Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2004, 02:32 PM   #391
FSUMARCHIEF
Adjust your cargo deary
Not quite the wooo hooty, but I always follow through on a challenge!
Cross my heart. I swear!

Location: Over here. Well, over here. Aw heck, you'll see me.

Hi everyone - I haven't read through all the posts - just a few, and wonder if there are other men on here - surely I'm not the only guy that needs to lose! Anyway, my wife, son (2 1/2 yr old) and I are Disney Vets and love to go. We're going the middle of September again for our next trip and reading the post has motivated me. I lost 55 pounds last year doing SugarBusters. It's a great diet that helps you eat healthy without much exercise. I'm a United Methodist Minister and don't have an awful lot of time for exercise. Anyway, I was at 280 last year and lost to 225. I'm still right at the 228.5 mark but want to get down below 200 before September. It's amazing how much easier it is to walk around the parks without the extra 55 pounds! The ideal weight for my height is around 180 so who knows, maybe I'll get there too! I'll keep you posted - keep me in your prayers - everybody in churches thinks the preacher has just got to eat their fried chicken! Let me know and I'll pray for y'all through this too! Thanks.
FSUMARCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 06:42 PM   #392
aero99
VWL & HHI DVC Member!

Hi!

Well I started today with Atkins and working out everyday at least 20 minutes. I had lost a lot of weight for my wedding (Sept. 03) but have become a chubby wifey since. I would like to lose 35 lbs.

Thanks for letting me join in!
Melissa
Past Trips: Swan, CR, OKW, Dolphin, Sheraton Safari, DVC HHI, SSR, AKL, VWL, ASMu, CBR, DVC VB, Treehouse,
Upcoming Trips: Fall VWL/AAR trip
aero99 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-13-2004, 03:50 PM   #393
Alice28
DIS Veteran
I'm Doombah Frickin Butt, nice to meet you!

I'm starting a new day today and began Weight Watchers online. I have done WW before (in my early 20's) and was successful with it. It's 10 years later, and I need to lose about 30-35 pounds, and plan on celebrating with each pound lost! If can lose more than that, great, but mostly I just want to be comfortable in my own skin again. I plan on following WW's point plan and stepping up my exercise. I'm hoping by my trip to Disney that I will have lost the majority of the weight I intend to lose! What a motivator!
Alice28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 12:25 PM   #394
jcemom
Official Tag Fairy Assistant
I like it here and I want to stay! :)
think of all that money I could have put towards Disney!

I'm back! (I haven't been over here since I fell off the Atkins wagon last June, lol.) Luckily over all that time I only gained back 4 of the 10 pounds I lost last time. It could have been much worse!

I started Atkins again on Monday and hopefully can stay with it this time. I have missed how good I felt last time! :D

I need to stop jumping on the scale everytime I walk past it though, lol. I do know weight varies from day to day and even from one time of day to another, but I can't help myself! ugh! Starting today I am planning on Monday weigh-ins, making it weekly, and otherwise I'm staying off the scale! lol

(Looking to lose about 30 ponds, but would be happy with 20.)

* 9/2015 Fantasy & ??? * 12/2014 BWV * 9/2013 AKV & Dream & POR * 9/2012 BWV & AKV * 2/2011 CBR * 1/2010 Pop * 9/2009 AKV * 1/2009 BCV * 9/2008 POFQ * 12/2007 OKW * 1/2007 Pop * 10/2006 Pop & OKW * 1/2006 BWV & AKL * 9/2005 Pop * 6/2005 POR * 2/2005 WL * 2/2004 AKL * 2/1989 offsite * 6/1978 offsite *
jcemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 01:04 PM   #395
TiggMan
DVC Member VWL, BCV, SSR

Hi everyone. I've finally had enough and am dedicated to losing 30 pounds. Thanks for letting me join with you. Atkins, here I come!

8/77, 8/78, 11/87, 11/91 Offsite, 11/94 Disneyland Hotel, 11/97 CBR, 1/02 & 11/02 AKL, 2/03 VWL, 8/03 OKW, 10/03 BWI, 1/04 BCV, 5/04 YC, 10/04 BCV, 3/05 CR & VWL, 05/05 & 10/05 SSR, 11/05 BC, 4/06 VWL, 08/06 Poly, 11/06 BCV, 2/07 VWL, 5/07 BWV

TiggMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 04:39 PM   #396
Cinderellafifi
Remembers people walking around in Uncle Sam Hats
Livin' the Disney Life

I started the SBD a week ago and I hope to lose 20 pounds. I've lost 5 so far...but it's tough! I have a petite frame so every pound counts.

I am also a scale addict. I also cannot walk by without hoping on - and I know I not learning anything as weight fluctuates.

Good luck to us!!!

In loving memory of my Mom ~
She lost her battle with breast
cancer on 7/23/06
Cinderellafifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 09:51 PM   #397
il-gander
I Dream of Disney!

I started about 8 weeks ago, and have lost 15 pounds as of today. I'm seriously restricting my calorie intake, and doing 30 minutes on my Gazelle elliptical machine 4-5 mornings a week. My goal is to lose another 30-40 pounds. 40 pounds would be where I was in high school - that would be quite a feat for a 35-year-old who has had two children, LOL!

Carla
October 2006 - Free Dining at POR!

il-gander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 09:23 PM   #398
BeamsofLight
One of the 'They' in 'They say it's going to rain'
I do have very comical memories of me flushing

~ Yearly visits with my parents 81 - 89 (offsite) - Contemporary Dec 07 - CBR May 91, 92, 96, 97, 01 - Aug 98 - Sept 00, 03 - Dolphin Oct 08 - GF Jan 10 - POFQ Sept 02 - Oct 08, 10 - Dec 07, 10 - Polynesian Dec 04 - WL Jan 04 - June 04 ~

Last edited by BeamsofLight; 10-14-2004 at 01:02 PM.
BeamsofLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 11:43 PM   #399
KatieBelle
Queen of the Pirates

I started WW online yesterday. I plan to exercise and follow the WW plan. I hope to lose 25 pounds. After having 4 children within 5 years, I am ready to look thin and trim again!
<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'December 16, 2004 9:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkblue>Countdown to the Poly Concierge</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Home Again at the Poly!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>
<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'January 9, 2005 6:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=red>Our First Marathon/Half-Marathon</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Meeting the Challenge!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>
KatieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 08:24 PM   #400
AuroraluvsPhillip

Wants to live at the Grand Floridian-room 5341
aka Jingles Harriet

I would like to join too!

I need the motivation now. I was doing good about 2 years ago, going to the gym before work, weights, elliptical. People were noticing and I got down to my goal weight! I vowed I would never again slip into my bad habits, but I did....I stopped going to the gym, workouts got harder and now I haven't seriously worked out for over a year. I need to get back into my good habits! I can't go back to the gym because it's just too early for me to work out so I'll have to do it at home after work. Cardio: maybe go for walks around the neighborhood...I'd prefer to jog, but I haven't been able to for awhile due to bursitis symptoms in my hips. I also have a Nordic Track, but I hate it, it's boring. Of course there are my dumbbells looking at me now....

I think I'll start with brown bagging a healthy lunch for work tomorrow. Let's see...it's 8:30...might have time for a few sets before bed...see, you guys are helping me already!

My goal is to get back to 135-140 lbs. by my 45th birthday in September. I'm probably somewhere around 160 now.

Thanks. I'll check in again later.
Old 05-17-2004, 12:04 AM   #401
Stacerita
DIS Veteran

Wow.....

Reading these posts have now got me motivated once again.

Just a quick run down of where I am at. Last year I lost close to 40 pounds. Then gained about half of it back. Between Jan and Mar I was able to lose those pounds again. But, because of stress and my lack of will power since april I have almost gained 15 back once more. So in total, I have only lost 25 pounds. Which I am proud of, but know I have more to go. I have a wishing goal of losing 75 more pounds...(a true wish with pixie dust of course). But I would be happy with any loss.

I plan on doing what works.....eating healthier and working out. I try to keep my calories within limits - low fat and more "good for you" foods. I do tread mill at least 5 times a week and then take a day to do some yoga to unwind. Also try being active every chance I get. But what helps me the most is being postive and keeping my eye on my goal.

Seeing all these post and seeing how everyone else is motivated has now got me back on track once again. Im actually looking foward to tomorrow and starting back on track. Good luck to everyone!

Inappropriate graphics will be deleted from signatures.
Please remember this is a family-friendly site
Stacerita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 03:00 AM   #402
LisaLovesDisney
Disney Bride~December 3, 2003

Talking

Hi All,
I lost about 20 pounds before my DW last December and I was at 5'7 155lbs. Since then I have been working 3 jobs to save for a home I have neglected myself. My husband and I are going on a cruise in the fall and I would love it if there were less of me! I have had the most luck with the low carb diet and remebering to drink my water everyday! I also would like to start walking during my lunch breaks everyday and slowly incorporate more exercise as the weight comes off. My goal is probably to lose 40 pounds and just start living a healthier life style. Also my husband and I are talking about having a baby so I would like to be fit to prevent any complications from being overweight. Another modivator for me is that this year I will be 30 and would like my 30's to be healther than my 20's. It is time to care of ME!
Dec 03-Our Disney FairyTale Wedding-BWV
04 & 05-Disney's Hilton Head
Dec 06-Saratoga Springs
Oct 07-First Disney Cruise
April 08-Animal Kingdom Lodge
Oct 08-Saratoga Springs
June 09-Disney's Vero Beach
May 10-Animal Kingdom Villas
May 11-Disney's Vero Beach
June 11-Animal Kingdom Lodge
LisaLovesDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 03:45 AM   #403
LisaLovesDisney
Disney Bride~December 3, 2003

Unhappy

I tried to add the icon and lost everything under my signature I don't know how to get it back. Any suggestions?
Dec 03-Our Disney FairyTale Wedding-BWV
04 & 05-Disney's Hilton Head
Dec 06-Saratoga Springs
Oct 07-First Disney Cruise
April 08-Animal Kingdom Lodge
Oct 08-Saratoga Springs
June 09-Disney's Vero Beach
May 10-Animal Kingdom Villas
May 11-Disney's Vero Beach
June 11-Animal Kingdom Lodge
LisaLovesDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 11:34 PM   #404
Aroura
Wishing for some magic

HI all.... I would like to join you all also....

I am 24... going to be 25 in July, and have been overweight pretty much my whole life.. LOL... Did GREAT on WW 2 years ago, and lost 45 lbs.. But, then alot of 'life" stuff happened, and I also ended up in the hospital for a while... and have gained EVERYTHING back....

I have started to walk again. and going to Join Curves.... I don't have a problem with what I eat really... WW says I have a problem because I DON'T eat.. and my body won't let go of any of the calories I do consume.. and another major problem of mine is getting off my butt..LOL..

so, I think it would be great to have the support... I would really love to join.

Aroura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 06:18 PM   #405
Zoesmama03
DIS Veteran

I posted a little intro but wanted to join in on this challenge stuff.

I've got 120-130 lbs to loose so it is a long road.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Zoesmama03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: