Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2004, 02:21 PM   #196
luvmydogs
and my cat, too
Too lazy to go to sleep
Featured in the "Women of WISH" calendar
Oh, for Pete's sake. Who in their right minds are threatened by loving, gay penguin parents?

Hello everybody! I'm joining WISH today to help me maintain my 110lb. weight loss. Sometimes trying to maintain is SOOOOOO HARD, but I really want to commit to staying healthy (it's amazing what the loss has done for my cholesterol, triglycerides, and b.p.) for the rest of my life. Much luck and good wishes to everyone!

luvmydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 02:23 PM   #197
TooBoyz4us
Run! The Tag Fairies are everywhere!
Please stop licking your monitor. It's hard to clean the smudges off, and electrocution sounds painful.

Talking Make room for me, I am stepping aboard ;-)

After several false starts in late 2003, I am determined to make this a go.

I am committing to the Carbohydrate Addicts plan, as this worked very well for me in the past.
My goal is to lose at least 75lbs before our next WDW trip in October 2004.

I need lots and lots of support

~Chris

9/1997 @ CBR...10/2002 @ CSR ...9/2004@WL...9/2009@ CSR......
11/2013 @ POR
TooBoyz4us is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2004, 02:27 PM   #198
arizonacolbys
Owner of 2 Crazy Labs!

Talking At it again....

Over the summer I was a member of the WISH challenge & did very well on Atkins. I fell off the wagon over the holidays & am jumping back into things this year with a new plan. A co-worker & myself are trying Weight Watchers thru the on-line service. I am looking forward to watching the scale go down over the next few weeks.

Thanks & good luck to everyone!
All Star Movies: Jan 2000 & Sept 2001 ~Poly & WL: Dec 2002, Contemp: March 2003 ~ POP - Sept 2004 (w/Jeanne!!), Jan 2005, May 2005 & Sept 2006! ~ BWV - Oct 2006, POP & CBR: Jan 2007 ~ WL: Aug/Sept 2007 ~ Poly & SSR: August 2009 - Maddie's 1st trip! ~ POR: Jan 2010 - girls only while hubby served in Iraq ~ SSR: Dec 2010 - Evelyn's 1st trip! ~ POP - May 2011 ~ AKLV - Sept 2012 ~ OKW: Dec 2013 ~ Upcoming trip - Dec 2014!!
arizonacolbys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 05:03 PM   #199
IloveDMB
DIS Veteran

That's It-I'm Recommiting Myself

Back in May, I started the Atkins diet and by August I had lost 30 pounds!

Well, once school started again, I couldn't control myself, and I gained a little weight, but basically kept around the same weight.

Then the holidays came and everything went out of the window. I'm afraid to step on the scale and look at my weight.

Anyways, after I type this I am going to weigh myself because this morning I started Atkins again. I'm a tad tired but I'm forcing myself not to take a nap.

I will be starting a journal sometime soon so please come over and comment on that!

My mom and I are doing this together and that is what we did over the summer, which helped.

I'm trying to decide whether I should go for a high weight loss (like 100 pounds ) or go for something more realistic (like 50). Any suggestions?

Thanks everyone and I'm excited to be joining the challenge.
IloveDMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 08:33 AM   #200
Rhonda
Quote of the Day: Happiness is a Warm Puppy!

Welcome to a new year of WISH everybody!!!

luvmydogs : Congratulations on your fantastic loss! That's incredible - you must be so proud of yourself!! Did you follow a certain diet and/or exercise plan? We'll be happy to be here for you as you maintain!

TooBoyz4Us : Well, you came to the right place for lots & lots of support! The CA plan will be great for you - you'll feel so good while following it! It's great to be healthy and lose weight at the same time!

arizonacolbys : Welcome back! Good luck with WW - I know lots of people here are having great success with it! Keep in touch and let us know how it's going!

ILoveDMB : Welcome to WISH! I don't think there's anything wrong with having a long-term goal of 100 pounds - but maybe look at shorter goals in the meantime! You'll lose your first 20 pounds on Atkins in no time! And, you'll be feeling so healthy that the rest of the 80 pounds will be a breeze! Good luck - and keep us informed! We're here for you!
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 01:18 PM   #201
Trish5768
Each food in its own time
My house was clean yesterday, sorry you missed it.

I'm going to give Dr. Phil's diet a whirl. Has anyone had any success with it? I'm also going to start working out 3 or 4 times a week. I would like to lose about 65 pounds as I'm 197 right now. My first goal will be my cousin's wedding in April-hoping to be down at least 20 lbs by then. W.I.S.H me luck and thanks!
Old 01-06-2004, 02:50 PM   #202
Valentine
BL II - Purple Team
Solo Travel addict
Photo Editor Wizard
Memories of Jambalaya and Sunday School...
I respect the heirachy of my cats

Okay...so I am ready to start again... but this time I am not stopping.... I have started going back to Curves (which I love btw!!) I had to stop because I fell during the blackout here over the summer and really screwed up my knee and rotator cuff.. but Now I am all healed and ready to go!!! I lost about 15 lbs over the summer... and put back on about 5 since I stopped exercising... sooooo here I am ready to recommit... I joined WW again last night and have been OP all day.. not a moment of wanting to stray.... and I also have the Dr. Phil book... I will read it.. and maybe try and do a combination of the 2... see what works best for me.... ... so.. good luck to us all.... and I hope to see alot less of us next year

Kathy

Tough Guy
Valentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 12:42 PM   #203
blondepixieduster25
Earning My Ears

Well i packed on the winter weight ughhhhh. SO it back to weight watchers online for me My goal is 20 pounds by april.

Wish me luck!!

Tracy

blondepixieduster25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 06:35 PM   #204
tw1nsmom
DIS Veteran

I'd like to join too. I started south beach on 1/1/04. My big goal is to lose 110 pounds, but if I could get under 200 and stay there I would be really happy. I haven't seen the underside of 200 since high school. Right now I'm not sure if I can do this. I've tried and given up on just about every diet out there. I can use all the support I can get.
tw1nsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 07:53 PM   #205
Bacrd
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally posted by tw1nsmom
I'd like to join too. I started south beach on 1/1/04. My big goal is to lose 110 pounds, but if I could get under 200 and stay there I would be really happy. I haven't seen the underside of 200 since high school. Right now I'm not sure if I can do this. I've tried and given up on just about every diet out there. I can use all the support I can get.
Wow...the exact duplicate of my life !!

Here to joining !!!

In 2001, I lost 40 lbs on Atkins for my daughters wedding and have since put all but 8 lbs back on. My goal now is to loose 50 lbs to go to Cancun in September.... I'll probably still look like a "beached whale".... but a smaller one !!!!

Help me!!!!!!!
Bacrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 08:31 PM   #206
Byrd
DIS Veteran

Started yesterday, 1/07/04

After three knee surgerys during the past 4 years I have gained 60 pounds. That's awful. If I don't stop I hate to think what I'd way in ten more years.

So... I need your help and will give support to all of my new friends here!

I plan to do my best by watching what I eat, try more low fat, and walk, walk ,walk

Started walking today. Walked twice for a 1.5 mile. Not as much as I used to to but it is a start.
Thanks for all you do.

(My name is Cathy and I hope to be a slimmer teacher. This is my 30 th year teaching. This should help the knee and blood pressure)
How and where do I report?
Byrd
Byrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 09:27 AM   #207
DizMare
Mouseketeer

Hello, All!
I made WW goal weight November a year ago, but I seem to use that goal weight more as a trampoline than a gate. I want to do two things: get to my goal weight and STAY there and do it in healthy manner (rather than nearly starve the day before weigh in, and then pick the absolutely lightest clothes to get weighed in, sigh...)

Oh, and I am also PUMPED to become a WISH walker! Thanks lulu201 for telling me about this. The training for this big event is bound to be a major help in tonnage reduction!

Maryann
DizMare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 08:53 AM   #208
Rhonda
Quote of the Day: Happiness is a Warm Puppy!

Hello Everyone!

Trish5768 : I don't know much about Dr. Phil's diet, but I've seen it discussed here! Whatever diet you choose, you'll find lots of support here on WISH! Welcome!

Valentine : Curves is great! I'm glad you're feeling better, and good luck! We're here for you!

Blondepixieduster25 : Good luck! I think just about everyone here is in the same boat as you! LOL! But, we're here to support each other - so keep us informed of your progress! :happy1:

Tw1nsmom : You've definitely come to the right place for support! And, I'm sure you will have success with the SBD! For me, eating low carb is the only way to go! I'm under 200 for the first time in years! You will feel so great, that you won't ever want to go back to your old way of eating! Good luck!

Bacrd : We're here to help! As you've already learned, Atkins is the way to go! Eating low carb is healthy, as well as successful in helping you lose weight! You will look marvelous in your new smaller-size swim suit in Cancun!!

Byrd (Cathy) : Welcome! You've "reported" to the right place! And, you're on the right "track" too! Walking is great for you! You will be seeing those 60 pounds drop off in no time!

DizMare : Stick with us to keep motivated on your diet, as well as training to be a WISH walker!! And, be sure to share your motivation with us as well! Good luck!
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 09:12 PM   #209
DVC Jen
DIS Veteran
Wigs out even the biggest circus freaks!
Proudly wears the title of WEIRDEST DISer!

I want to join.

Hi I just posted on the mail forum introducing myself and now I am posting here letting everyone know that I also wish to join the challenge. My goal is 60 pounds. Wish me luck.

Check Out My Disney Vacation Photos My Disney Family Vacation Galleries

DVC Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 02:35 AM   #210
Kimickey
Excellence Doesn't Just Happen It's a Decision You Make Everyday!
Gets her fix from the Disney commercials
I refuse to drive a dirty car

My name is Kim and I'm new to the WISH. I'm going to take another jab at losing weight this year. Sign me up for the WISH. My goal is to lose 35 lbs. and tone my body. I'm 5'9 and weigh 169 I just had my second baby this past December and want to lose the baby fat.
Kimickey is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: