Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2003, 01:18 AM   #16
vhoffman
DIS Veteran

Great website. I definitely plan to use it to have my kids make a journal. Its a keepsake, and also gives the kids a winddown activity to do each night.

I'm having my kids (six year old twins) make a scrapbook of sorts about the various countries represented in Epcot. We haven't gotten very far. So far , we've done Mexico and Canada. Just simple things. I have them identify the country on a map, learn to spell it, get books from the library about that country, and maybe take them to a restaurant of that country. Very easy to find Mexican restaurants in Texas. However, I don't think there is such a thing as a Canadian restaurant (outside of Canada). Also, I've tried to teach them a few words in that country's language. My high school Spanish and French finally are being used! Also, I've contacted AAA for information about the other countries. The kids have a great time cutting out pictures and gluing them in their scrapbooks.

I have a similar idea about Animal Kingdon. That is, to try to study something about the various animals they will see there. Maybe we could get some pictures from the internet. Does anyone know of a website about animals that would fit this project? That is, have pictures and facts about various animals? Also, how can I find out which animals we will see in AK?

I think my kids are learning a lot from these projects, and hopefully it will entice them to want to go to the other parks, not just spend all our time in fantasyland (although that's my favorite, too). Also, since I'm taking the kids out of school for a week, it looks better to the teacher that its an educational as well as fun trip.
vhoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 11:24 AM   #17
DianaPrincessofWales
DIS Veteran

Great site! Now my kids' journals will be all neat and trim looking and ready to hand into their teachers. Fun homework!!
DianaPrincessofWales is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2003, 01:17 PM   #18
Madi100
DIS Veteran

What an awesome site! Thanks so much. My daughter's only homework is also doing a journal. She is in first grade. I spent all of yesterday making activity books from the other thread. I thought this one was the same thing. Wow, was I wrong. This is just too neat.

I haven't read through it yet, I'm just printing away I was going to share with everyone what we did last time. I'm not sure if this is included in the journal or not. I guess I see some of it already. However, I asked what her favorites were with a lot of the trip. I asked her how much she thought it cost. Her favorite ride is Big Funder Mountain and one of her highlights was seeing the Very Godmother. This items are just priceless. We pasted it to the beginning of our scrapbook. I think that is one of the favorite things about our scrapbook. I'm sure that we will save this journal forever, but I think I'll still include a page in our scrapbook. Now if only our 2 1/2 year old would start talking so we could do the same with her
Madi100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 04:11 PM   #19
jtjarvis

DIS Veteran

Thumbs up My travel project books turned out great!

I found the Disney Dollarless site a while back and made each of my first-time-Disneyer boys ages 4 and 6 a travel journal with the special pages. I chose activities according to age and bound the pages in three-ringed binders of different colors and decorated them with Disney stickers.

I also made the decoupage autograph books described on the Dollarless site. They turned out fabulous-- and I'm not the best of crafters.

I put both the journals and autograph books together in two big Disney gift bags with lots of red and green tissue, for Christmas presents from Mom and Dad. We're going in late January so it was timely!

Glad so many others are getting so much from that site-- it has some pretty inspiring ideas.

JT
jtjarvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 02:19 PM   #20
Madi100
DIS Veteran

I printed these out for my daughter. I took them to our local Office Max, and I had it spiral bound. They also have a clear thick page you can put on the front and a thick card stock to put on back. I had ours spiral bound on the top because she is left handed. It cost $3.99. I know on the Disney Dollarless page there are ideas for binding them, and I just wanted to share mine here.
Madi100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 12:44 PM   #21
siobhan1997
DIS Veteran

Thanks so much for this fab link. I will be printing journals for Christmas presents and giving our daughter 9 and our grandchildren 4 & 6 each one to get ready for our Disney trip in March 2004.

Disney is all about Making Memories and what a great way to make them.

Thanks,
Siobhan
siobhan1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 11:50 AM   #22
SnoWhiteRabbit
DIS Veteran

Question

MADI100 -
What activity books from another link? I found the journal pages and the alpahbet and counting homework on the one site. Are there other activity books I could be looking for?

Thanks!

Next Trip 8/14 So Much to Celebrate! ASMo * 12/10 Our Very Merry SuRpRiSe ChRiStMaS TRiP * 1/08 Grand Gathering POR - Papa's 70th & Blaise's 6th - Pirate & Princess Party! * 11/05 POR - Jersey Week - Food & Wine Festival * 12/04 POP & ASMo - MVMCP * 10/02 POFQ & ASMo - DD 4th Birthday & MNSSHP * 5/01 AKL & POR - Flower & Garden Festival * 5/00 ASMo - Flower & Garden Festival * Childhood trips... 7/83 Disneyland * 2/79 POL * 12/75 First Trip - age 6 (off site) Thanks Gramma for the best Christmas gift ever! I'll always remember the magic...*

SnoWhiteRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 10:00 AM   #23
BUMBLEBALL
Earning My Ears

Smile THANKS

THANKS EVER SO MUCH, I HAVE HAD A LOOK AT THE PRINTABLES AND THEY ARE BRILLIANT.

I AM GOING TO DO AN A4 FOLDER ON DISNEY AND ADD PAGES LIKE THIS TO IT AND GIVE IT TO MY CHILDREN ON THE PLANE.

THEY CAN ALSO TAKE THIS TO SHOW THEIR TEACHER ON RETURN FROM HOLS.

ANY IDEAS ON OTHER STUFF I COULD ADD?

DONNA
Old 03-05-2004, 09:43 AM   #24
elmo2wdw
Addicted to the DIS

This is an awesome website. My kids will love the activities.

elmo2wdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 03:27 PM   #25
chaoscent

Mouseketeer

DISboards Moderator

Thank You

I think???
I have spent the last two hours printing out the pages found at this site. I couldn't decide if the 16 & 18 olds would be jealous so I printed enough for everyone in our party (there are 9 of us) I figured if my DH, Mom, DB & I did a journal, it would make it easier for the 3 younger ones (nephews) to do a journal. I am going to put the pages in a thin, 3 ring binder. I am taking the youngest ones on a trip to the poconos this summer, so we will decorate them. I will give them some "homework" assignments to complete before the trip and work with them while we are on the trip. As I am a teacher by trade this should be fun. Hopefully they will not get too much grief for being out Thanksgiving week when their teachers see how busy and educational their time off will be.
Thanks again, Penny :jumping4:
Autograph Cards & Covers, Tshirts & Background Clip art are here http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/d...1Cent/?start=0 Our DISigns are free as we donate our time and talent to make them. If you like what we have made please consider a donation to Give Kids the World. To donate, please click the Power of 10 image in my signature.
chaoscent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 09:27 PM   #26
Dumbofan91
Dumbo's back back again Dumbo's back tell a friend Dumbo's back Dumbo's back

I think it is cool.
Dumbofan91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 10:06 AM   #27
jlw29
Mouseketeer

Talking

This week I printed these out on cardstock and had them spiral bound at the local printers. My kids LOVE them!!! They can't wait until our trip at the end of May to start filling them out. I had to promise DD8 that she could do the "getting ready for our trip" page this weekend. She is going to take it in to show her teacher on Monday. I'm hoping that this journal can be part of her homework for the trip.
jlw29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 02:56 PM   #28
marcyinPA
I'll never forget the strong, pungent smell of Noxema!
I was such a fashion disaster!!

Thanks! We leave tomorrow and I just read this thread and HAD to print this up! My ds's assignment while we are gone is to journal, so this is perfect. I hope his teacher appreciates it (she's a bit of a "pill"....)

Thanks again!
6/08- We're Cruisin' (NCL
Spirit) for my BIG 4-0!,
6/09- WL (celebrating my birthday with Mickey!)
,2/11- POP
marcyinPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 04:16 PM   #29
cats7494
"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." Mother Theresa

Thumbs up

Thank you for that great website! That will be so much for my my DD!
We are going for our FIRST time ever in September!! SO excited...

I have one question... how do you all do that really cool countdown thing on your posts?

thanks!
Cats
cats7494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 07:52 AM   #30
Mom2Ashli
DIS Cast Member
People are after my thread killing powers!

I love that site. I printed off the Letter Practice Sheets for my 5 year old and she loved them.
Mom2Ashli is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: