Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2011, 05:57 PM   #1771
zianha
Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened!

I'm in too!

I started yesterday (again) with exercising. I originally started in May trying to do the Couch to 5K so that I can work my way up to the Princess 1/2 marathon in February but I broke a toe, then started having severe ankle, knee and shin pain once my toe was better and I was able to run again!

I know my ankle and knee problems are aggravated by my weight! I had to have a complete hysterectomy about a year and a half ago and have gained 70 POUNDS in that year and a half since!!!

I'm ready to get healthy and be around for my kids!!! Hope I can find motivation from you all when I have those "bad days"
Me-Shandale(39) DS11 DS15 Ziggy Zoe NDM #344---WDW Commando Member #121
My Blog! http://alldaydisney.com/
My YouTube Channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/AllDayDisney

zianha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:45 PM   #1772
SoScary'09
Has Friends on the Other Side

I've finally decided that it's time for a lifestyle change, so I'm in as well. I've been negligent and have gained some weight, and the goal is not just to lose the 18lbs ahead of me, but to change my overall lifestyle and just eat and live better overall.

Therefore: Starting now I'm not going to be eating out at work anymore. At all. Not only does help my health but it helps out my wallet too. I'm also learning to eat more fruits and veggies and to steer clear of the tv dinners and fatty snacks. This also saves more money at the grocery store!

I think posting here and keeping in touch will definitely keep me motivated. In the past I've tried to lose weight just to lose it, but made no real commitments to lifestyle changes and just gained it all back. I'm turning 27 this year and am really starting to feel the difference in my ability to burn stuff off.

So here we go! Subscribing and pleased to meet you all!

Halloween '09:-CR Halloween '11:-Poly Halloween '13-BC March '14: First DL Trip
SoScary'09 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2011, 08:24 PM   #1773
XIAOJIAO
Earning My Ears

is a good idea!i like it !best wishes for everydody!do you know china?beautiful state!
XIAOJIAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:34 PM   #1774
NOLAdisneymom
DIS Veteran

I started my re-invention on 7/7 at 192 lbs. Today I'm at 184. My dr put me on a 1200 calorie diet, due to disintegrating knees. I use myfitnesspal.com and iphone app to track my calories! My goal weight is 142.

Yesterday my hubby and I took the dog for a walk, and we will try to go a little further each time. It would help if it wasn't 90 degrees with 100% humidity!

I'm on my 20th day, and making healthier choices is becoming a habit. I'd really like to loose 30lbs by the time I go see the Mouse in November!

Thanks, Ladies, for all the inspiration!
November 2008 - Caribbean Beach
November 2010 - Caribbean Beach
November 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside
Halloween 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside
February 2014 - First Deluxe Stay - Beach Club!
NOLAdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:38 PM   #1775
jaelless
Mouseketeer

Wow

looks like this thread started eight years ago. That is amazing. Just curious is anybody still here that was from back then? Any way I have decided I want to join W.I.S.H. if that is ok will everybody. I am inspired and motivated by quiete a few things. My kids, because I want to live to see them grow up and who they become. I want to be a grandmother because that looks like lots of fun LOL Next year I am planning to take my DD to Disney World for her fist trip. She will be turning 3 and I want to be able to keep up with her and go on all the rides she wants to try. I also have a DS who is soon to be 16 and I don't want to be embarrassment to him in any way. And last but not least I want to look good for the man I am going to marry. so you should see me making the occassional post in here when I actually think I can contribute something worthwhile to read.
jaelless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 02:11 PM   #1776
TheMovieJunkie
Earning My Ears

This is a great idea! I just booked a trip to Universal and Disney in October and need to get myself in healthier shape for all the walking.

I had lost 13 lbs. at the beginning of the year, then pretty much maintained since then. My goal is to walk daily and get myself geared for October!!! Last time I did Disney (in 09), I was in pain each and every night. I am determined to help myself a little bit, lose some weight, and most of all be ready this time.

Looking forward to joining WISH!!!

Royal Pacific and Pop Century-October 2012
Animal Kingdom Lodge (first time with kids)-2009
Animal Kingdowm Lodge (Honeymoon)-2001
TheMovieJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:52 AM   #1777
DisMomJill
Mouseketeer

So happy to find this! In 2005, I lost about 45 pounds doing WW. Kept it off for almost a year until I started travelling a lot for work. Living in a hotel away from friends and family really took its toll. Ended up gaing it all back, plus a lot more. While I was pregnant with my DD, I didn't gain any weight, mainly because I was sick for the whole 9 months. 6 weeks after she was born, I was down about 35 pounds. 2 years later, that weight is back. I'm hovering right at the same weight I was at when I got pregnant.

This is my plan:
1. Join WW online, even though DH and I are trying to have baby. If I get pregnant, I will cancel my membership and use SparkPeople to journal my food and exercise.
2. Take breaks 2-3 times a day to walk for about 10 minutes.
3. WiiFit while watching television in the evenings after DD is in bed.
4. Portion control!!!!
5. Journal all food, honestly!!!!

I'm planning to weigh tomorrow morning, but I'm going to start the healthier eating right now! Will try to create a journal today or tomorrow.

DisMomJill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:58 AM   #1778
NOLAdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Good afternoon ladies!

Well either my scale or the dr's office scale was off.. so, as of today, I've actually lost 7.7 lbs, not the 11 that I thought.

However, Ill take the almost 8 lbs, bc it's as much as a gallon of water weighs, and to me, that's good enough!

Hope everyone's having a great day!
Old 08-15-2011, 12:23 AM   #1779
AwfullyBigAdventures
Mouseketeer

I'll join the challange! I've gained about 20 lbs this past year because I have been eating out far too much. I have been working so hard, I am often too tired to cook when I come home, so I do take out or freezer meals and they have taken their toll. My goal is to eat more home cooked, well balanced meals. It wont be an easy adjustment for me, so if anyone has good ideas on fast and still healthy meals, please let me know!

Disneyland
October 2006-Residence Inn by Marriott
January 2013- Rental Condo
September 2014

Disney World
December 2011- Port Orleans Riverside
February 2014

AwfullyBigAdventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:09 PM   #1780
*Seanaci*
DIS-obsessed and proud!

I'm climbing on board.

I need to lose weight for my health (always tired, sit quite a lot being a SAHM, and just have low self esteem about myself). Plus, we're going to Disneyland in Dec 2012 and I would like to be down to a size 14 or 16 if possible in that time (right now I'm in a 22/24 UGH!).

Anywho. I'll be doing loads of walking (I have a step counter which I've used every day since I bought it) both with a DVD and on a treadmill. Hoping in about 6 months I can feel fit enough to try C25K. But, that will depend on my foot (I've had issues with my left ankle for about a year; was diagnosed with achilles tendonitis last year and just haven't been able to get it completely under control).

Anyway. That's me! Really looking for help and motivation/reminders to walk every day. I am on facebook and twitter if anyone is interested. Thanks!!

Me(34), DH(43), DS(6), DM(56), DG(61)
*Seanaci* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:35 AM   #1781
NOLAdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Seanaci* View Post
I'm climbing on board.

I need to lose weight for my health (always tired, sit quite a lot being a SAHM, and just have low self esteem about myself). Plus, we're going to Disneyland in Dec 2012 and I would like to be down to a size 14 or 16 if possible in that time (right now I'm in a 22/24 UGH!).

Anywho. I'll be doing loads of walking (I have a step counter which I've used every day since I bought it) both with a DVD and on a treadmill. Hoping in about 6 months I can feel fit enough to try C25K. But, that will depend on my foot (I've had issues with my left ankle for about a year; was diagnosed with achilles tendonitis last year and just haven't been able to get it completely under control).

Anyway. That's me! Really looking for help and motivation/reminders to walk every day. I am on facebook and twitter if anyone is interested. Thanks!!
HI! Good luck with your weight loss! I've still got 37lbs to go, so I'll be here awhile! PM me your fb info so I can add you!
Old 08-18-2011, 02:34 PM   #1782
SoScary'09

Just checking in with the thread. Hard to believe but my home scale says I've lost 9lbs already. It may be off and more like 7, but it's great to see that I'm already making progress. What a difference just eating a healthier lunch makes

What's really the crazy part is that I'm not starving all the time like I'd thought I'd be. I've found out there's plenty of healthy foods out there that can still fill you up! Best wishes for everyone's weekend!

Old 08-18-2011, 03:36 PM   #1783
NOLAdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoScary'09 View Post
Just checking in with the thread. Hard to believe but my home scale says I've lost 9lbs already. It may be off and more like 7, but it's great to see that I'm already making progress. What a difference just eating a healthier lunch makes

What's really the crazy part is that I'm not starving all the time like I'd thought I'd be. I've found out there's plenty of healthy foods out there that can still fill you up! Best wishes for everyone's weekend!
WAY TO GO!!
Old 08-22-2011, 03:52 PM   #1784
Princess Mindy
Mouseketeer, proud and true!
I have chronic lack of wittiness disease and must live vicariously through your tags

Location: Chicago, IL, but secretly want to move into Cinderella's castle!

I'm officially joining this challenge. I'm on weight watchers and have lost 42 pounds so far, but I have another 40 to go for my ideal weight. Although my vacation is right around the corner, I hope to balance the intake by lots of activity.

Wish me luck! And best W.I.S.H.es to everyone else in the challenge.

Princess Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 10:23 AM   #1785
SoScary'09

Thanks so much NOLA! After this coming Monday's weigh in I'm already going to be a third of the way there. This is the first time I've ever weighed myself weekly too. I used to think ignorance was bliss and never wanted to think about it, but it really keeps you focused and motivated! Now that I'm doing this I can't believe I went through my entire life only getting weighed at doctor visits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Mindy View Post
I'm officially joining this challenge. I'm on weight watchers and have lost 42 pounds so far, but I have another 40 to go for my ideal weight. Although my vacation is right around the corner, I hope to balance the intake by lots of activity.

Wish me luck! And best W.I.S.H.es to everyone else in the challenge.
AWESOME JOB on your 42lbs!!! Have fun on your trip and don't worry, you'll be walking so much and staying so busy that things will surely balance out. And if not, don't fret about it too much. It's your vacation after all!

We actually have a ton of ADRs so I've been thinking about how to handle those too. I suppose the key will have to be moderation. No way I'm gonna be at WDW and not get my hands on a dole whip! I just won't go overboard.

Last edited by SoScary'09; 08-24-2011 at 10:28 AM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: