Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2003, 05:18 PM   #1
billwendy
DIS Veteran

Question Making Ressies.....

Hellos,

do you feel it is best to call DLP direct to book your package?

are there any "tricks" to get specials or cheaper rates or codes or anythign to get a discount?

are there any standard rooms at the Disneyland hotel that you should request?

is there any chance of an upgrade?

this might be silly but is there "white glove" american express treatment at DLP? (i know this is silly question)

any other tips before booking???

thanks a ton!!!

Traumatic Brain Injury 2/5 & 9/6/2013
March is TBI Awareness Month!
Life changes in an instant! Shine On!
billwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 03:54 AM   #2
richard3330
Cirque Fan

Hi Wendy,

It's up to you IMO who you call to book your package - I'd ring around and see who is offering the best price.

Unfortunately there anren't any secrets or tricks to getting lower room rates at Disneyland Paris - the resort hotels are extremely popular and there are rarely discounts available. There are no codes like at WDW that you can use in DLP.

When you have made your reservation, telephone The Disneyland Hotel direct with your reservation number and they should connect you to the right area to make a room request. Unless you have booked a park-view room, I would try and make a request for a standard room in the East or West wing overlooking one of the entrance/exit turnstiles or the back of the hotel. Here you can often have a good view of the castle through the trees. Have a look at the Disneyland Hotel FAQ Thread for more information and specific good rooms.

When you check-in, if it is a fairly quiet time of year it's always worth asking if there is a possibility to upgrade your room type. I have had luck once before in which I upgraded from a standard view room to a wonderful park view room, which was great. They may charge you a small additional fee (discounted from usual) or if you're lucky they mayu offer the upgrade for free.

I'm not too sure, but I think DLP has stopped its partnership with Amex (??). I don't remember seeing much last time I went, but I remember the time before Amex holders got lots of benefits like a reserved viewing area for the parade, free pin badge and upgrades on Eurostar etc.

Book as soon as you can, if possible as the DLP hotels tend to book up pretty fast.

HTH

Richard.
DLCalifornia - Grand Californian - 2001
USF/WDW - Portofino Bay, AK Lodge, Virgin Holiday Villa in Newport Richey - 2001
USF/WDW - Wilderness Lodge, Polynesian and Portofino Bay - Xmas/New Year 2002/2003
Grand Floridian/Beach Club/ Portofino Bay & 3 night Disney Cruise - April 2004

Disneyland Paris -
Hotel New York (92) Sequioa Lodge (93) Newport Bay Club (Admirals Floor) (96) Newport Bay Club (Admirals Floor) (97)
Disneyland Hotel (2000) (March 2002) (Walt's Apartment, Disney Studios Grand Opening!) (July 2002) (2003)
richard3330 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: