DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2007, 10:03 PM   #136
RLRDA
Go Sox!! Go Pats!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Rick View Post
We are going for Thanksgiving. November 21-27. Got my adr's for Tony's Town Square, and the tickets for MVMCP the same night. CP dinner ressies at Le Celier, and then David Robinison will be doing the reading. Then Boma another night. There are 14 of us, and we'll be staying at AKV, except for Sis who will be at BCV. Can't wait....
I'm not familiar with all the different abbreviations....what are "CP dinner ressies"? We tried to get reservations at Le Cellier (never been) when we were there in August but the only openings they had were 9pm and later! Oh well, better luck next time. Sounds like a great trip planned for Thanksgiving.....have a wonderful time!

Aug'14 VB & OKW~Aug'13 SSR~Aug'12 BCV, Dream, AKV/CL~Aug'11 THV~Aug'10 OKW~Aug'09 AKV/CL & BLT~Oct'08 BWV~May'08 BCV~Aug'07 SSR & AKV ~Oct'05 BWV~May'04 WL~May'02 POR ~Nov'98 GF

Last edited by RLRDA; 09-22-2007 at 09:40 PM.
RLRDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 07:19 AM   #137
Coach Rick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLRDA View Post
I'm not familiar with all the different abbreviations....what are "CP dinner ressies"? We tried to get reservations at Le Cellier (never been) when we were there in August but the only openings they had were 9pm and later! Oh well, better luck next time. Sound like a great trip planned for Thanksgiving.....have a wonderful time!
Thanks....CP is Candlelight Procession. I have learned that you really have to make ressies for dinner at the more popular restaurants well in advance. I actually wanted a later sitting, but they simply weren't available, and I made these ressies back in July. With WDW poised to set an all time record for attendance (I think DVC has something to do with that), call early, call often.

Coach Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2007, 06:58 PM   #138
Claroquesi
Mouseketeer

Just booked a long weekend in October!

"Columbus day is better than Christmas!" Anyone? Anyone?

Claroquesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 07:58 AM   #139
XQIXX
WDW is my happy place!

Hello,
We went last Colombus Day weekend and EPCOT is crowded due to Food and Wine Festival. We had a great time! Heading back in 38 days..can't wait!
XQIXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 08:40 PM   #140
fmed845
Mouseketeer

Looks like quite a few Rhode Islander's. Going in Dec. 5th-13th. Staying at AKV and OKW.
fmed845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 08:52 PM   #141
XQIXX
WDW is my happy place!

I am heading down Nov 9-17 at AKV.I also have BWV for April.It seems that MA has the week after as their school vacation week so I am hoping for less crowds.
XQIXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 09:09 PM   #142
Monte Cristo
I hear their eyes are everywhere

We'll be there for Christmas....the first one away from RI! The WHOLE family is going too so that should be interesting!
Old 10-22-2007, 09:52 PM   #143
chiroguydc
Earning My Ears

WOW....lots of Rhode Islanders here!

We call North Providence home while we're waiting for our next trip to our other "home".

We own 230 points at OKW, and just bought in this past August 2007!

11/24/07 - 12/2/07 @ SSR
2/29/08 - 3/1/08 @ BWV (ESPN the Weekend!)
chiroguydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:46 AM   #144
RLRDA
Go Sox!! Go Pats!!

We'll be back in May 2008 for 5 nights at BCV! We're looking forward to it since we've never stayed at BCV and from what everyone says here....it sounds fabulous!

Anyone else going in May??

Aug'14 VB & OKW~Aug'13 SSR~Aug'12 BCV, Dream, AKV/CL~Aug'11 THV~Aug'10 OKW~Aug'09 AKV/CL & BLT~Oct'08 BWV~May'08 BCV~Aug'07 SSR & AKV ~Oct'05 BWV~May'04 WL~May'02 POR ~Nov'98 GF
Old 10-23-2007, 06:31 PM   #145
Denise W
Boardwalk DVC Member

I just saw this thread! We have 350 points at BWV, have owned since 1998.

We live in Barrington (where my DH grew up). Our youngest just started college. We are going on our first trip "home" by ourselves at the end of January!!!

Glad to see so many locals here!

Denise
Denise W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 09:00 PM   #146
MaryAnnDVC
"Mare", DISing since '99; prefers being tagless

Just found this. Fun thread! I read through the whole thing because I wasn't sure if I had posted before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kt-scarlett View Post
Oh! We were caught in WDW for Hurricane Charley, the first of the string of hurricanes that battered Orlando. We were in Epcot when it shut down and saw all the merchandise carts tethered to the ground, watched some CMs place boards across the bottom of the Innovention doors to prevent flooding, and saw the ticket booths all wrapped in cellophane. We had just moved that day from BWV to the Poly and had to stay inside the room that evening and our dinner was food from the Poly snack shop in the lobby. When the storm hit we watched from our balcony (where we were NOT supposed to be) as a transformer across the lake blew and the MK went dark. The next day there were branches etc all over the grounds at the Poly and the pool was closed. We went to the MK that day ( IIRC it was the only park open) and were astounded at how well it handled the storm. Damage to MGM and Downtown Disney was more noticeable and sad.

I have to say that WDW handled the storm quite well and I would not let Hurricane Season stop me from visiting in that time frame.

Now the HEAT... well, that's another story.
We were there for Hurrican Charley too. The kids and I arrived the day before, and DH arrived that day. He called from the plane before takeoff, saying they announced that they were leaving on schedule but might get diverted. I remember the anxiety in the air! We went to Winn Dixie to buy coolers in case we lost power, and candles...the only candles left were scented; it was pretty funny, all these people standing around sniffing candles to make sure that if they needed to use them, they were going to smell good!

We went to MGM 45 minutes before it closed early, and then left to pick DH up at the airport. Had no idea what his travel situation was, but figured we'd go ahead and be there IF the plane arrived. It did, and boy, was I relieved. It had already started to rain tho, and his clothes got soaked through the suitcase just from transporting it from the plane.

We had always stayed in deluxe or DVC resorts (or partial trips offsite), but this time we stayed at Pop Century for a few days before moving to BWV. During the hurricane, I was on the DIS reading threads about singalongs and free food in the BWV lobby, while I was listening to a bunch of teenaged girls screaming and giggling on the Pop Century balconies! Ugh! Killed me!

We were impressed that Pop never lost power, and were surprised the next day to see all the trees down. A few days later, we tried to go to a store offsite, and there were no traffic lights and tons of damage; it was amazing how well prepared Disney was. The day we had arrived, the kids and I drove around Celebration, and then we went back a few days later with DH; what a contrast between pre-storm and after.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvwdw18 View Post
Yeah I have seen that too. And how about EPCOT have you seen that?
I've seen the EPCOT plate!

I'm not a native RIer (originally from NJ, moved to MA with parents), but have lived here since '79, interrupted once for a year and a half after college when I lived in NY state. DH is a native (Lincoln) and I lived in Lincoln during college (near St Judes). We live in the northeast corner of RI now after an initial couple of years in East Providence.

It was fun reading this thread to my DH...he had a few laughs.

Oh...about summer/August at WDW. We used to go every year for Thanksgiving weekend at Universal, then the following week at Disney...a wonderful time! Then, it got too difficult to take the kids out of school the older they got, so we started doing August with them. I HATE heat, but somehow, heat at WDW is a whole lot easier to deal with then schlepping around RI in the heat doing everyday activities, KWIM? Having been there as often as we have over the years, it's much easier to play it by ear and not worry about "seeing it all" if we want to just slow down and relax.

One more thing...BWV, 250 pts, Feb 2001.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:58 AM   #147
RLRDA
Go Sox!! Go Pats!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAnnDVC View Post
Oh...about summer/August at WDW. We used to go every year for Thanksgiving weekend at Universal, then the following week at Disney...a wonderful time! Then, it got too difficult to take the kids out of school the older they got, so we started doing August with them. I HATE heat, but somehow, heat at WDW is a whole lot easier to deal with then schlepping around RI in the heat doing everyday activities, KWIM? Having been there as often as we have over the years, it's much easier to play it by ear and not worry about "seeing it all" if we want to just slow down and relax.

One more thing...BWV, 250 pts, Feb 2001.
We love August as well. Our oldest is in 5th grade, middle DS is in 3rd so it's getting harder to go during the school year. We went last August and I think we'll go in August '09 but we do have a trip planned for May '08 (almost at the 30 day mark!) They'll miss 5 days of school unfortunately but have been relatively healthy and have not missed more than 1-2 days this year. They're also get decent grades so I can't see it having a major impact (I think this is just my conscience talking ). I just don't think I could ever go to WDW during February or April vacations. So we either bite the bullet and take them out every couple of years or go in August. I'm not a 'heat' person either but you're right, heat on vacation in WDW is somehow easier to tolerate!

Old 03-27-2008, 11:37 AM   #148
Coach Rick
DIS Veteran

Getting ready for our next trip

Ok, so AKV came up for points, so I just had to buy some there. Now I have more points than I know what to do with. Remedy, take more trips, buy AP's to reduce the cost of entering parks, and enjoy. So, I have booked 4th of July at SSR. This will be somewhat traumatic for a former "Bristolian". What, 4th of July out of Bristol? Through high school I used to march it twice, once with the high school band, and once with the drum and bugle corps. Well, I guess I will just have to suffer.

Then it's back again in August for a 3 day stay at AKV, then a 4 night cruise aboard the Wonder, and then to SSR for 3 more days. Plunked in the middle of these two trips is a week in Newport. It's the annual "boys week away", when my son and I spend the week together in Newport without those nagging females at home.

Coach Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 11:56 AM   #149
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Ah yes. Who could forget the "Bristol Day Parade"??

First and last time I ever went to it was 7/4/76. Oy. Do they still paint the stripes down the middle of the street red white and blue?

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Muushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 12:12 PM   #150
RLRDA
Go Sox!! Go Pats!!

I am ashamed to say that I've lived in RI 36 of my 39 years (3yrs in Attleboro after getting married) and have never been to the Bristol 4th of July Parade ! Must put that on my list of things to do!! I think being in WDW for any holiday must be pretty awesome....somthing tells me you won't be wishing you were in Bristol while you're there.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: