sounds great in theory - particularly since I was adhering to it for the most part but then found out later that even though I wasn't eating in between meals and being good (not cheating) so to speak, it was pointed out to me that the reason I was not loosing weight (and hence becoming quite frustrated) was because although I wasn't eating in between, I was still eating 3 times as much per sitting without even realizing it And of course, for the most part I was overeating the protein, not the veggies. Once I found out that I should only be eating 4oz of protein with my meals (chicken,pork,whatever) and that my brain thought that more like double or more was normal and started measuring everything out, low and behold, the weight started to come off

Now again, that was me...maybe things would be different for you. I don't know. But, personnally I think even if you don't have a set plan you may want to try making sure your portions are correct so you don't run into the same problem. I have come to realize for myself that I have more than a weight problem, I have a food problem and I am a volume eater so you may not have the same problem. But what a difference it made when someone pointed that out to me I think like anything else here on the boards, you just need to take what you like and leave the rest. So if anything I've said helps than great if not...than you're no worse off. Best of luck!

Scoootch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 12:31 PM   #791
Debbie7452
DIS Veteran

Hi again,

Scoootch...thank you so much for the welcome and the advice!

I am definitely listening. I have been reading a lot here and I am going to try eating the 5 small meals a day of healthy nutrition rich food to keep my body burning fuel all day. I will watch those portions carefully. I have to go do that Firm tape again.
Debbie7452 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 03:20 PM   #792
Scoootch
DIS Veteran

Anytime! Best of luck and check in and let us know how you're doing

Scoootch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 04:35 PM   #793
TPCShauna
Most Cheerful Creativear
I think "Under the Sea" would be a nice place to live
I definitely think that the colored mini marshmallows make the best peep poop

Location: Orlando, FL - just minutes from the magic! (but I'm still a Texas girl at heart!)

I'm In!!!

I am ready to take the challenge. I signed up for WW Online on Monday and I am officially starting on Sunday with next week's meal plan. This is something I'm ready to do and I have DH's support so I'm going for it.

Thanks in advance for all of the support you all provide. I was happy to put the member clippie in my signature.

Cheers!

Last edited by TPCShauna; 02-25-2005 at 04:36 PM. Reason: bad typing
TPCShauna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 10:24 PM   #794
JustLoveDisney
Mouseketeer

Test & count me in

My goal is to loose 60 pounds. I plan to workout 5 times a week and attend karate class 2 times a week. I will be changing my eating habits and addressing my stress in a positive way rather than eating through it!
Old 02-27-2005, 01:22 AM   #795
JustLoveDisney
Mouseketeer

test test test

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: