Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2004, 02:38 PM   #16
Mickeydad
A wise man once said... "You're where you are today, because you choose to be." I choose Disney World!

Location: Burlington, CT - Proud fan of the 27-time World Champion NEW YORK YANKEES & the 4-time Super Bowl Champion NEW YORK GIANTS!!

don't know. we'll stop whenever i get tired. pick the first available hotel.

Mickeydad
Mickeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 01:33 PM   #17
Saafend
Earning My Ears

Michigan?

Anyone ever driven from Michigan?

Just wondering if it is better to go through Georgia and stay on I75 or go through Indianapolis.

My Father in Law is a truck driver and says there is not much difference in time but the latter is probably the best route. Anyone have any ideas?
<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'April 15, 2004 4:15:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkblue> My First Ever Disney World Trip </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Wish y\\\'all were here!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>
Saafend is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2004, 03:16 PM   #18
cmonroe
DIS Veteran

Saafend

I haven't, however congrats on your first trip to WDW. You'll be officially hooked like the rest of us!
cmonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 02:07 PM   #19
welovedisneyx4
I have this sudden urge to put my hair up in a side ponytail!!!
It just seems they would be a constant wedgie?

cmonroe

I live in Roanoke VA and it takes at least 11 hours and normally 12 (especially w/ kids) to get to Orlando. If you stayed in the Fort Chiswell area (right around where you get onto I-77), it would probably be about 10 hours from there (at the least). However, that is very close to the North Carolina line, so it would mean driving pretty much all the way through VA to stop.

I feel for you all that have to drive from up North. We divide the 12 hours into 2 days, which isn't so bad, but I wouldn't want to do much more. Last year when we went, we borrowed a small t.v./vcr and that was wonderful! I think DH and I enjoyed it as much as the kids! (Listening, not watching, of course!)

I love to fly, but the cost for flying out of Roanoke is so high and it isn't always convienent to go to other airports where it is cheeper.

W/ driving at least I can pack more!! I always pack too much, but better safe than sorry!!
welovedisneyx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 02:55 PM   #20
2PRINCESSES4US
Earning My Ears

welovedisneyx4,
Where do you stop for the night?
We live in Portsmouth, Va and are doing the trip in Nov.
I think if we leave between 8-9 am we can make it to Savannah, Ga. in a reasonable amount of time (8 hrs w/stops). If anyone else has done a similar distance trip from VA. I would appreciate any estimated times for the trip and suggestions on hotels w/indoor heated pools.
Thanks alot
Jerry
2PRINCESSES4US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 09:50 AM   #21
welovedisneyx4

2PRINCESSES4US

We usually stop in Orangeburg SC on the way down. I wouldn't mind making it to the Richmond Hill/Savannah area, but find that we are all ready to stop by the time we get to Orangeburg. One of my co-workers stayed at R.Hill and was happy w/ that. I am not sure which hotel she stayed at. Sorry, but I don't know of any particular hotels w/ indoor pools. That would be really nice for some relaxation, though!
Old 04-08-2004, 09:50 AM   #22
welovedisneyx4

2PRINCESSES4US

We usually stop in Orangeburg SC on the way down. I wouldn't mind making it to the Richmond Hill/Savannah area, but find that we are all ready to stop by the time we get to Orangeburg. One of my co-workers stayed at R.Hill and was happy w/ that. I am not sure which hotel she stayed at. Sorry, but I don't know of any particular hotels w/ indoor pools. That would be really nice for some relaxation, though!
Old 04-08-2004, 09:52 AM   #23
welovedisneyx4

Opps!! Double post, Sorry!
Old 04-12-2004, 03:50 PM   #24
hannahsmomma
Who's dream is it.....

Wink time from VA to Orlando

I am leaving next weekend for disney from Chesapeake VA, and it will take us at least 13 hours to get there. There is really no part of VA that will allow you to get to Disney in 10 hours. At least I don't think so. Hope that helps,
hannahsmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 03:56 PM   #25
hannahsmomma
Who's dream is it.....

2princess4us

We are leaving saturday from chesapeake and we will be stopping at the La Quinta Inn in Savannah, i am not sure about a pool, but it is right off of 95 and has a Dennys and a shoneys right across the street for breakfast the next day. Plus really clean cheap rooms. it will take about 8 hours to get there and then another 4-5 to disney!
Old 04-13-2004, 12:10 PM   #26
2PRINCESSES4US
Earning My Ears

hannahsmomma
When you get back could you please give me an update on the time, traffic and LaQuinta($?). My little girls will be 3 and 4 1/2 when we go so I just want to make sure we have all our ducks in a row! My wife seems to think all we would need is a place to let them play around, but we will be getting there around 5-6 pm so I thought a pool would be nice.
I did find a Comfort Inn & Suites in Savannah with a total cost is $100 for the night, I could save maybe $30 to $40 by going somewhere else, but I am trying to make sure we can eat breakfast at the hotel to save on some time.

Thanks
Jerr
2PRINCESSES4US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 02:38 PM   #27
hannahsmomma
Who's dream is it.....

Thumbs up

jerr-

100$ is not bad. I think I am paying 72$ and I am pretty sure there is an out door pool, but I am not sure. We will not be getting there untill mid night or so. So I was not big on ammenities. my mom just said they had clean rooms and it is right off of 95. Plus there is a Dennys Shoneys hardees and so on tight across the street. They may also have a continental breakfast as well, but I will be sure to let you know what I find out when we get back.
Old 04-15-2004, 01:15 PM   #28
Bucky
Earning My Ears

Driving down from Long Island. Stopping off in Santee, SC, rates are anywhere fron 58-89 a night.
<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'June 19, 2004 5:00:00 PM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkblue>Countdown to Operation WDW </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'The Fun has Begun!!!!!!!!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>
Bucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 01:21 PM   #29
cmonroe
DIS Veteran

Bucky

I was curious, have you ever driven down before? Will you be travelling with children?

Quick 4-day Cheering Championship Pop Century February 2013All Star Music Grand Gatherings April 2007CR August 2004CR Grand Gatherings April 2003CBR Nov 1992CR 1970's til early 1990's
Favorite Disney Memory:
Back in the late 80's, when my cousin and I were old enough to be on our own but not yet very mature, we found a pizza left in the hallway in the Contemporary. You guessed it. Only a couple of the pieces were missing, the rest hadn't been touched. When our mothers found that we had eaten that pizza, they were beside themselves. We still haven't lived it down today, 17 years later. (Sigh) Those were the days!
cmonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 01:40 PM   #30
Bucky
Earning My Ears

This will be my first drive down with children, 3. I've driven down 4 times before but all in my younger days.
<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'June 19, 2004 5:00:00 PM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkblue>Countdown to Operation WDW </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'The Fun has Begun!!!!!!!!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>
Bucky is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: