Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2003, 08:08 PM   #1
Lostinwdw
Earning My Ears

Yacht club, boardwalk or beach club - pool, fireworks & transportation

I posted about being confused about the resorts and got some great responses / help. I think these are the three that interest me the most.

It is just my husband and I going.
It might be Thanksgiving week and I read that is a busy week.
I am most interested in rating the pools, the firework / night show view and being able to get to places quickly....

I would also welcome any ideas on how to get the best prices....

Thank you sooo much.

Last edited by Lostinwdw; 08-15-2003 at 08:13 PM.
Lostinwdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 08:22 PM   #2
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Hmm.....As far as view of the fireworks, I can't help you there. I have seen way too many during my time as a Cast Member at DL. However, Yacht and Beach Club has the best pool, Stormalong Bay. Both Y and B have quiet pools as well. Beach Club and BW Inn are the closest to EPCOT. All three have boat or foot access to MGM. If you are looking to avoid tons of kids, then choose the BW Inn. The Yacht and Beach tend to attract lots of families because of the pool.

Bus transportation for the AK and MK from the BW can be inconsistent. Depending on the time of day, busses serve the Swan/Dolphin, Y and B and the BW, with the BW being the last pick-up. Busses can be full and you may end up waiting longer than you want......

Lots of variables. Hope this helps
jordanyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2003, 08:39 PM   #3
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

I'd call as soon as possible to see if you can still get into any of these resorts for Thanksgiving week. They may be booked up already.

Any of the fireworks are difficult to see away from the location of the show. You can see them much better from the park they are shown in. You might be able to see some of the higher fireworks, but you wouldn't be able to hear the music.

SAB at the BC/YC is a miniwater park and not the best pool for adults if you don't want to be around tons of kids. The quiet pools at all three resorts are nice.

As Epcot resorts, you can get easily to Epcot, Disney Studios and the Boardwalk entertainment. That's about it. Anything else requires a bus, a car or a cab.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 09:21 AM   #4
DeeP
Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by Deb & Bill

Any of the fireworks are difficult to see away from the location of the show. You can see them much better from the park they are shown in. You might be able to see some of the higher fireworks, but you wouldn't be able to hear the music.

SAB at the BC/YC is a miniwater park and not the best pool for adults if you don't want to be around tons of kids. The quiet pools at all three resorts are nice.

As Epcot resorts, you can get easily to Epcot, Disney Studios and the Boardwalk entertainment. That's about it. Anything else requires a bus, a car or a cab.
You can see the fireworks and hear the music from Illuminations quite well from many of the rooms at BWV and BCV and also some YC/BC, S&D rooms. Fantasmic fireworks can be seen and the music heard also from BWV rooms, the standard view rooms the fartherest from the elevators are best for this. The views of Illuminations is better than Fantasmic because the show has many more fireworks.

We are a family of all adults and love SAB (it is our favorite WDW pool by far) and have never found it to have any more kids then many of the other WDW pools. We always have a very relaxing time at this fantastic pool.

The Epcot resorts are very close(within a short pleasant walk) to numerous wonderful restaurants and shopping both at the Epcot resorts and WS. These resorts are also very close to 2 mini golf courses and 3 clubs on the boardwalk. Transportation to MK, AK and DTD is by bus, car or cab. To get to other non Epcot resorts will require either taking various forms of Disney transportation and and switching at parks or driving a car or taking a cab.

Last edited by DeeP; 08-16-2003 at 09:33 AM.
DeeP is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: