facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2012, 01:11 PM   #1876
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackstoryWorthy View Post
He trains people to race in run/walk intervals for a lesser chance of injury and to finish in better shape (or at all) than if you ran the entire race.
http://www.jeffgalloway.com/training/index.html

I never ran at all. I still don't really - I shuffle/jog . I am overweight too. I may never run even a 5k (although I plan to eventually...) but this method keeps me from "overdoing"it while keeping me on a schedule and accountable.
Thanks...

I want to try something and see if I can do a 5k this year....

I had foot surgery in Jan and my goal was to run a 5k by the 1 year mark.

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:11 PM   #1877
danicaca
Mouseketeer

I have lurked here long enough - I would like to take part in the challenge! My name is Danica, I am 37, and tired of the losing/gaining game! I started My Fitness Pal in May, then Power 90 in June, and so far am down 25 pounds. Four years ago, I did WW, and lost 75 pounds, but I had gained it all back by May of this year. When I saw pics from our last trip to WDW in 2010, I was so depressed about how I looked. When we decided on our dates for next years trip, I knew I needed to change my lifestyle and get back to a healthy weight. Not just for the trip, but forever. I have vowed that this will be the last time I do this, as I know it is not healthy to gain/lose so many times. Anyway, looking for support and encouragement, as DH started the journey with me, but has stopped the workouts. Good luck to everyone!
Danica

danicaca is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2012, 02:42 PM   #1878
dgbg100106

Quote:
Originally Posted by danicaca View Post
I have lurked here long enough - I would like to take part in the challenge! My name is Danica, I am 37, and tired of the losing/gaining game! I started My Fitness Pal in May, then Power 90 in June, and so far am down 25 pounds. Four years ago, I did WW, and lost 75 pounds, but I had gained it all back by May of this year. When I saw pics from our last trip to WDW in 2010, I was so depressed about how I looked. When we decided on our dates for next years trip, I knew I needed to change my lifestyle and get back to a healthy weight. Not just for the trip, but forever. I have vowed that this will be the last time I do this, as I know it is not healthy to gain/lose so many times. Anyway, looking for support and encouragement, as DH started the journey with me, but has stopped the workouts. Good luck to everyone!
Danica

Danica....

We started the Insanity workout and have been going 2 weeks now, and I have not lost an ounce! Hopefully I can see a change soon, but glad to hear you are working out and eating right.

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 08-22-2012, 03:44 PM   #1879
Mom2aJessieGirl
DIS Veteran

My DH and I started eating better a few weeks ago. I intend to lose at least 40 pounds, plus I want to run a 5K in early 2013.
WDW (Dolphin/FW) February 2014; WDW (POP) March 2013 (F&G);WDW (ASsp) January 2013;WDW (POFQ/FW) May 2012 (SWW); WDW (FW) February 2012; WDW (POFQ) November-December 2011 (MVMCP); WDW (POFQ/FW) February 2011; DLR (GCH) August 2010; WDW (WL) Spring 2002; WDW (WL) August 1997; WDW (WL) July 1994; DLR (DLH) Mid 90's; WDW July-August 1991; WDW March 1989; And a couple more for good measure!
Mom2aJessieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:10 PM   #1880
JavArmy
DIS Veteran

Okay, here is the deal. I did WW while my husband was deployed almost 2 years ago and was very successful with it. I made it down to 140 lbs (and may I say i loooked good ) However, ever since he came home, I've been putting the weight back on. He's not the only problem, we have moved, so that hasn't helped, and I haven't found a meeting I'm in love with, so that makes it hard. I know I have no one to blame but myself, but I'm having a hard time getting back on track. I'm at 165 lbs right now and I'm worried that if I don't do SOMETHING it won't be long until i'm back at my original 185 lbs. I'm hoping that by joining this thread, I have someone to talk to about my struggles and successes, plus i'm on the DIS all the time anyhow I want to make this work.

JavArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 03:55 PM   #1881
oubliette77
Earning My Ears

Don't just dream it. Do it!

I am a 35 year old female. One daughter.

So here is my progress so far. One month of no soda and low carb eating. 19 lbs down. Joined the gym a week ago. Working on my running. Already lowered my time down from a +32 minute two mile down to a 28 minute two mile. Walk/run. Hoping to do a 5K and work my way up to a 1/2 marathon.

Already got my first injury when I took my daughter on a run and let her ride her bike. She took a wrong turn downhill and panicked. This Momma saved her from harm but wiped out in the process. Lots of ice, bandages and blood later I am still going.

Is anyone else doing galloway's C25k? I am using the free mapmyrun app, but would love to find one that will beep when I need to switch between walk run for endurance building. Good luck to everyone!!
oubliette77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:44 PM   #1882
Leleluvsdis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubliette77
I am a 35 year old female. One daughter.

So here is my progress so far. One month of no soda and low carb eating. 19 lbs down. Joined the gym a week ago. Working on my running. Already lowered my time down from a +32 minute two mile down to a 28 minute two mile. Walk/run. Hoping to do a 5K and work my way up to a 1/2 marathon.

Already got my first injury when I took my daughter on a run and let her ride her bike. She took a wrong turn downhill and panicked. This Momma saved her from harm but wiped out in the process. Lots of ice, bandages and blood later I am still going.

Is anyone else doing galloway's C25k? I am using the free mapmyrun app, but would love to find one that will beep when I need to switch between walk run for endurance building. Good luck to everyone!!
I use couch25k. It is great!! Just start your music and then the app and it will tell you each time you switch and when you are halfway.
Leleluvsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:49 PM   #1883
kolohe_lady
Princess, nuthin'! I wanna be Queen!

My W.I.S.H

I haven't been on this site for over a year! But now that I have regular access to the internet and some goals in mind, here I am again

My goals:
-Improve my eating by learning to prepare good-for-me food. Less sugar, more veggies.
-Get consistant with strength training. I have a gym membership but have thus far been too intimidated to use the weight room. Not sure how to use the equipment and afraid of just being in the way of those who obviously do.
-Improve my running. I'd like to be able to do the 2013 Disneyland half marathon at or around the 2 hour mark. My best time for a half thus far has been around 2:20.
-I don't have a specific size or weight goal in mind right now. I think as long as I focus on eating better and getting stronger, that part will take care of itself, and I can rock my dress when I get married next year.
kolohe_lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:49 PM   #1884
ronalee
Earning My Ears

I have been doing WW for the last 18 months and have lost 41 pounds... I have 9 pounds to go but I have been gaining and losing the same 2 pounds for the last three months... Hoping that this board (and a few others) will give me the motivation I need to lose those last pounds for good... My plan is track what I eat and keep exercising (I love running and am training for the Tartan Twosome - Nova Scotia's version of the goofy... 5K on Friday and Half Marathon on Saturday, which is next week).
ronalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:01 AM   #1885
dgbg100106

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolohe_lady View Post
I haven't been on this site for over a year! But now that I have regular access to the internet and some goals in mind, here I am again

My goals:
-Improve my eating by learning to prepare good-for-me food. Less sugar, more veggies.
-Get consistant with strength training. I have a gym membership but have thus far been too intimidated to use the weight room. Not sure how to use the equipment and afraid of just being in the way of those who obviously do.
-Improve my running. I'd like to be able to do the 2013 Disneyland half marathon at or around the 2 hour mark. My best time for a half thus far has been around 2:20.
-I don't have a specific size or weight goal in mind right now. I think as long as I focus on eating better and getting stronger, that part will take care of itself, and I can rock my dress when I get married next year.
Well it seems that your goals are right and you are off to a great start on getting in that wedding dress. Congratulations on the wedding!

AS far as the weight room, I would ask for help, book a session or three with the trainer there at the gym and specifically for the weight room. They will teach you technique, proper form and help to establish a healthy amount of weight to lift.

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 09-07-2012, 09:03 AM   #1886
dgbg100106

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronalee View Post
I have been doing WW for the last 18 months and have lost 41 pounds... I have 9 pounds to go but I have been gaining and losing the same 2 pounds for the last three months... Hoping that this board (and a few others) will give me the motivation I need to lose those last pounds for good... My plan is track what I eat and keep exercising (I love running and am training for the Tartan Twosome - Nova Scotia's version of the goofy... 5K on Friday and Half Marathon on Saturday, which is next week).
Keep exercising and do track your food, but also make sure you are eating enough, I fall into that sometimes, I am so worried that I am eating too much and I eat less, but what I really need to do is eat more, to help fuel my body!

Good luck on the race, make sure you come back and tell us how you did..

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 09-08-2012, 11:10 AM   #1887
Nixie
DIS Veteran

I am joining in! (Didn't even know this board exisited!) Hi, my name is Christy Last year I weighed in at my highest nonpregnant weight ever. I was very unhappy. My wedding rings didn't fit. I did not even want to leave the house. I started WW and lost -42 pounds. I hit a plateau. I got really bummed out and quit WW. I have now gained back 8lbs. I really need to get back on track. I am currently trying MyFitnessPal.

Nixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:47 AM   #1888
dgbg100106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixie View Post
I am joining in! (Didn't even know this board exisited!) Hi, my name is Christy Last year I weighed in at my highest nonpregnant weight ever. I was very unhappy. My wedding rings didn't fit. I did not even want to leave the house. I started WW and lost -42 pounds. I hit a plateau. I got really bummed out and quit WW. I have now gained back 8lbs. I really need to get back on track. I am currently trying MyFitnessPal.
Hi Christy....

Welcome and please share and encourage as you wish...

I leave for travel today for work, but am bringing my Insanity videos with me...

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 09-13-2012, 01:59 AM   #1889
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran

I cannot believe I have just found this part of the boards! I was even looking for it when I started my endeavour, but I was looking for 'Disney Running' or something and didn't even think to look at WISH

Anyway, my name is Lana and I'm aiming for the TOT 10 miler in 2014 (assuming they have one!). I'm aware that I won't *need* two years to train, but my budget is the most prohibiting factor here. In the meantime I have signed up for a 5k in 2 weeks (am aiming to run 3.6k of it as per my program). I am aiming for a 12k run next year which I'll tie in with a trip to visit my family (Mum and I will run it together).

I actually have had ambitions to do a Disney run before, and started on the Galloway program for the half. That program unfortunately didn't really work for me as I didn't feel like I was achieving much and I couldn't handle being out for 3 hours at a time when I started getting to the longer workouts, but hadn't really improved my speed yet. So this time I decided to start with the C25K, which I'm actually enjoying! I just did my second workout for week 4 this morning and am still surviving! It's the longest I've stuck with any running program (except for the Galloway one, but for me that was more walking) and I've still got motivation in bucket loads

Anyway, I did start a thread about my adventures in the general trip planning part before I stumbled across this. It's in my sig as a 'PPTR'. Mods, please feel free to move it.

TRIPS TAKEN
March 2011 DLR Engagement (HoJo & Peacock Suites) TR - March 2012 HKDL Honeymoon (HKDL Hotel) TR - Feb 2013 DLP (Hotel l'Elysee) & HKDL (Hollywood Hotel) TR - Aug/Sep 2014 RunDisney 10k DLR (DI&S & Portofino) TR

TRIPS IN PLANNING
Sep 2015 RunDisney Half DLR PTR - 2016 Shanghai Disneyland Opening Day PTR
zanzibar138 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:37 AM   #1890
dgbg100106

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanzibar138 View Post
I cannot believe I have just found this part of the boards! I was even looking for it when I started my endeavour, but I was looking for 'Disney Running' or something and didn't even think to look at WISH

Anyway, my name is Lana and I'm aiming for the TOT 10 miler in 2014 (assuming they have one!). I'm aware that I won't *need* two years to train, but my budget is the most prohibiting factor here. In the meantime I have signed up for a 5k in 2 weeks (am aiming to run 3.6k of it as per my program). I am aiming for a 12k run next year which I'll tie in with a trip to visit my family (Mum and I will run it together).

I actually have had ambitions to do a Disney run before, and started on the Galloway program for the half. That program unfortunately didn't really work for me as I didn't feel like I was achieving much and I couldn't handle being out for 3 hours at a time when I started getting to the longer workouts, but hadn't really improved my speed yet. So this time I decided to start with the C25K, which I'm actually enjoying! I just did my second workout for week 4 this morning and am still surviving! It's the longest I've stuck with any running program (except for the Galloway one, but for me that was more walking) and I've still got motivation in bucket loads

Anyway, I did start a thread about my adventures in the general trip planning part before I stumbled across this. It's in my sig as a 'PPTR'. Mods, please feel free to move it.
Hi Lana,

Glad you dropped by....

Congrats so far on finding something that works for you. That is the most important, and you have goals set.

Stick around and look forward to you motivating me to run more!

2013 Cruising adventures

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: