Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2004, 09:51 PM   #421
princesstommi
Once upon a time...

I want to join!!! Hi all!

I currently attend WW with a friend from work. I weigh in on Mondays to keep myself on program during the weekends. I have lost 5.6 lbs so far! Tomorrow will probably be a very bad WI, but it's okay. I've had a stressful couple of weeks, and I recognize that and I'm ready to move forward. My attitude towards losing weight is much much better this time around, I've dumped the sort of self-hatred that I usually carry and am focusing on being more healthy instead of *skinny*. My goal weight is about 60-65 pounds less than I am right now. A big number, but I'm taking it in little pieces. I'm just focusing on the next 5 right now.

My goal right now is to up my exercise. I have been not very motivated lately, and I know I need to break myself of that. I need to make it more of a priority. My goal is to work out at least 3 times this week, and then work up to 4-5 times a week. My main workouts are the elliptical machine (I'm up to about 40 minutes) and pilates. In the near future, I want to get my DH to take me to the gym to teach me weight training. I would love to strengthen and tone more muscles. It's difficult though, because right now we keep opposite schedules.

So that's my story in a nutshell. I'm very much looking forward to being involved in this community!

Fall 2000 - WDWCP - Vista Way, baby!!!
July 2002 - Our Disney Honeymoon! - *Animal Kingdom Lodge - *Disney Wonder
March 2004 - Family Trip - Old Key West!
October 2005 - Boardwalk Villas - First trip HOME!
princesstommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 09:51 AM   #422
DonDuck Fan
Earning My Ears

Me 2 Me 2

I need to take this Challenge too.

At the moment I am a stay home dad to two very beautiful daugters, ages 2 and 5.

I am married to a very dear wife, for 8 years. In our first year of marriage I joined WW and got down to goal in just over 6 months. Lost 50 pounds! But was never able to keep it off, I have found all those lost pounds and some of their friends to be a size and wieght I have never been before.

I have tried WWs again, and other diets but nothing seems to work like the first time. I am desperate.

We moved to a small town just over a year ago, so my wife could pursue a great opportunity. But I have met very few local people because I am very embarresed about my weight, so I do not go out much. Our oldest daughter wants to take swimming lessons at the local beach this summer, so I am going to have to take her, I can already feel the panic attack setting it.

Enough of that, that is what I am using to modivate me to do something about my weight problem. So here are my goals so far.

Very Short Term Goal

Take out all my WW stuff and look over the points system and track all that I am eating this week.

Another Short Term Goal

Get up and walk at least Three times this week and drink some water.

Long term Goal
To be at a weight I am comfortable with for our Dec Trip to the World.

DDF
DonDuck Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-07-2004, 02:53 PM   #423
cats7494
"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." Mother Theresa

I am taking it!

I am joining! My main problem is my lack of exercise!! Well, and food too!
I have joined a local gym and need to start going.... I have no more excuses left in my arsinal and I just need to do it!
I am thinking of joining TOPS - Need to do more research on that...
wish me luck!
cats7494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 09:39 PM   #424
Dakota_Lynn
DIS Veteran

Hello, I'm new to the WISH board, but after reading some of the threads here, I think it's a good place for me to hang out. I started a diet about two months ago and have lost 25 pounds. :D I've got a ways to go, but I feel good about this and I really believe I'm going to make my goal. I tried Atkins last year, but it didn't work for me, so now I'm just on a low calorie (800 calories a day) diet. It seems to be working.

This is a wonderful board, and I'm very glad it's here! What an encouraging environment!!!
Dakota_Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 04:08 AM   #425
EdiePA
DIS Veteran since 1997
Believing in God is way more important than believing in TFs... ;)

I'm a Weight Watcher member -- started 4 weeks ago with the intention of losing 10 lbs by my son's weddding, which is this weekend. I made that first goal and lost an additional 2.4 lbs. this week.

I'd like to lose 30 more lbs. this year, but mostly I just want a healthier lifestyle, with more exercise!

Edie

Never, ever underestimate the power of a dare!!
EdiePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 08:01 AM   #426
SKFamily
Mouseketeer

CATS 7494

I've been involved with TOPS for quite a while. If you'd like more info, check out www.tops.org you can look for a chapter in your area, and go to one meeting with no obligation to join. There's lots of information on the site, too.

If you have any questions, PM me.
<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'July 6, 2004 2:10:00 PM CST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkred>First trip to Disneyland! :D</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'And away we go!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>
SKFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 01:00 PM   #427
PenskeSth1
Davey is my little Pirate! Rusty Wallace Fan! Go Blue Duece!
I would keep my A/C on 60, but I could never afford the electric bill

I would also like to take the W.I.S.H challenge. I am a stay at home mom. I have started walking 3 miles every other day. I recently met a lady who lost 30lbs. by doing the adkins diet, but she goes 2 days no carbs and the third day she eats whatever she wants. She looks wonderful. She recently went to see her doctor because she kept loosing weight. He said she reversed her metabolism. WOW! That is what I would love to do.

I would like in the process to learn to eat properly though, we tend to eat late at night. Not a good thing. In all I would like to loose about 60lbs in the next 6-7 months. Is that being realistic?
PenskeSth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 04:28 PM   #428
ggray5
Earning My Ears

WISH Program

Hi. I would like to join, I've started WW and I've also started exercising at Curves. My next WDW trip is 12/10, and I would like to be 40 lbs thinner by then.

Gaylene in Olympia, WA
DVC 1993
ggray5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 10:32 AM   #429
skoi
DIS Veteran

Two years ago, the doctor told me to lose some weight. I lost about ten pounds with exercise and some cutting back on junk, but haven't lost any in almost a year. I just started the South Beach diet last Tuesday.

I'm not sure how many pounds I'd like to lose, but I do want to get rid of the roll of fat around my middle. I look like I have one of those tubes you get for the lazy river at TL around my hips. Maybe 15 or 20 pounds.

Dh is very supportive-- he's doing the diet with me too and has visibly thinned out in his middle in a week. He loses easily and tones up quickly- lucky guy.

I exercise at least 5x a week- 30 to 45 minutes on a stationary bike, and I'm going to add some strength training. I see a lot of people do pilates. Is it hard? Does it take a long time each day?

Thanks,
Julie
skoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 08:52 PM   #430
Brittwoman
Mouseketeer

I want in I had Lap Band surgery 5 months ago and I'm down 66 lbs and getting "bored" with the lap band boards that I belong to. Support is such an important part of weight loss and everyone here seems so caring and friendly

Jane

Brittwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 10:08 PM   #431
Gretel
I like being ME

I would like to take the challenge
I am thinking WW or just really watching what i out in my mouth and starting to walk again for excercise.
I also want to quit drinking pop and switching to water.
Gretel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 01:58 PM   #432
SamRoc
DIS Veteran

So glad i found this through the DVC website. I started Atkins 4 weeks ago and have lost 11 lbs. Started walking 3 days a week and noticed the inches have been coming off too.

1st trip 1975,1st anniversary trip 1983,Polynesian 1987,Ft. Wilderness Cabins 1990,Ft. Wilderness Cabins 1992, Contemporary 1995,Contemporary 1998 Disney Cruise,Polynesian Oct 2000, Fort Wilderness Cabins 2001, Motorhome Ft. Wilderness 2003, Grand Villa OKW April 2004,VWL Christmas 2004, Rental home April 2005,Ft. Wilderness Cabins Oct 2005 MNSSHP, Rental home Christmas 2005, 1st time in our home in Emerald Island Feb 2006!, EI March 2006, EI April 2006,EI June 2006, EI and Disney Magic (Wedding)August 2006,EI Oct 2006 MNSSHP ,Feb 2007,April 2007,Oct 2007 (Our 25th Anniversary!)Dec 2007 VWL, Jan 2008 EI,May 2008 EI,Dec 2008-March 2009 (1st snowbird experience!) June 2009 EI,June 2011 EI, Dec 2011 EI, Jan 2011 EI
SamRoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 06:41 PM   #433
lovetoscrap
Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there
Please bring back the Gecko and dump the stupid eyeballs
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

I need some support!

I started Dr. Phil last weekend--lost 2.5 and feeling okay.( kind of hungry and sick of veggies though!!!) I just really need some support and focus. I have kind of blown it this weekend!

My short term goal is to lose 10 lbs by 7/4 and then 30 by 12/4 when we take our 2nd trip ever to WDW . For our first trip last year I vowed to lose 20 and ended up gaining 10 instead

Long term I need to lose about 70. At this point I would be thrilled with 50 though!!!!

I am hoping to "meet" some others that are following Dr. Phil and get some ideas and encouragement.

SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
lovetoscrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 08:00 PM   #434
disneydreamer1970
Loves planning surprise Disney trips!

Count me in!!

Okay...I need get in better shape. A recent cancer scare (had melanoma on both legs) has really got me thinking. I need to get in a healther frame of mind.

I am going to start exercising, (walking, stationary bike and mountain bike) at least 5 times a week.

I am going to stop drinking soda and drink water

and I am going to eat better.

Hopefully, I will feel and look better soon!!!

Wish me luck!!!!

disneydreamer1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 01:16 PM   #435
rhanditresmom
Apparantly I play for the Washington Freedom Soccer Team, and I seem to be good! I had no idea!!
My siblings and I were seriously demented whilst growing up!
dub me "queen of the ellipses."

I would like to join as well. I have started WW again (after a couple of years and a few extra pounds!) and have recently started exercising regularly (stationary bike). My goal is to lose 50 lbs before I will allow myself another trip to Disney! So far I have lost 6 pounds...still have along way to go. Right now I am just focusing on my initial WW goal of 10% weight loss. It's nice to find a support group.
rhanditresmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: