Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2003, 09:38 AM   #1
Sian
Mouseketeer

Fantillusion disappointing!

I was in Paris on Saturday night for the premier of Fantillusion having built my first time Disney guests up to seeing something fabulous and I have to say it was very disappointing. The reason was that all the action took place along Main Street and we were standing at the top by the Main Street station. We had a good idea that something exciting was happening further away but had no idea what it was. The parade begins and ends with floats and dancers very similar to Spectromagic but the middle section contained the villains' floats and several strange looking people in large black cloaks (reminded me of the ring wraiths from Lord of the Rings) pushing small black trolleys. We realised that they must be involved in something but only the people positioned for the middle section of the parade could see them. Where we were there were floats with princesses and princes which rose into the air which was quite nice but hardly spectacular. It was very frustrating to know that only some parade viewers were being treated to the full show. I have now checked out what happened in the villains' section and it sounds great. Be warned! Position yourself on the main section of Main Street if you want to enjoy this parade.

1997 Santa Fe, DLP
1999 Davy Crockett Ranch, DLP
2001 Quality Inn International
2002 Courtyard by Marriott & POR
2003 AKL, Vero Beach, Wyndham Palace
2004 Hilton Head
2005 Royal Pacific, Boardwalk Villas
2005 Port Orleans French Quarter
2005 Pop Century (first solo trip)

Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 02:01 PM   #2
richard3330
Cirque Fan

Sian,

We also have just come back from watching Fantillusion and I can understand your frustration. We were, luckily, sitting right in Main Street USA so had a great view and IMHO it was one of the best parades that I think Disney have ever created. However, when we returned back to the hotel, some people were saying that they had a bad view. This is just a great excuse to go back to DLP again!

Richard.
DLCalifornia - Grand Californian - 2001
USF/WDW - Portofino Bay, AK Lodge, Virgin Holiday Villa in Newport Richey - 2001
USF/WDW - Wilderness Lodge, Polynesian and Portofino Bay - Xmas/New Year 2002/2003
Grand Floridian/Beach Club/ Portofino Bay & 3 night Disney Cruise - April 2004

Disneyland Paris -
Hotel New York (92) Sequioa Lodge (93) Newport Bay Club (Admirals Floor) (96) Newport Bay Club (Admirals Floor) (97)
Disneyland Hotel (2000) (March 2002) (Walt's Apartment, Disney Studios Grand Opening!) (July 2002) (2003)
richard3330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2003, 11:35 PM   #3
Samirella
Many have made a trade of delusions and false miracles, deceiving the stupid multitude.~L. DaVinci

What's even more disappointing is knowing that Fantillusion in DLP is a mere shadow of it's original TDL incarnation. I was disappointed at the number of floats missing, the different costumes, the smaller number of performers, and the quality of the performance. I feel bad for the guests who never got to see this parade as it was originally performed as it was absolutely spectacular!

Leap and the net will appear.

Samirella MySpace
Samirella is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: