Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2013, 09:43 AM   #2011
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindap1 View Post
We never did coach when we went in 2011. We did have them reserved but hubby decided when we got to the station to upgrade to deluxe bedroom $$$$$$$. Very expensive to upgrade there...$600 one way and needless to say we were sold on a bedroom. Did the same coming back from DL and I can't imagine trying to sleep in coach with people moving around and talking We'll be going in November this year in a family bedroom and got it fo 247 each way. I was in one in 2011 when my dd and I visited a family and their daughter that we had met at the station. More room than a deluxe! Can't wait to go again this year!
We are going late Nov to early Dec. can't wait! Already found another Disser returning same day Dec 7 as us, so it will be my first AutoTrain DISmeet! Or is that you? (-:
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:23 PM   #2012
kittylady1972
Disneyholic

We have done bedrooms and coach and I must admit coach was not that bad at all. The key for us was being in the lower level. It was almost like having our own room to ourselves and the kids had extra space on the floor plus we had some extra seats. I think we could easily manage it again. Our next Autotrain trip will probably be Thanksgiving 2014.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards

The past:*Jan'14: DCL MAGIC*Sep/Oct'13 DCL WONDER*Aug'13:DLR*Jan'13: POP/SSR*Nov'12:VWL/DCL DREAM/THV*Jun'12:SWAN * Mar '12:BDWLK * Jun'11:BLT * Dec'09:SSR * May'09:BC&AKV *Oct'08:BCVDINING REPORT*Jun'08:POP* Nov'07:OKW&SSR*Oct'06:AKL*Jan '06:CR*Feb'04:BDWLK *Oct'03:POLY*Sep'01:CR*Oct'99:POR*Feb'97:ASM
kittylady1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2013, 11:02 PM   #2013
Sadie22
DIS Veteran

I got an email and a cell phone call from Amtrak today, telling me that smoking will not be allowed on the AutoTrain by the date of our trip. They're making sure they get the message out.
Sadie22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:46 PM   #2014
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadie22 View Post
I got an email and a cell phone call from Amtrak today, telling me that smoking will not be allowed on the AutoTrain by the date of our trip. They're making sure they get the message out.
Thanks for the update. I'm surprised they didn't tell people sooner ... I booked months ago for my Nov trip and haven't seen a thing ....no email, phone call or FB status (unless I missed it).

Last edited by Marshay; 03-27-2013 at 12:52 PM.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:23 PM   #2015
jlhill4444
Mouseketeer

I received a two phone calls and emails also for our June trip. They are allowing smokers to take a smoking break when they stop late at night though. I for one am greatful. I have a son with asthma and smoke really sets him off.

My family:

Me , DH , DS10 , DD9 and DD3
jlhill4444 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:23 PM   #2016
Disneyholic
Official Disneyholic! CM Wannabe! I'll Never Grow Up!

I wish the no smoking was taking effect sooner. We will be on the train in April. I'm glad I have a sleeper so we don't have to go to the club car. We have enough room to stretch out & we take the laptop & DVDs.

Disneyholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:11 PM   #2017
Marshay

I just got our emails and phone calls yesterday re: the no smoking.

I am curious how the break will go at Florence and how loud the announcement and horn will be...

Please report back.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:27 PM   #2018
lindap1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post

I am curious how the break will go at Florence and how loud the announcement and horn will be...

Please report back.
I was wondering the same thing Hopefully it doesn't wake us up or I might just be a little upset

I got two phone calls yesterday and an email about the no smoking
Old 03-29-2013, 03:30 PM   #2019
bdcp
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post

Please report back.
I always wake up when we pull into Florence anyway. DH got two emails and two phone calls on his cell also since we're booked round trip in Nov. I'm glad they did this. It frees up the lower lounge level for all to use. We all know how full the lounge car can be upstairs.
Shades of Green Nov 08

Shades of Green Oct 11
Shades of Green Nov 13
bdcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:52 PM   #2020
nono
DIS Veteran

May it all go better than our last time on the southbound AutoTrain in Florence. We were awake and watched (and felt!) one of the dudes in a 3/4 ton truck slam into the side of the train.... It was and and all at the same time.
nono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:51 PM   #2021
emcclay
Mouseketeer

Hello! Next Friday, I will be boarding the Auto Train. I figured it would be easier to get my 14 year old car to Florida than driving it all the way down. Now, when they load the cars, do they lock the doors? I have absolutely no clue how to disable my car alarm and am petrified my battery will be dead at the end of the trip! Thanks!

December 2003 - ASMu January 2008 - Wyndham BC October 2011 - CSR March 2012 - CSR January 2014 - BC
emcclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:27 PM   #2022
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emcclay View Post
Hello! Next Friday, I will be boarding the Auto Train. I figured it would be easier to get my 14 year old car to Florida than driving it all the way down. Now, when they load the cars, do they lock the doors? I have absolutely no clue how to disable my car alarm and am petrified my battery will be dead at the end of the trip! Thanks!
They shouldn't since I would guess they leave the keys in the car but they do say to disable any alarms. We just gave them a valet key and no fob but I do know that older systems may be armed when you locked and closed the door.

How do you arm it now? A dead battery in Florida is bad for more than just you. Its bad for everyone behind you. You may want to see a mechanic.
Old 03-30-2013, 05:40 PM   #2023
emcclay
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chartle View Post
They shouldn't since I would guess they leave the keys in the car but they do say to disable any alarms. We just gave them a valet key and no fob but I do know that older systems may be armed when you locked and closed the door.

How do you arm it now? A dead battery in Florida is bad for more than just you. Its bad for everyone behind you. You may want to see a mechanic.
My alarm is armed when I lock my car. I'm just trying to make sure the cars are not locked inside the train. Not sure I am up for playing around with the fuses in my car

December 2003 - ASMu January 2008 - Wyndham BC October 2011 - CSR March 2012 - CSR January 2014 - BC
Old 03-30-2013, 05:45 PM   #2024
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emcclay View Post
My alarm is armed when I lock my car. I'm just trying to make sure the cars are not locked inside the train. Not sure I am up for playing around with the fuses in my car
Thats why I posted about talking to a mechanic.

But like I posted I don't think they lock the doors and take the keys. If they did they would have to keep track of them and possibly lose a set. Just as bad as a dead battery, a car that can't move.

Last edited by chartle; 03-30-2013 at 05:54 PM.
chartle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:56 PM   #2025
emcclay
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chartle View Post
Thats why I posted about talking to a mechanic.

But like I posted I don't think they lock the doors and take the keys. If they did they would have to keep track of them and possibly lose a set. Just as bad as a dead battery, I car that can't move.
Do alarms usually sound when cars are unlocked, though? I feel like that would defeat the purpose of even locking your car. Plus, if I go through the trouble of getting my alarm disabled here how would I get it turned back on in Florida? There are no reputable Saab mechanics close to where I will be. Hopefully, they keep the doors unlocked.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: