Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2003, 07:14 AM   #1
mkingdon
Obsessed...and admits it!!

The Williams tour of Florida restrooms - Sponsored by VISA Day Three - Magic at Last

Cast

Me - Craig, only just 33. Rucksack carrier and stroller pusher.
Louise - Wife, 34, slowly becoming addicted to WDW.
Emily - Aged 8. Moody, full of attitude and daddy’s girl.
Rebecca - Aged 6. Comedian, Olympic eater and worrier.

The Williams tour of Florida restrooms, sponsored by VISA.

Day Three – Saturday 16th August – Could this be the magic at last?

Surprisingly I didn’t wake up until 6.30. I was expecting a 4.00am start today, but was quite pleased as it might mean we could do a “normal” day.

Everyone was up by 7, and by some miracle we were all ready and in the car by 8 after a breakfast in the house.

I can’t tell you how I felt when we started to see the Purple WDW signs. But it was good!!!! As we passed under the Welcome to WDW arch a little shiver went down my spine, and I couldn’t take my eyes of the view which consisted of the MGM watertower with ears, The Swan and Dolphin, and lots of signs to places like DTD, Blizzard Beach. Yep, we’d arrived.

We got to MK at 8.30 and parked in Pluto. I even got a buzz from riding the tram, and hearing the CM on the back creating white noise through the speakers. Is it just me who can’t tell a word they are saying?

So after a quick bag search (remember that rucksack? – Well in it today was:

Camcorder (not a fancy new one but an old heavy one)
Camera
Autograph books
A small cool bag with an ice block in it

So it was quite light….watch this space) we were into MK. As we had left the monorail there was an express stroller CM asking if anyone wanted a stroller. Why did I walk straight past him?

Now I know my DDs are 6 & 8, but the chances of them walking around MK, in 90 degrees for a full day are about as likely as us not putting weight on during our holiday. They needed strollers, and not just one double one, oh no, that would be the cheaper option, so that was no good. They wanted one each. To be fair a double would be a squeeze, and they would end up fighting, and then I’d have to take my belt to them (damn I wasn’t wearing one), so it was for the best.

So I queued for the strollers. Kids firmly in place in the blue plastic things we are on Main Street. I had waited for this moment for 2 years, since I last left MK, giving one last glance over my shoulder at the castle as the monorail pulled away, lump in my throat and tear in the eye.

All the shops were there like I’d left them, there were balloon sellers (different ones I think), those annoying photographers were there, and resisting my urge to sprint to Frontierland to do Splash, I stopped the stroller convoy half way up Main Street for a camcorder moment.

If only camcorders could record smells. WDW has it’s own smell I think (I hope that’s not just me). Memory preserved for all time, we moved on towards Splash. We took a left at Caseys, past Crystal Palace, and walked at a pace past POC and eventually came out at Splash Mountain.

It was hot by the way.

10 minute standby for Splash. So I grabbed a FP for BTMR, and then we walked on to Splash. The 10 minute meant a walk on, and we were soon cruising through the Brer Rabbit story.

Last trip, two years ago, Rebecca had tried Splash and hated it. Emily had done it when she was both 4 and 6 and liked it. We were hopeful this time they would be much braver on the rides. How wrong we were, but more of that later.

After the “big drop” as Rebecca called it, the kids seemed OK, but didn’t want to go on again. Hmm, not a good sign. We then used our FP on BTMR, and Emily was OK but Rebecca came off crying, saying it was too fast. Typical, does she not know how much this holiday cost. She may have to be left at the villa tomorrow!!

At this point a rest room was needed (a phrase you may see quite often from here on in) so whilst the girls did that, I got a drink and muffin from one of the kiosks in Frontierland. We sat and had those whilst applying sun cream to the girls.

Then it was over to the Haunted Mansion. The girls took this in their stride, so things may be looking up. I see something different on this ride every time.

Then we got a FP for Peter Pan as it was a 40 minute queue, and went on IASW. This is a favourite of the girls, and Louise. The girls then wanted to do Buzz Lightyear so off we went (to the other side of the park nearly, haven’t they read the three guide books in our house). We got a FP for Buzz, and I noticed that COP was open.

So we had to do that. We all loved this, and Rebecca sang the song for the next 14 days. Great!

It was now time for our Peter Pan FP, so off we went to the other side of the park again (remember I’m carrying a 30 pound backpack and pushing 5 stones of child, but hey I’m not one to complain).

It was now about 11.30 and we were starving. We went to Cosmic Rays. Burgers all round. I love the toppings bar here (OK so I’m sad) and whilst I was balancing the tray, drinks and toppings I managed to drop a portion of fries all over the floor. Oh dear that is unfortunate I said (honest).

A CM appeared like the man out of Mr Ben and they were gone. Fries restored we chowed down and felt much better after some food.

After lunch we were about to head over to Buzz, but noticed a show starting on the Castle stage. We watched that in the blistering heat.

Eventually we got to Buzz. I was quite upset with my score of 98,400, as 100,000 is the next level up. However, I still trounced the rest of the family so that’s all that matters.

For some reason we ended doing some shopping at this point. Revenge for the Buzz victory I think, but then we got a FP for Space Mountain for all of us. Now the girls were big and brave they would go on, right?

Whilst waiting for the FP slot we thought we’d do POC. Oh, you mean POC at the other side of the park…No, that’s fine honestly.

So after another couple of restroom breaks along the way we make it to POC. Everyone liked this, and Louise noticed the ride references in the film, which we’d seen a few days before leaving.

Then we did Jungle Cruise after a 5 minute wait. A very good CM on this, with many truly awful jokes. Guess what, now it was time for Space Mountain. At the other side of the park.

Off we went, got to the loading area, and the kids bottled it. Well, Emily bottled it, which meant Rebecca wouldn’t go on either. We asked to do a baby swap, saying BABY loudly to give the girls a suitable complex about being such chickens.

Louise rode first, and we waited at the ride exit, then I went back up to the loading area on got on straight away.

On reflection we both thought the ride was far too rough for the girls and we were glad they didn’t go on. Of course, we didn’t tell them that.

It was now 4pm, and it had been about an hour since we had seen a restroom so off we went to do that, and then we sat down for a drink in the shade.

We were flagging at this point, and as watched the car ride in Tomorrow Land (can’t think of the name) we decided to call it a day. However, as were booked in at O’hana at 6.30, we couldn’t go back to the villa and back in time (we could if we had been on Clear Creek!!!). So we caught the monorail to the Contemporary, and had a nosey around, and browsed the shops.

I quite like the Contemporary but it seems quite cold and clinical to me. I prefer other Deluxes I think.

Then back on the monorail, after pretending to be rich for a while, and off to the Poly. Bought Rebecca a bracelet from the shop in Poly, and then booked in at O’hana. We were seated immediately, quite near the fire pit.

Our server was very good and very friendly to the kids, who of course won’t shut up at home, but become mute when other people talk to them.

The starters were lovely, and like the pig I am, I ate far too much of them so I was full by the time the meat arrived. The girls had a hot dog as they are really cosmopolitan and exotic.

Louise had a back scratcher cocktail from the bar, and I had a lovely Diet Coke!!!

The meal was very nice indeed. I think maybe we were a little tired at this point and didn’t get the most out of it. $75 was fair enough I thought as Louise’s drink was $8!!

We submitted to exhaustion at 8.00 and we drove home and were all in bed for 9.15.

Tomorrow - Epcot
Cypress Pointe August 2004

Trip Report 2003 - The Williams Tour of Florida Restrooms Sponsored by VISA

The Sunshine, Moonlight, Good Times & Boogie(board) Tour August 2007

mkingdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 08:44 AM   #2
Claire L
Enjoys a good broadway show
Likes a nice cold glass of White Zinfandel
Has been known to have a blonde moment now and then

Busy first day!! I had to laugh at the belt episode and at last the restrooms are mentioned!!!
Claire
Aug 90 to Mar 98 - 6 visits to US and 20 states visited, inc 2 trips to WDW and 2 trips to DL Jun 01 - WDW Grosvenor DTD 2wks + TIG St Pete Beach 1wk Jun 02 - WDW WL 2wks Feb 03 - New York 4nts Jun 03 - West Coast 3wks SF to LA & DL for 3 days Oct 04 - WDW AKL 10nts + RPR 2nts Jun 05 - WDW YC 10nts + HRH 4nts + TIG St Pete Beach 1wk! Jun 06 - SF to LV inc Lake Tahoe, Yosemite + the Grand Canyon 3wks Dec 06 - NYE at WDW POFQ 11nts inc RPR 1nt Oct 07 - WDW SSR 2wks inc PBH 1nt May 08 - WDW AKV 15nts inc PBH 1nt + VB 4nts Feb 09 - WDW SSR 1wk + BWI 1wk Jun 09 - Washington DC for 1wk Dec 09 - New York for 6nts Oct 10 - Miami 3nts & WDW AKV KV 13nts inc HRH 1nt Jun 11 - LA to Seattle for 3wks inc 3 days at DLC Oct 12 - WDW AKV KV 2wks inc PBH 1nt Oct 14 - WDW AKV KV 2wks inc PBH 1nt
Claire L is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-03-2003, 01:36 PM   #3
KayleeUK
Still here.....

Wow......what a long first day
Old 09-03-2003, 04:03 PM   #4
Tartan Tigger
I fixed my PC MYSELF!!!!!!!!
I need all the help I can get
Sends little flat people around the world
I tossed my cookies for Dixie Amos

Sounds like a great first day. Loved the comment about the belt.
Old 09-04-2003, 12:07 AM   #5
squitty
With a little bit of Pixie Dust
Finds it hard to type with her eyes closed

Yep, a very busy first day.
Quote:
If only camcorders could record smells. WDW has it’s own smell I think
Could'nt agree with you more
Old 09-04-2003, 07:10 AM   #6
Mrs Dazzle
Florida-mad (well, mad full stop!)
Looking for her George Clooney doctor...
Tag Fairy's don't go on holiday (or vacation) ;-)

What was in the cocktail?

Thought the girls have behaved very well and not too many loo breaks . . . so far:D
Oct/Nov 83 - tour of Florida; June 99 - Orlando/Sand Key; May 00 - Orlando/St Pete Beach; May 01 - St Pete Beach; Sept/Oct 01 - (Hong Kong & Philippines); Oct 02 - Orlando/Marco Island/Keys; May 03 - (St Lucia); Oct 03 - Orlando/Marco Island; Dec 04 - Xmas skiing in a winter wonderland; Aug 05 - Ft Myers Beach/Orlando; Easter 06 - Skiing Lake Tahoe/San Fransisco; Easter 07 - Boston/Killington for another American ski adventure Oct 07 - Orlando; Aug 08 - Florida for three weeks; Apr 09 - Katie's 16th birthday treat with mum to NewYorkOct 09 - Miami & Marco Island; June 12 - Celebrate Divorce in Barbados June 13 - Orlando & Barbados with my lovely DD
Mrs Dazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 06:45 PM   #7
AlisonB
Bonzo's DW!!
The Tag Fairies visit EVERYWHERE, Alison! Just ask AngelUK :-)
All Aboard! Now Leaving Twoterville!!!

Have every sympathy with you over the girls being a bit worried over the big rides - ours wouldn't do Space Mountain either!
1994 - EuroDisney
1999 - Offsite
2001 - CBR & Polynesian
2003 - Wilderness Lodge & Hard Rock
2004 - Pop, RPH, CSR, PBH, Contemporary
2006 - Disneyland Paris - Newport Bay Club
2007 - POR, HRH, Grand Floridian
2008 - ASSp, BCV, VB, RPR, VWL
AlisonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 04:22 AM   #8
Minniespal

The Original 'Free Spirit'
Who's Next??

Wonderful trip reports ~ Thanx for sharing!!
Minniespal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 12:53 PM   #9
Astrid
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars

'Like the man out of Mr Ben' - Ahh, memories from a mispent youth in front of the tv!!

Astrid
DLP - Dec '97
ASMu - Mar '02
Off Site & The Polynesian - May '03
Off Site & The Dolphin - Dec '03
The Dolphin/The Yacht Club & Sam's Wedding - May '04
HRH & Private Villa - Oct '05
Private Villa & Royal Pacific Resort - May '07
Astrid is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: