Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2013, 01:52 PM   #1951
lovthesurf
Earning My Ears

Hi my name is Carol Lyn. I joined the board last year but I am only now really getting to read all the threads. I may never catch up because every thread is more interesting than the one before! I would LOVE to join in on this! I started losing last summer when I hit my top weight of 272. My starting weight for this journey is 222. I still have a long way to go but I will get there. I would like to lose about another 50 lbs but more than that is is my goal to do the 2015 Princess Half. I only recently really started running but I am determined to make it....biggest issue will be the cost, I will make it happen though!

Anyway, my current plan is better food choices and a combination of running days and cardio days which consist of hip hop abs, circuit workouts and kettle bell workouts.

I look forward to meeting others!

more trips than I can count before I turned 16
2003 Honeymoon CBR
2012 All Star Music
Next up POR!!!!! Dec 14-20, 2014
lovthesurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:08 PM   #1952
dreamseeker9
Mouseketeer

Thumbs up

lovethesurf, congrats on the 50-pound loss - that is so impressive! Best of luck to you as you train for the Princess Half-Marathon. I've attempted the C25K, but I just don't think I'm a runner - it tears my body up too much, and then I can't walk, much less work out. I applaud those who can do it. I'll stick to power walking and cardio dance for now.

My Disney Trips:
Apr. 1980 - WDW, Dec. 1982 - WDW, 1986 - WDW, Feb. 1990 - WDW, Mar. 1997 - WDW - ASMu
Nov. 2000 - WDW - PO (French Quarter before it was FQ), Nov. 2012 - WDW - AOA- Finding Nemo suite (TR here)
Dec. 3, 2013 - Disneyland
March-April 2014 - WDW - CSR
dreamseeker9 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2013, 08:43 AM   #1953
lovthesurf
Earning My Ears

Thanks, it's frustrating at times because I seem to get stuck right where I am now but I am pushing through. I have about another 50 left to get here I want to be.

As far as running goes, I think I have lost my mind. I was always that person who said if I am running call someone cause I am being chased, lol. I am really starting to enjoy it now and I am DETERMINED to see those Princesses!

I am rhythmically challenged so those 'dance' workouts don't work so well for me. Lol

more trips than I can count before I turned 16
2003 Honeymoon CBR
2012 All Star Music
Next up POR!!!!! Dec 14-20, 2014
lovthesurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:43 AM   #1954
maa
Earning My Ears

Subscribing! Just completed the first day of a 24-Day Challenge. Looking to get in better shape to run the Princess Half Marathon!
maa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:23 PM   #1955
Angelhalo
Ok I was like crap I'm breaking rules and I'm gonna get points and I didn't even know I was breaking rules!!! LOL!!!

I want to join in! DH and I started our weightloss program this past June. We are using MyFitnessPal to keep track of our calories and trying to be more active. Since June, I have lost 36.6 pounds!
Old 10-28-2013, 01:05 PM   #1956
RoyalMom
Mouseketeer

Talking Howdy, Folks!

I am so in.

I'm on a mission to lose around 70 lbs. over the next year or two. I am counting calories with the help of the myfitnesspal (newteapot74 if you want to join me there) and mapmywalk apps. I'm taking a "baby steps" approach, because I don't want to give up halfway through (as I am wont to do).

I just decided I wanted to feel better, so I'm making it happen!

Let's go!

DH Me DD8 DD6 DS3
RoyalMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 12:15 PM   #1957
maa
Earning My Ears

I am happy to report I'm down SEVEN pounds a week after starting the AdvoCare 24-Day Challenge. I am blogging our journey to better health on our family blog www.asikainens.blogspot.com.

maa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 01:11 PM   #1958
mblondie0509
Mouseketeer

Hi there! I have been lurking for several weeks but have finally registered and starting to post! I am a Lifetime Weight Watchers member but have long ago been at my goal. I am planning an October 2014 trip to WDW with DS8 and would like to shed about 50lbs before going. I plan to lace on a pair of shoes and get back to walking. I work on the 8th floor and love taking the stairs...just going to start adding a few more trips during my required breaks. Looking forward to starting the November challenge and sharing in all of your successes!
Old 11-04-2013, 06:45 AM   #1959
jsmith654
Earning My Ears

I'm in! I'm hoping to shed some weight before our May 2014 trip. Down 8 pounds so far using MyFitnessPal. If you'd like to add me, I'm jsmith060504.
jsmith654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 12:43 AM   #1960
115belladonna
D_Addict...D stands for Disney

I'm taking the WISH challenge!
My goal is to lose weight and be more toned. I'm not so concerned about the scale because muscle weighs more than fat. I want to be in a smaller jean size.

I'm going to drink more water, eat less processed foods, eat more vegetables, and exercise (Jillian Michaels weightloss DVD) in the mornings so nothing can get in the way of not exercising.

Big Red Boat 1991, 1993, and 1995
Disney Wonder 2001, 2003
Disney Magic 2014 January
Disney Dream 2014 October B2B

115belladonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 05:49 PM   #1961
JillyBean1899
Shiny

I'll go ahead and put by challenge goal on here. May as well "officially" join the party.

My first goal is to lose 30-35ish lbs (it's gonna depend on how I look and clothes fit at 125, I may keep going to 120). I don't really have a time frame for this, since I'm going to be on various drug cocktails while trying to sort out this whole RA thing, and some of them will cause my weight to fluctuate. But I definitely don't want to get over 160 (which I *NEVER* thought I would even have to worry about), and I'm pretty darn close to that right now.

My second goal is to get up to a half marathon distance with a 12 min/mile pace, preferably by the end of 2014. I've signed up for the Expedition Everest Challenge in May 2014, so I have a concrete goal to work towards now. Of course, this will depend on how my joints hold up, so it's flexible, too.

One of the biggest things I've learned from friends with chronic pain is to keep goals reasonable and be open to changing them as needed. It's one thing to push yourself to get better, but you don't want to push yourself over the edge.

I've gone to find myself. If I get back before I return, please keep me here.
No matter how slowly you're moving, it's better than standing still.
I run. I'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, BUT I RUN!
JillyBean1899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 10:31 AM   #1962
glaserjm
DIS Veteran

Hi all,
I'm glad I found this thread! I started on my weight loss journey in 2012 and have lost about 35 lbs. since that time. However I would like to lose about 25-30 more lbs. over the course of this year through both WW and exercise.

I was an athlete in high school and college, so competition has been a good way for me to push myself toward my goal. I've started running and my goal is to run in 6 races this year, including the Tower of Terror 10-Miler in October! It will be my second RunDisney event and I'm incredibly excited!

glaserjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 05:13 PM   #1963
115belladonna
D_Addict...D stands for Disney

Hi all!

I need to lose weight, too, and thought by joining a group I would be more accountable.

I'm about 100 pounds overweight, maybe more. I'm trying to lose jean sizes before my October 2014 cruise with my mom.

I just got off the Magic last month and bought only 1 picture with my husband. I am so disgusted with myself how I allowed myself to get this big. My brother and I have the same waist size now. That is sad. Right now, I wear 20W plus size jeans. My goal is to wear size 4 petite jeans. I know I may not reach that size this October 2014 but I want to at least get into single digit size jeans.

My plan is to decrease my intake of processed foods (chips, candy, cookies, sodas, etc.) eat more fresh fruit and vegetables, eat more seafood, less pork and beef, less fast foods, etc.

Today is my first day of starting this plan. I just did the Jillian Michaels 30 day challenge during my lunch time. It's 20 minutes/day for 30 days. I could barely do it, but I did what I could. I feel better already.

Big Red Boat 1991, 1993, and 1995
Disney Wonder 2001, 2003
Disney Magic 2014 January
Disney Dream 2014 October B2B

115belladonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 08:14 PM   #1964
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 115belladonna View Post
I need to lose weight, too, and thought by joining a group I would be more accountable.

I'm about 100 pounds overweight, maybe more. I'm trying to lose jean sizes before my October 2014 cruise with my mom.

I just got off the Magic last month and bought only 1 picture with my husband. I am so disgusted with myself how I allowed myself to get this big. My brother and I have the same waist size now. That is sad. Right now, I wear 20W plus size jeans. My goal is to wear size 4 petite jeans. I know I may not reach that size this October 2014 but I want to at least get into single digit size jeans.

My plan is to decrease my intake of processed foods (chips, candy, cookies, sodas, etc.) eat more fresh fruit and vegetables, eat more seafood, less pork and beef, less fast foods, etc.

Today is my first day of starting this plan. I just did the Jillian Michaels 30 day challenge during my lunch time. It's 20 minutes/day for 30 days. I could barely do it, but I did what I could. I feel better already.
Hi,
Good for you for starting to eat well and move more. As a lifetime Weight Watchers I'll caution you not to focus too much on the number on the scale or on the label of your jeans.

Healthy, sustainable, weight loss is 1-2 pounds a week. Focus on the good things your doing (the Jillian challenge during lunch and eating less processed foods) and the weight loss will come.

TK
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 10:45 PM   #1965
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Hi, Good for you for starting to eat well and move more. As a lifetime Weight Watchers I'll caution you not to focus too much on the number on the scale or on the label of your jeans. Healthy, sustainable, weight loss is 1-2 pounds a week. Focus on the good things your doing (the Jillian challenge during lunch and eating less processed foods) and the weight loss will come. TK
Congrats on being Lifetime! How long have you been on maintenance? I am still trying to figure out my goal weight. Maintenance is tricky!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: