Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2004, 10:55 AM   #406
zagafi
Out of the loop? I don't even know where the loop IS!

Taking the plunge to join you all! I have 9 week old twin boys (and a 5 year old boy), so junk food has become far too easy. I ate very well during pregnancy and I'd like to start those good habits once again. I need to lose around 75 pounds or so, and there's no time like now to start!

My goal is to eat better, more nutritious meals and incorporate exercise into my daily routine again. I'm thinking about doing the Couch to 5K plan, especially since I got a very nice double jogger for Mothers' Day.
Old 05-24-2004, 11:11 AM   #407
GoofItUp
DIS Veteran

Well, I've been on the WISH board for about 7 weeks, but realized I've never officially signed up! My goal is to continue exercising at least 4 days/week (usually more). The 6 week challenge I just completed on the WISH board motivated me to start the habit, and I intend to keep it up!

Off Site - 06/87, Off Site - 06/93, ASM - 11/01, Dolphin - 11/03, CBR - 01/06, POR - 09/07 FIRST TRIP WITH DS-10 mo!, Off-Site - 06/08 (DH's conference, so DS and I hit the parks!), BCV - 03/09 DS#2 was sick, so DH & DS#1 went alone! , DL Fairfield - 10/09 First Trip to DL & DS#2's first trip to a Disney Park!, 06/10 - BWV (Our first trip as OWNERS!), 06/11 - AKV-Kidani, 03/12-BWV, 06/12 - Not sure where yet!
GoofItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-24-2004, 12:14 PM   #408
WooWoo
Earning My Ears

Hi all

I want to join the Dis Wish Challenge. We might be cruising or going to the park in January or March and I want to be in shape!
WooWoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 06:43 PM   #409
Hollyann
ZJO for just today!
If you see me sleeping, I'm probably dreaming about tags
Can't keep her fingers on the right keys!

Thumbs up

First off, let me tell you how excited I am to find Disney enthusiasts who are interested in staying healthy and encouraging others! This site made my day! I have lost in the last two years about 50 pounds. However, my health didn't improve and I was diagnosed with "pre-diabetes". I also have high blood pressure, high cholesterol and an irregular heartbeat. Well, my doc put me on a low fat/low carb/sugar free diet for the rest of my life.....like the Atkins with less fat. I've lost 14 pounds and I feel better than I ever have! I'm so excited about joining W.I.S.H. and so - here I am - back at zero pounds! Visiting Disneyworld for my 40th birthday and hope to be down to my (medically) ideal weight. Only 30 more pounds. I walk 3 miles 6 days a week. Can't wait to hear from you!
Old 05-27-2004, 06:38 PM   #410
Kimmykins
Mouseketeer

Hello Everyone! I have recently been introduced to the Disboard and I found myself reading W.I.S.H posts a lot. I saw how supportive everyone was and how much help other people have gotten from you all, so I would love to join you.

I am 20 years old, will be 21 in June. :D I have always been an overweight person, and then a few years ago I decided to change that and lost 40 lbs. Well, then I met DF and my eating habits went down hill, fast. I gained back all of my weight! So now I've decided to do this once again but this time, stick to my healthy eating habits and exercising so as not to gain it back. I started my healthy eating on April 24th and since then I have lost 8 lbs. Hopefully, tomorrow I can add a few more on there.

My goal is to eat healthfully, and exercise 3-4 times a week losing about 40 lbs by September or October.

Thanks everyone!!
Old 05-27-2004, 07:56 PM   #411
AuroraluvsPhillip

Wants to live at the Grand Floridian-room 5341
aka Jingles Harriet

Zanesmama,

I just checked out that couch to 5K plan and it looks pretty good. I might give it a try. I'm looking to ease back into a walking/jogging program, I always seem to be bothered by severe hip bursitis when I run, even with brand new shoes, starting slowly etc. I might give this plan a try, thanks!
Old 05-29-2004, 04:33 PM   #412
mousemom218
Mouseketeer

Count me in!

I have been dieting off and on all my life. I gain it back each and every time, plus a little more! This time, I'm extremely motivated because I've gotten into a 5-6 day a week video exercise habit, which I'm hoping will help me get the results I'm looking for faster! It's great to have other Disney enthusiasts to lose with. I've just signed up for WW. I'm a lifetime member, and truthfully, it's the only thing that really works. My first goal is to lose at least 10 pounds before our July cruise! We cruised last year and I did the aerobics classes to keep from gaining too much. I think it worked--I only gained 2 pounds. This time I'm hoping to go in thinner and not gain at all. I look forward to losing with you!
Old 05-29-2004, 07:28 PM   #413
Wish I lived in Fl
DIS Veteran

Me too!

I woud like to join too.

20 lbs to not be officially overweight, 40 pounds to feel good.
Imagine NOT carrying 8 5 lb bags of sugar all day.

Can't blame the weight on my baby 'cause she's three already.

I want to use my Baby Jogger with the "couch to 3 k" program.

Plan on Dean Ornish plus salmon since that has worked well in
the past for me and my family and it is cheaper than Atkins-
(Therefore more money for WDW).

Planning my second wdw trip within a month after 4 yearsw of no vacation.
Wish I lived in Fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 01:04 AM   #414
kaekae
Earning My Ears

I want to take the dis W.I.S.H. challange. I am a nursing mom to a 11 month old. Being that I am nursing I need to stay comitted to eating healthy not only for my self but for ds too. Not to mention the extra weight I still haven't lost from pregnancy almost a year ago. A month ago I was introduced to the South Beach Diet and lost 11 pound. I know this plan works, but some how or another I have fell off track as sometimes it is easy to do. But I am very glad I found the W.I.S.H. forum. Every one is very supportive and just reading a few posts has helped get me motivated to get back on track. Thanks for the extra push. Count me in for the challange.

Good luck to everyone else!
kaekae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 11:16 AM   #415
MommyBoo!
Disney Mom

I want to join too. Another nursing mom here, mine is 4 months old. Just looking to eat healthier. We eat pretty good right now, but I have a horrible sweet tooth. All of a sudden I have NO willpower when it comes to sweets! There is now nothing tempting in the house because of this.

Anyway, this baby is #3 and since I still have some extra weight from #2 (from way too long ago), I'd like to lose 40 pounds.

Sue
MommyBoo! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 07:19 PM   #416
keypooh90
Lovatic

Hi! I am 13 years old! I weigh 169.75 lbs and am 5 ft tall with a 40in. waist. I hope to lose 10 lbs by june 16th, our disney trip date. I hope to eventually lose 69.75 of those pounds to get me to the standard for my height and age. I hope to get down to a 35 inch waist by june 16th. I will reach this goal by walking at least a mile a day, swimming laps and running in the water for an hour aday and using the step glider for 10 mins working up to twenty. I will be following weight watchers plan put cutting out all chips, candy,cake ,soda etc!
Old 06-02-2004, 04:47 PM   #417
MN-dizmooner
I'm EPCOT Crazy

Smile

I am getting married Sept. 25 and want to look better for my future wife. I began running on a treadmill, doing push-ups, and doing sit-ups six weeks ago, and I have lost 20 lbs. already. I also stop drinking pop and began watching my calorie intake. My goal is to lose 10 more pounds, and begin to firm up. But most important is to be in shape for my Disneymoon.
Fort Wilderness '92
Polynesian '04, Honeymoon

Matt
MN-dizmooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 12:28 PM   #418
shellbell
When it rains, it pours

Hiya I'm joining today, I need to loose about 20lbs before our trip to WDW in September. i have been dieting on and off for a couple of years but now i am really going for it

Goodluck to everyone

Michelle

June 05 1wk AS Movies, 1wk villa, 1wk Indian Rocks Holiday Inn
Oct 06 2 wks Pop Century, 1wk Villa
May/June 08 3wks Pop Century
shellbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 04:21 PM   #419
SKFamily
Mouseketeer

Here goes...

I'm getting back into actually using TOPS (Take Off Pound Sensibly) since I know it works for me. I've been chapter leader for over a year now, but we've been floundering and so have I. So, here's the deal:

Start actually doing TOPS again (basically healthy eating using the Canada Food Guide/American Food Pyramid) and getting back on my exercycle, even though it needs a new part. And doing the stretching exercises I should be doing for CP, anyway.

I've already done 6 minutes on the exercycle today. That's good enough for starting over without overdoing it.

Now to go figure out the "clippie" part.
<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'July 6, 2004 2:10:00 PM CST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkred>First trip to Disneyland! :D</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'And away we go!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>
SKFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 06:11 PM   #420
CrazeeGrammaG
Earning My Ears

Join me Up!

I've been lurking on here for quite a while. My DD, ontariodisneywoman, suggested that I come here for support.

I started ATKINS the week before easter and have lost about 50lbs: I have only started weighing myself.. before that I was using inches as my measure. I have lost a total of 45 inches- 7 on my waist alone.

I've still got lots to go and have used your support by reading posts and journals.

You are all such inspirations that I would love to become part of the challenge.

W.I.S.H. Challenge here I come!

My Goals:

To be able to sit in an airline seat without an extender belt.(accomplished).

To lose another 50lbs (and then I'll make another goal I'm sure).

To get around WDW without the use of an ECV(October 25th next trip).

just wanted to note that I had to edit the measurements.. I re-measured and actually weighed myself today(I have been avoiding the scale as I have always been a little frightened of it- go figure at over 300lb).
<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'October 25, 2004 4:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=red>MNSSHP with DB and DD- Adults only Trip </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Do I have to Come Home?';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

Started Atkins April 5, 2004- 300+lbs
First time on a scale since then: The Day I Joined W.I.S.H. June 5, 2004- 248lbs

Last edited by CrazeeGrammaG; 06-05-2004 at 06:31 PM.
CrazeeGrammaG is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: